How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
I don't see the point of a mid-week exclusive? It defeats the entire purpose of being an exclusive if you've done shows before.
Agree, I also don't like semi-exclusives.

I remember when MDC said Sheila Marquez was on a Balenciaga semi-exclusive in Paris her 1st season. Considering that Balenciaga is usually one of the first major show, the only other major shows she would've missed was Balmain and Dior.

21-02-2009
User Friendly

I think Janete Friedrich was an exclusive no? I know Rad Hourani has done exclusives before

Rad Hourani F/W 2009 NYC

welomodels.com via Vini

21-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontenrose View Post
And their opening and closing girl was not exclusive. Trying to save money?
Last season they had Anya open and Diana close and they weren't exclusives that season.

22-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
I think Janete Friedrich was an exclusive no? I know Rad Hourani has done exclusives before

Rad Hourani F/W 2009 NYC

welomodels.com via Vini
Yes she was Rad Hourani exclusive

22-02-2009
V.I.P.

How do girls usually get an exclusive? Do designers/casting directors contact the agencies if they really like a particular girl they have or do agencies send pictures of their new faces to designers/casting people because they feel like their girl fits their aesthetic? Im curious about the whole process.

22-02-2009
V.I.P.

I think the cards go out and then the client calls and list who they would like to see. If an agency has a really new girl that they think is going to make it big,they contact the 'big name' clients first to let them have first pick. Sometimes a few top new girls are put on hold to see how in demand they are and are told at the last minute,(after the client has seen the lot of them)that they have an exclusive. The client supposedly pays big bucks for the exclusive as well as covers any fees that a model may have lost by being an exclusive......all of this is not set in stone and some of it may be wrong....if so,I'm open to corrections.

22-02-2009
V.I.P.

Meanwhile I know she was listed as a mid week exclusive for Calvin....but I didn't know this....

NY mag.com
Lyndsey Scott: First Black Model to Score Calvin Exclusive

Lyndsey Scott at Calvin Klein.Photo: Imaxtree

Last night's Calvin Klein opener and closer, Monika Jagaciak, isn't the only model who can now bask in the label's immaculate light. Lyndsey Scott became the first model of color to score an exclusive with the brand that's usually known for a white-and-whiter runway cast. Just to put it in perspective: Scoring an exclusive for Calvin is like being picked Model MVP — it immediately launches your career and elevates your status. Just look at the stats: Previous openers include Anna Selezneva, Toni Garrn, Ali Stephens, Natalia Vodianova, and Jessica Miller, all of whom went on to successful runway careers. It makes us wish that it was Lyndsey who scored the opening and closing slots, instead of being tenth in line. But there's always next season for that.

Last edited by model_mom; 22-02-2009 at 03:39 PM.
22-02-2009
V.I.P.

is Valentina a Ralph Lauren exclusive
forever?

23-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom View Post
I think the cards go out and then the client calls and list who they would like to see. If an agency has a really new girl that they think is going to make it big,they contact the 'big name' clients first to let them have first pick. Sometimes a few top new girls are put on hold to see how in demand they are and are told at the last minute,(after the client has seen the lot of them)that they have an exclusive. The client supposedly pays big bucks for the exclusive as well as covers any fees that a model may have lost by being an exclusive......all of this is not set in stone and some of it may be wrong....if so,I'm open to corrections.

Interesting! Thanks

28-02-2009
V.I.P.

Is Burberry doing exclusives too?

28-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ Not sure if they have done it this season but i read that Eden Clark was at one point a worldwide exclusive to Burberry.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
JIL SANDER S/S 09 Milan

Unknown. I'm assuming she was their exclusive, although it is quite odd we never heard anything about her. Not even a name. The curse just got worse
style.com
Found her name, it's Ekaterina Petkova. She was in this season's show as well. I wonder why they cast her? She seems so random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
Could you elaborate ?
If you look back at the list of Jil Sander exclusives, which is somewhere in this thread, you can see that the girls don't have much success compared to CK and Prada exclusives. So basically the 'curse' has been if you're a Jil Sander exclusive your career is doomed :p

But, as others have noted, exclusives don't mean as much as they used to, so even CK and Prada exclusives aren't guaranteed success these days.

02-03-2009
V.I.P.

^thanks for explaining

V.I.P.

JIL SANDER F/W 2009 Milan

Odelia Hoholko (Closed)

Kelvin Konoplyasova

Toma Barkova (Mid-week - she did one minor show on the first day of Milan, with her Jil exclusive confirmed by her mother agency)

style

I think that was it.
Unless Ekaterina Petkova was an exclusive again this season?

Last edited by *Bianca*; 04-03-2009 at 09:50 AM.
04-03-2009
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

^ She's probably an exclusive. Never seen her anywhere besides Jil Sander

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exclusives