How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
It also turns out Vanessa is not a Prada exclusive, she decided to skip Milan and go straight to Paris, the only reason I can think why she would do this is because she is an exclusive or semi-exclusive in Paris, can't think of which house, maybe Balenciaga considering Wang is now at the helm and he had her as semi-exclusive for his show in New York.
how can vanessa be a Wang exclusive? she did so many shows in NY. i think wang was just her first show in ny as it is for many girls. they just don't start on Bcbg or richard chai but that is not exclusive. i thought afterr she wasn't at prada she would be at jil, but maybe she did not do milan at all??

prada exclusives looked like elise, jessica brown, joanna t, amanda murphy, kirstin, juliane, irene H plus all the special ones like iselin, kirsten owen and maria carla. not sure if irene h was a exclusive since she has done shows in paris etc before. maybe a special request to? how do you know what is special request and exclusive?

23-02-2013
trendsetter

^ I think DNA (her agency) confirmed she was an Alexander Wang semi-exclusive, right?
I do not think do shows in Paris the previous season mean Irene can not to be an exclusive! Kirstin, Juliane and the opener also did shows last seasons!
Edit: Kirstin was not an exclusive, she just closed Jill!! Juliane was there too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Kallu; 23-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

Semi-exclusives at Wang is pointless, because it's the first real A-list show in New York. Half the cast was "semi-exclusive" then ..

23-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallu View Post
^ I think DNA (her agency) confirmed she was an Alexander Wang semi-exclusive, right?
I do not think do shows in Paris the previous season mean Irene can not to be an exclusive! Kirstin, Juliane and the opener also did shows last seasons!
Edit: Kirstin was not an exclusive, she just closed Jill!! Juliane was there too.
Posted via Mobile Device
by definition, "semi" exclusive means 1/2 exclusive. vanessa did over 8 shows in ny so she cannot be semi-exclu even if that is what her agency stated.

juliane and kirstin must be Semi exclusives for milan since they did prada and jil only.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
by definition, "semi" exclusive means 1/2 exclusive. vanessa did over 8 shows in ny so she cannot be semi-exclu even if that is what her agency stated.
But semi-exclusive means debuting on that show in that city. Vanessa debuted in NY at Wang, so she was indeed a semi-exclusive.

23-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gábor View Post
Shu Pei was probably a fit model, like Anna Selezneva a few seasons ago, or like Amanda Laine for Pucci.
I doubt, she has a maybelline contract. remember?

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

A beauty contract has nothing to do with being a (runway) exclusive in Milan.

23-02-2013
fashion elite

no, I mean being a fit model to a brand with a beauty contract of another.

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

That's not impossible either.

23-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
But semi-exclusive means debuting on that show in that city. Vanessa debuted in NY at Wang, so she was indeed a semi-exclusive.
you're right...DNA confirmed she was semi-exclusive which i think also include her work with Wang on her look, it's not like typical fittings..i presume she's balenciaga exclusive also, i hope!!!

23-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashunviktim View Post
maybe a special request to? how do you know what is special request and exclusive?
It usually says Special Request on their showcard. I guess they don't go to casting, but instead the brand contacts the agency for the girl. Adriana's, when she has one, says it. I am guessing she was exclusive for Prada too? I don't know how that works.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostadinka View Post
you're right...DNA confirmed she was semi-exclusive which i think also include her work with Wang on her look, it's not like typical fittings..i presume she's balenciaga exclusive also, i hope!!!
Huh? Not like a typical fitting? Hows that?
Again "semi" means 'half', people. She was not semi exclusive if she did a full ny season and just started off with wang. That's just an agent decision to begin with a good show.

I think it should be clear here what a semi exclusive is. They are all very different things than a girl just debuting at a show in ny - The first city for shows. By default, bcbg, Richard chai, rag and bone and wang get to claim credit for debut the new girls!!! I've done semi exclusive with my models and its much more serious than debuting at a show early in a season.

23-02-2013
trendsetter

^ you really need to read page #1 to understand what we all have been trying to explain to you about "semi-exclusives". This is getting really annoying.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-02-2013
front row

I feel like we're being trolled

24-02-2013
front row

Was Stam a Prada exclusive for Milan?

Last edited by stamonopkaward; 24-02-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exclusives