How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2007
windowshopping

notwolfy and LOVEITALL - whose mums are you?

29-09-2007
V.I.P.

^If they haven't said it already they may not want to reveal it.

29-09-2007
windowshopping

yeah i knows but then they might just not of said it

29-09-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaru View Post
Which models know about that,smokebreak?
Ask any high fashion model, they're sure to know what TFS is because somewhere along the line someone's shown it to them, and they've either gotten creeped out or offended in the majority of the cases. Naturally when you're offended or disturbed by things people say about you, you completely dismiss those people. In this case, most models you ask will say this site is for stalkers.
I was creeped out when I was first shown the site. I'd never seen anyone discuss or talk about me before and I didn't know being a runway model meant having my name known either. Most don't even realize that comes with the job when coming on board. I know a lot of models who are embarrassed by TFS and what people say on it. They're afraid when their friends and family google them they'll see what negative things are said about them and rightfully so because they are normal with normal friends and that sort of thing is indeed humiliating in some degree no matter how thick your skin is.
On the other hand I know a lot of models who really like the site. It's not all evil and sneering of course lol. For the less controversial it's great for fetching the latest pictures from the shows and backstage and seeing that you do have supporters and people rooting for you to do well. The site runs by people, it's nice when the people are nice and can be the opposite when they're not so pleasant, naturally.

29-09-2007
tfs star

some models think we are stalkers? that's sad but I could imagine Julia be scared of me^^

29-09-2007
fashion elite

If I was a model looking at my thread on this forum and read a lot of offensive comments I'd just be like "To Hell with them, I'm in magazines, I'm special, I'm fierce" :p

29-09-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisa_ View Post
some models think we are stalkers? that's sad but I could imagine Julia be scared of me^^
Well it's their basic impression and retort to the people who in their minds spend all day looking up pictures of them and keeping up with everything they're doing and follow their work day in and day out etc
though obviously there's more to it than that and obviously not so obsessive sounding, it's just their first outside perspective speaking. A dismissive defense mechanism I suppose?

29-09-2007
tfs star

I understand that for sure.
but they shouldn't think bad about their "fans" if you can call them fans of course there are people who can be called fans and those who are just into fashion and models.

they should be proud of us freaks I hope you like your fans

29-09-2007
tfs star

I imagine they are all very flattered...the media doesn't really focus on models as much as they used to so it's probably cool to see people supporting them and discussing their work.

29-09-2007
backstage pass

I like my "fans" though I don't call them that. For me I can't use that word seriously lol "E-minions" I've coined (geekier I guess) but I think a majority of mine come from being interactive with people through a variety of websites so I have a better understanding and advantage to relate I suppose.

29-09-2007
tfs star

I think it's good to have someone who sees that from the model perspective,but I haven't seen much work of you..maybe I'll have a look at your topic.

There was something in Raquel's thread..an interviewr I think showed her a blog were brianboy photoshopped some raquel pictures (after that he stood beside her^^) and she liked that and thought it was funny...and I think they should be happy someone cares about model's hard work

29-09-2007
backstage pass

<<<hasn't been around long lol
I do like brianboy, definitely high energy to have on the supporting team :-p

29-09-2007
V.I.P.

Wow! Sasha reads her thread? My god, I hope she realises how much we love her! Thanks Rachel for telling us all this stuff, you are incredible

30-09-2007
front row

I hope the models don't read the first page of their threads and just stop. A lot of the biggest model threads on tfs start out with a surprising amount of criticism.

30-09-2007
windowshopping

If I was a model, I don't think I would

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forum, models, read, threads