How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2007
windowshopping

Youre Shannan Clicks Mum?????????????????!!!

Oh My Days

Hello :d

28-09-2007
front row

I'd say pretty much all of them are aware of this place. If they don't find it themselves, someone in their surrounding will surely come across it sooner or later. But I know a few models who consciously avoid reading their threads, though their family and friends check it all the time.

Working as a model means being in the spotlight, though, and you can't be too sensitive. Yes, most of them ar far from celebrity status, and many of them are very young, but being famous, even if it's in a very limited fashion (no pun intended) always means random strangers will make jealous/thoughtless/mean comments about you.

It's not like anyone's forcing them to visit tFS or similar sites, and this is just a discussion forum on the Internet after all, not much discussion happening if people cannot express negative opinions as well. But there are decent ways to do so. "She's not my type", "I find her way too common", "her lack of expression really bothers me" or "she really needs to work on her walk" are hardly offensive comments. Possibly hurtful, but it's just opinions from complete strangers with nothing better to do, and if you can't handle that, then you're definitely in the wrong business.

But, I'll never understand people calling a girl hideous, fugly, or deformed (I actually saw someone make a comment like that - huh?). Not only is it mean and petty and weird - what happened to a good old "I don't get her appeal because she doesn't know how to pose, and I don't find her attractive either" - but it also makes absolutely no sense. They are models after all...

Last edited by Chatoyant; 28-09-2007 at 04:33 PM.
28-09-2007
tfs star

I hope so..that's why I decided to be nicer to Catherine McNeil...she's human too
okay Cathy babe?

28-09-2007
backstage pass

I'm not a model but I've had a lot of HORRIBLE things said to me online and after a while you just learn to ignore it.

28-09-2007
backstage pass

i've seen sasha p backstage on her phone browsing through these forums..

28-09-2007
tfs star

really? I think the models google their name^^ and google searches show the fashion spot don't they?

28-09-2007
lay lady lay

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel mom View Post
We love reading The Fashion Spot!

backstage pass

I'm pretty sure models do read this and I feel bad sometimes when I criticize certain models. I try not to say mean things about models under 18. I know my first experiences with the internet were horrible. I would honestly go to my room and cry when people said mean things about me but now looking back on it it's kind of silly for me to have taken those things so seriously. I think with age other people's opinions of you tend to matter less. If I were a model I would check my thread just for fun.

28-09-2007
tfs star

that's why I always feel bad for miss Tyelna I'm nopt her fan too..but I think people are really mean to her/say mean things about her

28-09-2007
backstage pass

Me too. I said a semi-mean thing about her once but then deleted my comment. Imo she's a cute girl.

28-09-2007
V.I.P.

Omgg Tanya is a member here and I feel so bad if she saw my comments in the dont apepal thread , she seems pretty sweet

29-09-2007
V.I.P.

Marina Jamieson and Dioni Tabbers are also members

29-09-2007
scenester

I'm a models mom and I read TFS all the time, if for nothing else but they post show pics faster then I could ever locate them myself. I think all the models read TFS but take it all with a grain of salt.

29-09-2007
tfs star

I think everyone would..I also googled my name because I'm always interested people on the internet write about me (there was nothing^^ ) although they don't really know me

29-09-2007
rising star

Ditto on being a Model's Mom here too - TFA is a great site to see what everyone is doing. You meet a lot of girls in the business and my daughter has found it an easy way to see what the other girls are up to and where they've worked. As far as taking offense to other people's opinions - it's part of the business and accepting criticism is a constant thing unfortunately.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forum, models, read, threads