How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

The word is that Tara Gill was a Fendi executive. Can anyone confirm this?

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

^^ According to Modelwerk, Charlotte Nolting was exclusive as well. But she appeared at Blugirl today morning... Maybe it was a last minute confirmation or sth like that?

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think there were any proper exclusives this time, as in 'Milan' exclusives.

24-02-2011
backstage pass

All payment in the modeling industry takes 30-90 days, sometimes longer. Fashion isn't the most prompt when it comes to payment, of any kind, in any sector of the industry..

26-02-2011
fashion elite

Does anyone know if Rosemary Smith was a Fendi exclusive? She didn't show up in New York or London, suddenly walked for Fendi and hasn't done any shows since.

26-02-2011
starving hysterical naked

^ Well I'm taking a wild guess here but Karmen Pedaru was supposed to walk the show (she was photographed backstage with her hair and make-up done) but eventually didn't because she got sick. It seems likely that they needed a model to round out the two outfits that were originally ascribed to Karmen therefore they turned to Rosemary. I couldn't make up any explanation as to why they chose her over another model though...but take this with a grain of salt, as I've said I'm just assuming.

26-02-2011
fashion elite

^ her appearence wasn't accidental I guess.

Quote:
Tuesday's David Jones show felt the same, but different, to previous years' events. There was no Mark McInnes, Colette Garnsey, Miranda Kerr or even sass & bide. With the exception of relatively recent fashion ambassador addition Kerr, all had been front-and-centre at the show for almost a decade, laying the foundations for the "house of brands" into which the department store subsequently evolved. Taking their places and for a variety of different reasons - which ranged from scandal and resignations, pregnancy and defection, all in the space of eight months - was a new management team (albeit one promoted from within) and a swag of new labels, the absolute standout of which on the night just had to be Josh Goot and his colourblocked bodycon dresses and tulip skirts and tops with wildly expressionistic graphics. Not forgetting some highly polished Australian modelling talent, that included girls who have walked for some of the world's biggest fashion brands: Nicole Trunfio, Alexandra Agoston, Myf Shepherd, Stephanie Carta, Tiah Eckhardt and Christina Carey. And some newcomers who may soon follow them. Think Rosemary Smith (above, in Josh Goot), who is off to the European shows with at least one big name in her appointment book. Click (here) for frockwriter's Posterous pic gallery of backstage shots taken before and during the show.
frockwriter

26-02-2011

^I think Rosemary already walked said show (Fendi)

26-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
She was optioned for another big show, but Rosemary Smith pulled off the next best thing in Milan overnight: Fendi, alongside some of the biggest runway names in the business.
frockwriter

So I assume just because she was optioned for another big show that she wasn't an exclusive. I wonder why she hasn't shown up anywhere else then.

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Fendi normally doesn't have exclusives, so I'm guessing she just didn't get booked for other shows?

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

My guess is that Rosemary was probably optioned for another designer, Prada perhaps, which is not a guarantee that she would walk, and then when that option fell through she was surprisingly and luckily able to book blue-chip Fendi "overnight." It still makes sense that she would not walk a lot of shows because she and her agent probably did not start hustling until they knew that the option fell through.

Last edited by agee; 26-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.
26-02-2011
V.I.P.

Who are the Jil Sander exclusives?

26-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
My guess is that Rosemary was probably optioned for another designer, Prada perhaps, which is not a guarantee that she would walk, and then when that option fell through she was surprisingly and luckily able to book blue-chip Fendi "overnight." It still makes sense that she would not walk a lot of shows because she and her agent probably did not start hustling until they knew that the option fell through.
you are right, Prada was it.

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

Is Xiao Wen Ju a Prada exclusive?

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Marcélia Freesz - Exclusive Roberto Cavalli - Milan

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exclusives