How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2010

^Some of the exclusives were "semi" (e.g. they couldn't do shows before Prada), but it should be Eileen Hydorn, Hannah Noble, Irina Berezina, Lynn Amelie Rage, Pauline Van der Cruysse, Tali Lennox, and Zuzanna Bijoch.

24-09-2010
fashion elite

^
Arizona Muse (O)(C)
Eileen Hydorn
Hannah Noble
Irina Berezina
Lynn Amelie Rage
Pauline Van Der Cruysse
Tali Lennox
Zuzanna Bijoch

Anouck Lepere, Diana Dondoe & Marija Vujovic were seasoned exclusives.

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

I'm not sure if Anouck, Diana & Marija were "real" exclusives. More of special requests, no?

24-09-2010
trendsetter

o...i thought Pauline did some milan shows before prada b
ut apparently not kek

ty you both

V.I.P.

Julia Saner's agent says she was a Gucci semi-exclusive.

24-09-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
I'm not sure if Anouck, Diana & Marija were "real" exclusives. More of special requests, no?
Well, I suppose Marija Vujovic would qualify as a semi-"special request".

24-09-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
^Some of the exclusives were "semi" (e.g. they couldn't do shows before Prada), but it should be Eileen Hydorn, Hannah Noble, Irina Berezina, Lynn Amelie Rage, Pauline Van der Cruysse, Tali Lennox, and Zuzanna Bijoch.
I think these "semi" exclusives are pretty ridiculous, especially if the show takes place in the beginning of the week. The only major shows before Prada this season was Gucci and Fendi, and to a lesser extent D&G and Alberta Ferretti.

I remember (Sheila Marquez possibly?) was said to have a sem-exclusive for Balenciaga in Paris, and Balenciaga was like on the morning of the second day.

24-09-2010
tfs star

Can you imagine a Prada semi-exclusive???? if an exclusive is ruining a lot of those girls career i can't imagine what a semi would do to them...hahaha.

V.I.P.

I thought most Prada exclusives in recent seasons were semi- unless they were being kept off the market for Miu Miu? I recall, perhaps incorrectly, Prada exclusives walking in shows after Prada, unless the reports of who were exclusives were incorrect.

24-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
What about a Calvin Klein exclusive? Does it ensure a model being big? I know it has launched the careers of Natalia Vodianova, Ali Stephens, Karlie Kloss, Kate Moss and Toni Garrn. I'm pretty sure Ann Kenny is a CK exclusive this season. Who are the other exclusives that made it big?
Did all these models get their starts as runway exclusives, specifically the older ones like Natalia and Kate? Although I do agree that, exclusive or not, Calvin Klein definitely put Kate Moss on the map and kicked Natalia's career up several notches.

I think for some exclusives, you have to look at the intent behind them. For this season's Calvin Klein show, the exclusives were casts because they are Lara Stone look-alikes and hair color was a factor in Prada's casting, these are not factors to hang your hat on when it comes to identifying the next generation of star models. Now Daphne Groeneveld is one to watch, but she was on the watch list before being named a CK exclusive, so I would not credit Calvin Klein with discovering her or bringing her to the attention to the fashion hoi polloi.

24-09-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Did all these models get their starts as runway exclusives, specifically the older ones like Natalia and Kate? Although I do agree that, exclusive or not, Calvin Klein definitely put Kate Moss on the map and kicked Natalia's career up several notches.

I think for some exclusives, you have to look at the intent behind them. For this season's Calvin Klein show, the exclusives were casts because they are Lara Stone look-alikes and hair color was a factor in Prada's casting, these are not factors to hang your hat on when it comes to identifying the next generation of star models. Now Daphne Groeneveld is one to watch, but she was on the watch list before being named a CK exclusive, so I would not credit Calvin Klein with discovering her or bringing her to the attention to the fashion hoi polloi.
natalia started doing small shows her first season, before her "calvin klein moment" she did several shows and she was the face of gucci, philosophy, miss sixty, etc. If i am not wrong she became a ck exclusive in 2004 and and her career as a model began in 2000. I don't know about kate.
Sorry for my english

I agree about daphne

Last edited by Kallu; 24-09-2010 at 07:29 PM.
02-10-2010
V.I.P.

Natalia Vodianova began during S/S 2001 season if I'm not wrong (Atsuro Tayama, Rocco Barocco Giles Rosier etc), from F/W 2001.02 to F/W 2003.04 she had her major shows period and from S/S 2004 to F/W 2007.08 she was only exclusive at Calvin Klein (except for F/W 2004.05: she walked also for Yves Saint Laurent and The Heart Truth).
After that period she usually does few big shows.
Btw even Mariacarla was exculsive at Prada S/S 2011 no? And what about Marina Perez? She did only Prada and Marni in Milan..
Erin Wasson & Laetitia Casta could be considered exclusives at Roberto Cavalli S/S 2011?
And Coco Rocha? I know they're all estabilished top models, but what's the difference between an exclusive and a special request? Exclusive is only for younger models that have to get launched and for big, a special request is only for big models and the designers personally choose their favourites? Thanks!!

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 02-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.
02-10-2010
V.I.P.

Just because a model only walks one show doesn't mean that they are exclusives. I think Erin and Laeticia were more of special requests. The other casting directors didn't think of booking them because they had no showcards and Cavalli probably requested them anyway and they did his show. Probably got payed very well, better than the Prada exclusives I think.

Marina maybe only did the Prada and Marni casting because she's loyal to the brand and didn't want to do a lot of shows since she's not that established that Prada would special request her.

02-10-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee
Now Daphne Groeneveld is one to watch, but she was on the watch list before being named a CK exclusive, so I would not credit Calvin Klein with discovering her or bringing her to the attention to the fashion hoi polloi.
Lately some of Calvin Klein's exclusives have been in their sophomore season/first NY season - Ali Stephens, Anna Selezneva, Daphne G.

Interestingly, Daphne was supposed to be a Prada exclusive last season but was cut from the show very last minute. She obviously left a positive impression that led to the Miu Miu campaign - which really put her on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertNoir
I know they're all estabilished top models, but what's the difference between an exclusive and a special request? Exclusive is only for younger models that have to get launched and for big, a special request is only for big models and the designers personally choose their favourites? Thanks!!
Well Laetitia and Erin weren't going to do a full week of shows in the first place... and that's what makes it a special request as opposed to an exclusive.

Girls who are exclusive, are paid to cover what they would have gained had they - as previously intended - walked a full week of shows.

I'm not sure about Mariacarla or Marina.... I guess it depends on if they were already going to do Milan fashion week or not...

Last edited by *Bianca*; 02-10-2010 at 09:58 AM.
02-10-2010
V.I.P.

Thanks to everyone for the answers!!!!!!!!!!
Btw I have found this article about Natalia & Laetitia..

Natalia Vodianova & Laetitia Casta Paid Pretty Sum To Model For Cavalli

Not only were there big names in the front row at Roberto Cavalli Spring/Summer 2011, there were some veteran models on the runway. Natalia Vodianova was tapped to open the 40th anniversary show in Milan on Monday and WWD reports she was paid "50,000-70,000 euros ($67,000-$94,000) for both her walk down the runway in Milan and her attendance at the designer's Paris bash next month -- an event rumored to cost over 1.5 million euros ($2 million).

huffingtonpost.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exclusives