How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2011
backstage pass

I sense that Anja is not positive about her popularity and about that her thread is quickly updated and frequently visited. Isnt she aware that tFS plays a role in her success too, with free, enthusiastic, restless marketing ? Are "scary" and "crazy" how she thinks of her fans ?

04-01-2011
V.I.P.

Lol, it must be kinda scary when you realize a lot of people you don't know is aware of something that was meant to be intimate and private.

04-01-2011
fashion elite

yeh, it's scary when you know some people sneek into your life and steel your secret novel and spell it out loud.

04-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
I sense that Anja is not positive about her popularity and about that her thread is quickly updated and frequently visited. Isnt she aware that tFS plays a role in her success too, with free, enthusiastic, restless marketing ? Are "scary" and "crazy" how she thinks of her fans ?
I don't think that's how she meant it. I didn't get a sense of mockery or insult in her tone, it was more the fact that she was just shocked people are able to get all that stuff so early - pictures, campaigns, etc. And she's not the only one who's said that she comes here for pictures, everyone's always amazed at how quick and comprehensive we are with models' portfolios.

As for saying that it's scary that tFS knows she's engaged, that's understandable. It must have been a private, low key event that she didn't intend to make public and yet people here somehow knew of it. And again she's not saying that members are scary just the fact that her personal information leaks out.

V.I.P.

^I understood it that way as well. I think Anja, as many models especially Freja, would have a right to be creeped out and I also think it is wise to just go there for images because let's face it the rest of the posts are either pointless, repetitions, compliments or critics that will not bring her any further.

I advise younger girls, no actually models of any age who are unsure about what they do to not read it carefully. There are mean things in almost every thread and it's just not fair to go to the thread of some model just to say you don't like her. You can say that you don't like a particular picture but then more important is to explain why. You can't just come there and say "she's ugly" as if it was common knowledge. I find many comments in the threads for male models gross because it's basically "I would do him" and things like that, I don't know how I would feel if someone was talking like that about me, or worse, someone of my family. It's plain vulgar and creepy.

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

Indeed, male models threads can be particularly creepy.

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

Rasa Zukauskaite and Theres Alexandersson definitely read their threads (:

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria View Post
Rasa Zukauskaite and Theres Alexandersson definitely read their threads (:
haha yeah , she does !

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
Are "scary" and "crazy" how she thinks of her fans ?
The fact is that most of the model threads are crazy and scary.

If I get creeped out sometimes I can only imagine how they feel. Like Marcel said, especially Freja, with all the speculations about whether she's dating every person she's pictured with or the "I'm in love with her", "be my wife", "let me tell you about a dream last night..." posts. I will never get why people feel the need to say things like that...

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

Barbara Palvin does, according her twitter.
i think Enikő Mihalik also reads it, once she posted a comment about some personal pic

05-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBGD View Post

If I get creeped out sometimes I can only imagine how they feel. Like Marcel said, especially Freja, with all the speculations about whether she's dating every person she's pictured with or the "I'm in love with her", "be my wife", "let me tell you about a dream last night..." posts. I will never get why people feel the need to say things like that...
It's a mad house, that thread.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festat View Post
Indeed, male models threads can be particularly creepy.
... Nicolas Ripoll's. That one is full of creepy comments.

05-01-2011
fashion elite

All i know for sure is that Frida and Jac do read their threads, by the way, Does anybody knows if VLADA read her thread ??

05-01-2011
fashion elite

if she reads, I think she's probably freaking out right now.

05-01-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBGD View Post

Don't forget the always popular "I'd go gay for her" comment. But seriously, I don't understand why people feel the need to say such things either. Maybe they think it will sound complimentary, when instead it comes off as a bit creepy. For many models' sake, I hope they don't read their threads lest they think tFS is full of crazies, which of course it's not.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
forum, models, read, threads