How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-11-2008
tfs star

Criticisms should be put in the "don't get" thread, not on the model's own thread. If we want models to comment in their threads they need to be kept pretty positive. Still, somebody will blow it every time.

I think it is really nice when models comment in their threads. Especially Tanya, because she seemed to be having fun. But some others too.

01-11-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethii View Post
Indeed the threads are not fan clubs - maybe we need a disclaimer in the first post hehe Young people being scrutinised by thousands online...can't be easy! Some models appreciate constructive criticism and have thanked you guys in their threads

We do have rules though and if you think a post is too offensive or breaks our other rules then please report it
If a disclaimer is to be added in the first post of model threads, it'll be nice to also add some extra information about the model in the first post, just to make it a bit more informative.

I agree that model threads aren't fanclubs. But people must also know the difference between constructive criticism and being outright rude and uncalled for. Not every post in the model's thread should be praises.

BTW I thought the Tanya drama was going to be longer than that.

01-11-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontenrose View Post
Criticisms should be put in the "don't get" thread, not on the model's own thread. If we want models to comment in their threads they need to be kept pretty positive. Still, somebody will blow it every time.

I think it is really nice when models comment in their threads. Especially Tanya, because she seemed to be having fun. But some others too.
Why? Repeated bashing is one thing, but obviously people must be allowed to express dislike. It's a discussion forum. There's nothing worse than those creepy fan club threads (yeah, there are a few), where everyone agrees, and the thread basically consists of 365656868 posts of gushing.

But then again, I prefer models to be lurking. They rarely offer anything of substance, since they can't really talk about their work, and usually just stop by to say "hi" and "thanks". It only hampers the thread by making people afraid to post any negative comments. Which is pretty silly, since just about all non-posting models out there read their threads too...

01-11-2008
front row

I don't mind models posting even though it's just "Hi" and "Thanks". It just shows that they are being nice to people here who are liking their work. If people were already posting criticism before the model posted, why should they stop? If their criticism is constructive and not downright rude, why should they be afraid? I think models will appreciate being given constructive criticism, as long as the negative comments are not hateful like some posts in Models I don't Get thread, there shouldn't be a problem. Just my humble opinion.

I think I know which thread you mention as creepy fanclub thread. On the other side, I think too much gushing in the model's thread that it becomes creepy, will also hinder the particular model to post there.

Last edited by Fuune; 01-11-2008 at 10:16 AM.
01-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato's_Cave View Post
Why? Repeated bashing is one thing, but obviously people must be allowed to express dislike. It's a discussion forum. There's nothing worse than those creepy fan club threads (yeah, there are a few), where everyone agrees, and the thread basically consists of 365656868 posts of gushing.

But then again, I prefer models to be lurking. They rarely offer anything of substance, since they can't really talk about their work, and usually just stop by to say "hi" and "thanks". It only hampers the thread by making people afraid to post any negative comments. Which is pretty silly, since just about all non-posting models out there read their threads too...
Exactly! basically all the models threads are fan clubs & there´s nothing that can be done about it, people just have to respect when somebody gives an opinion that actually doesn´t fix with all the people´s opinion.

I completely agree with you Plato´s Cave!

01-11-2008
User Friendly

I wonder which threads you are talking about.. creepy fanclubs.. I think I know.. I'm curious though LOL.. PM me.. haha

01-11-2008
tfs star

I like it when models drop in a comment. Sometimes we have had a mishap explained.

28-12-2008
fashion elite

I´m sure certain ones do.

28-12-2008
V.I.P.

yes it is kind of exciting when a model gives us thanks for supporting her

28-12-2008
backstage pass

Models definetly read threads on forums. Any individual excited about their rising career will google their name in search for articles and gossip. Obviously a-list models like Kate Moss and Adriana Lima probably haven't stopped by here at all. Others might not bother reading threads on this forum as it can be distressing reading what people might have to say about you.

the power of will

Coco reads tFS too It's from her blog:
Quote:
You would be very surprised to know just how many models read Fashion Spot to find the latest news about themselves? Believe it or not I am one of them. Most girls will tell you that it is an efficient way of obtaining the latest editorials or campaigns that they haven't gotten a hold of yet. Sometimes I will go and take a look and see what people have to say about my latest shoots, weather it be positive or negative feedback, it is good to hear what people have to say. So to all my Fashion Spot Admirers I want to say HI and thank-you!!!! Keep up the postings. I don't know how you find some of these things before I do, but keep it up!!!

Stop wherever you find yourself.
01-01-2009
V.I.P.

so nice!

02-01-2009
front row

yeah, nice and strange too to hear that! wow

18-04-2009
backstage pass

^
We need Vlada to join TFS!

Last edited by sethii; 18-04-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: ***posts moved from Vlada's thread***
18-04-2009
V.I.P.

^^

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forum, models, read, threads