How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2009
backstage pass

Tanya reads and posts we're lucky

30-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy08 View Post
btw. how about toni?
i'm not sure if she reads her thread, but I do know that she knows about TFS.

30-05-2009
tfs star

^ohh, thats cool.
i hope she reads too.

03-06-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushie View Post
karlie kloss reads occasionally
imogen morris clarke now reads
myf now reads
alyona osmanova reads
wow! do any of have accounts? if not, how do you know? (i'm not accusing you don't worry)

V.I.P.

when i met Toni and Karlie after Missoni show, there was a girl with them (i guess their agent) and this girl asked if i was a member of tfs.. so the 2 models of course read their threads

V.I.P.

^well the question is, why they wouldn't read? and talking about these 2 that have a bunch of people posting everything they do. these kind of models are very lucky for having people that search for their work, because if not that I'm sure they wouldn't see half of it.

Did you talk to Toni?

03-06-2009
front row

^ Why wouldn't they?

Same reason a lot of pro athletes don't read their local sport pages... Actually probably more so... As great as it is to be famous, there is a lot of inquiry in to their private lives as well as running commentary and critique about style, look, appearance, etc. Do you think Eugenia would have enjoyed the Mickey Rourke thread?

That being said, gossip and commentary are very much a part of this niche, and with it being prevalent, I can completely understand how a model would enjoy the anonymity of an online fashion forum, and stick to areas where they are passionate about, while avoid their own threads.

03-06-2009
V.I.P.

The agent asked me if i was a tfs girl, because it's not very difficult the relation : a fan of models = tfs member... because noone cares of models (except us)!

based on my experience with models that i met, my thought is that young models read their threads, while very established models don't read it because they totally don't need to check their work on internet.

and no i didn't talk to Toni but i talked a lot with Karlie that was very lovely and i said i follow their career and congratulations..

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerleather View Post
^ Why wouldn't they?

Same reason a lot of pro athletes don't read their local sport pages... Actually probably more so... As great as it is to be famous, there is a lot of inquiry in to their private lives as well as running commentary and critique about style, look, appearance, etc. Do you think Eugenia would have enjoyed the Mickey Rourke thread?

That being said, gossip and commentary are very much a part of this niche, and with it being prevalent, I can completely understand how a model would enjoy the anonymity of an online fashion forum, and stick to areas where they are passionate about, while avoid their own threads.
They wouldn't see half of their work because most of them don't have the knowledge to search for their work on the net, like members of tFS, that's why, do you think all the work they do goes to their agencies' websites? some time ago i've searched for runway photos for a model, to send to her because she couldn't find most them, is that because she doesn't know how to work with the computer? i don't think so, that's because she doesn't know the sources that I do & an awful lot of tFS members.

And actually you can't compare the Eugenia's thread about she dating Mickey Rourke because it doesn't make sense since we are talking about models' threads and models' threads in general are fan clubs, sure there was some discussion about Volodina's bf on her thread but nothing of those comments you saw in the Rumor has It forum at all. And actually it's a tFS rule to just discuss about models' career in their SC respective threads, so why they wouldn't check their threads?

03-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
The agent asked me if i was a tfs girl, because it's not very difficult the relation : a fan of models = tfs member... because noone cares of models (except us)!

based on my experience with models that i met, my thought is that young models read their threads, while very established models don't read it because they totally don't need to check their work on internet.

and no i didn't talk to Toni but i talked a lot with Karlie that was very lovely and i said i follow their career and congratulations..
well you could be a bellazon girl
I wouldn't say established models don't read because Coco Rocha & Natasha etc are very established topmodels and they read, but maybe not so much as others models that aren't as big as they are, a sure thing is that the work they do is for so famous HF brands that's very easy for they do get it, you know what I mean?

You talked to Karlie and what did she tell you?

Last edited by Filipe; 03-06-2009 at 11:46 AM.
03-06-2009
Alluring

Oh, I didn't know that Natasha reads too! Good to know

03-06-2009
V.I.P.

^I think someone long time ago don't know if on this or her thread said that she reads.

03-06-2009
fashion icon

I would read it. And sure some do it

V.I.P.

some? belive me every model does. Even most agents check out their model's thread. It might sound ridiculous but tfs is the best source for scans, runway stuff and most agencies make use of it.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 07-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.
07-09-2009
V.I.P.

This Finnish model Mia Frilander reads her thread and she said in a interview that she was crushed when someone said there that they hated her walk.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forum, models, read, threads