Casting Directors : Who are they, what do they do, news, etc. - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-02-2016
V.I.P.

^ From what I know Anita cast:

Alexander Wang
Balenciaga*
Creatures of the Wind
Giles
Jonathan Saunders*
Marc Jacobs

Balenciaga might be subject to change with the Demna Gvasalia coming in, might change direction since Alex is leaving. And with Saunders stopping his label she out there too.

Last edited by TheoG; 01-02-2016 at 08:15 PM.
01-02-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaStar View Post
CD and stylist of Chanel shows?
Casting director for Chanel is Aurélie Duclos. Is there a specific stylist for Chanel?

01-02-2016
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Casting director for Chanel is Aurélie Duclos. Is there a specific stylist for Chanel?
I think it's Amanda Harlech

03-02-2016
backstage pass

Maida is now casting Prabal Gurung.

04-02-2016
front row

I'm interested to know the dynamics between a casting director and all of the different designer clients. Is there ever competition or clamoring between fashion houses to get a model exclusive?

Like in the case of, say, Ashley Brokaw launching Rianne Von Rompaey as an exclusive for Ghesquiere's LV. Did Ashley's other clients (Prada or even Proenza) see or know about Rianne around the same time as Ghesquiere? Is there some sort of hierarchy of who can get "first dibs"?

04-02-2016
V.I.P.

^ I think that casting directors who work for multiple (particularly high-level/impact) brands send different girls to go meet with different designers, depending on who they think suits what.

At least that's the impression I get from having read Brokaw's System interview a few years back, where she effectively said that she sent Vanessa Axente to meet Nicolas when he was at Balenciaga for a potential exclusive deal, but he felt she wasn't right (or in her words 'too Prada', so she ended up there instead!)

04-02-2016
fashion insider

Michelle in at Hugo Boss and Ashley out; Anita out and Henry Thomas in at Balenciaga; Michelle out at Celine and Barbara Nicoli in.

04-02-2016
V.I.P.

^ Quite a shakeup, Henry Thomas at Balenciaga is peculiar since he does the cast for Alexander Wang's men's casting.

04-02-2016
trendsetter

Interesting switch.

05-02-2016
V.I.P.

Thanks for the info Riseup!

I super curious to see what kind of casting Balenciaga will have. Henry also does the Lanvin Mens casting so I'm getting the vibe...
Boss was wasting money on Ashley, it was the most boring and predictable cast of the week.
I thought Michelle was doing a great job at Céline.

14-02-2016
V.I.P.

Russell Marsh, no longer cast Victoria Beckham, now directed by Piergiorgio Del Moro.

14-02-2016
V.I.P.

Fusion Models posts pics of their girls at shows on insta while also mentioning the casting directors. It's quite a good source if you're interested in who casts what.

14-02-2016
V.I.P.

Why does Piergiorgio have so many shows? He is not even influential when it comes to making stars.

14-02-2016
V.I.P.

Moro, does seem to cast everything under the sun, especially in Milan. He does a great job but he does lack in finding the star power. Russell, has his issues but I enjoyed his work at VB.

Only Rami Fernandes, cast Prabal Gurung. Maida & Rami seem to only cast Calvin Klein together now.

15-02-2016
V.I.P.

Which show is Marsh still casting nowadays? I can only think of Marni. To think he once used to be the most influential casting director....I remember the times when people would take note of the BCBG show to speculate which girl would make it to his Prada cast. How the times have changed.

Looking by the quantity of clients, PdM is the biggest casting director. His rise is certainly impressive, not so sure about his casts.

Last edited by style_expert; 15-02-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, brokaw, casting, changed, director, directors, game, instagram, modeling, news