Casting Directors : Who are they, what do they do, news, etc. - Page 11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-12-2016
V.I.P.

I was actually thinking Miles Aldridge? I remember he had a policy of not shooting black models a few years back because it "didn't fit with his vision" or whatever bull it was. And he's worked with Bazaar and PatMcGrath before...

As for the casting directors, I'm going for the hundred with Barbara and Leila.

11-12-2016
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizanara View Post
IMO it's Maida & Rami.
Thanks ! Did some research but found nothing, except for their casting choices in regards to diversity ...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
As for the casting directors, I'm going for the hundred with Barbara and Leila.
Makes more sense than Maida & Rami. The latter don't even work together anymore that often.

12-12-2016
fashion elite

Yes, the casting directors are Barbara and Leila. I believe they casts for Gucci and Scully has been very vocal about the lack of diversity in Gucci shows (among others).
It will be interesting to see if they still cast Gucci as the president was in the room during Scully's speech.

12-12-2016
front row

^
Quote:
The two have incited controversy before for their views on the lack of racial diversity on the runways. “We think we need to keep in mind that these are shows. A show needs to make you dream, and it doesn’t necessarily need to represent reality,” Ananna told Buzzfeed, prompting many people to take to their blogs and internet forums to question the racial composition of the ‘dream’ that fashion shows intend to convey.
source business of fashion

I immediately thought about these two stupid women too

Last edited by GivenchyAddict; 12-12-2016 at 06:46 PM.

13-12-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Yes, the casting directors are Barbara and Leila. I believe they casts for Gucci and Scully has been very vocal about the lack of diversity in Gucci shows (among others).
It will be interesting to see if they still cast Gucci as the president was in the room during Scully's speech.
no its maida and ramy from CK. its well known they keep the girls books and make them wait all day. also i think the photog is Sims. jumping pics?

13-12-2016
V.I.P.

its disgusting to hear some of the stuff that is going on. I applaud him for speaking up about this, but I also wonder why if this has been going on, why arent the designers and stylists speaking up. As well as the agencies... If James knows about it, then im sure other people do so why has no one publicly shamed them? We shouldnt be afraid to speak on this especially when it comes to young girls who are in danger.

I believe James is well-known enough, as well as many of his allies to speak up and put these people in fashion blast.

14-12-2016
rising star

Its fear.... fear to lose clients, not to work anymore.
Its a very insecure business... so the fear for speaking out is to be alienated by the business... its a small world and everyone knows eachother and talk about eachother and have powerfull friends/business contacts.... so yes there is fear!

If I remember correctly James said, he thought about selling his apartment again and move away from the business again....but decided to speak up now....and even made a threat to name names...

Well lets see what changes will occur..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
its disgusting to hear some of the stuff that is going on. I applaud him for speaking up about this, but I also wonder why if this has been going on, why arent the designers and stylists speaking up. As well as the agencies... If James knows about it, then im sure other people do so why has no one publicly shamed them? We shouldnt be afraid to speak on this especially when it comes to young girls who are in danger.

I believe James is well-known enough, as well as many of his allies to speak up and put these people in fashion blast.

16-12-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
no its maida and ramy from CK. its well known they keep the girls books and make them wait all day. also i think the photog is Sims. jumping pics?
I guess now i know why i've hated most of ALAIA's recent casts. I think his audience is much more diverse than his runway shows nowadays....

We can expect no diversity at CK again. It will not be a big change actually...

22-12-2016
tfs star

Piergiorgio Del Moro is joining W Magazine as their casting director.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
I completely agree. Maida & Rami immediately came up in my thought when James exposed that dirty tactic. I hope they learned their lesson.

On a different note, I think they might have split because models.com only credit Maida, not together with Rami.

12-01-2017
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I guess now i know why i've hated most of ALAIA's recent casts. I think his audience is much more diverse than his runway shows nowadays....

We can expect no diversity at CK again. It will not be a big change actually...
Maida & Rami are not casting CK anymore

12-01-2017
V.I.P.

^Really? Who's Raf going to work with, do you know?

13-01-2017
V.I.P.

Thats great news, I just hope its not Piergiorgio but anything is better than Maida and Rami.

13-01-2017
backstage pass

CK/Raf (Mens) will be Ashley Brokaw.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, brokaw, casting, changed, director, directors, game, instagram, modeling, news