How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-09-2009
User Friendly

Those are always strange, but great for Kristy anyway, she is a beauty and deserves the attention!

What happened with Hannah Holman though? Marc Jacobs, then Marc by Marc Jacobs. I would have said exclusive, but she walked then for Philosophy (casted by Marsh).

18-09-2009
backstage pass

^ She isn't exactly fit for runway when you compare her to other girls.

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

Tbh, none of the exclusives this season are particularly striking to me Especially at Calvin! I'm happy for Gloria though. Would've liked to see her at more shows but I think she just fits so well to Rad and opening + closing his show defenitely should make her even more interesting to other clients.

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

Last season's Calvin Klein exclusives didn't do so well in Europe I don't know this year, but I hope Sona and Natasia does well We'll see Maybe Hannah booked sem-exclusive? Marc Jacobs was her 1st show

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
What happened with Hannah Holman though? Marc Jacobs, then Marc by Marc Jacobs. I would have said exclusive, but she walked then for Philosophy (casted by Marsh).
Wonder if she was semi-exclusive? But if she was I'd imagine Pulse or Elite would've said something by now.

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanvinray View Post
Last season's Calvin Klein exclusives didn't do so well in Europe
Louise would've done well in Europe... if she had been there! She had offers from Gucci and Jil Sander.

Damn school

Last edited by *Bianca*; 19-09-2009 at 08:35 AM.

19-09-2009
V.I.P.

^Yeah! Gucci would've been her breakthrough as it rarely gives exclusives I hope she surfaces in Europe this time around.

20-09-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
Louise would've done well in Europe... if she had been there! She had offers from Gucci and Jil Sander.

Damn school
I dont think this is the case. If she would get Sander or Gucci i am pretty sure she would do the show no matter the school.

20-09-2009
V.I.P.

Yeah you would think.

She said in a local interview she turned them down because she couldn't miss school. Wether or not it's true I don't know, but if school wasn't an issue then why else did she miss Milan and Paris - cities she actually had agencies with - and the chance to build on the momentum the CK exclusive gave her? Her father was also quoted as saying that basically school comes first.

20-09-2009
User Friendly

Well then good for her I guess, but if her family is unwilling to let her off a couple of days of school for one major show, then i don't see how she can really have much of a career until she turns 18.

20-09-2009
fashion elite

To give up on a big modelling job because you may miss school is a bad decision, an education is something that is always available but the oppurtunity to have a great modelling career is rare.

20-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
Well then good for her I guess, but if her family is unwilling to let her off a couple of days of school for one major show, then i don't see how she can really have much of a career until she turns 18.
It could be the actual school not allowing her as well, I guess.

20-09-2009
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
Yeah you would think.

She said in a local interview she turned them down because she couldn't miss school. Wether or not it's true I don't know, but if school wasn't an issue then why else did she miss Milan and Paris - cities she actually had agencies with - and the chance to build on the momentum the CK exclusive gave her? Her father was also quoted as saying that basically school comes first.
I think she would've had to do castings, callbacks, fittings, fittings and fittings first. So I don't believe the jobs were already in the pocket if she never went to Milan. And what Charlotte said is very true I guess...

20-09-2009
V.I.P.

I know. She said offers, but that doesn't mean anything was confirmed. (The way I expressed it probably sounded that way though.)

She had already taken a week off for Calvin, so another week here or there would've definitely added up for just one month.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 20-09-2009 at 12:51 PM.

20-09-2009
User Friendly

I thought she was flown in for Calvin like the day before? I remember a news article saying how she was worried she wouldn't make it in time for the show (or am I just imagining things), if she took a whole week off was she just sightseeing?

Well Heather Marks I remember was lucky because she was saying she attended a HS for world class athletes or something like that, and they were very flexible with students. I know in my high school people would take weeks off for vacation to fly to their home countries and what not, I think most likely its just Louise parents want to secure her future through school, which is smart I guess.. since if Louise is lucky she could probably be a top model for what? 2-3 years.. if she is lucky.

+ if she had Jil Sander and Gucci, the flight from Belgium to Milan is much more favorable :-b

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exclusives