How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2014
front row

Cast me marc
I didn't know which forum this belonged to, but figured this could be the best choices.
What do you guys think if #castmemark and MBMJ's casting on Instagram and Twitter?

Do you think there is any reason for it other than publicity? What do you think the outcome will be? Have you seen any good contestants?

05-04-2014
V.I.P.

I do think it's mostly publicity and marketing. The brand will be associated with the younger audience (if it wasn't already), hipsters etc.

Personally, i'm not a fan of this phenomenon of casting non-models (DKNY did it this season, and others as well).
Models are models for a reason. They know how to sell clothes, without attracting the attention from it.

05-04-2014
front row

Maybe they'll cast people that look like models more than people?
I don't know wether that would be better or worse as far as publicity goes. Maybe they'll try to make her/them the new Caras/Kendalls/Georgias, trying to make them happen "for real".

I actually saw quite a few models who entered.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cast, marc