How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2013
V.I.P.

The Face - se 01, ep 03
43:37 - MP4 format

click on image to stream video from GorillaVid (hint: on Firefox with AdBlock you can bypass most of the ads)

ShareRepo Stream & Download (choose "Free Download") - CLICK!

*video best played on VLC Media Player*

27-02-2013
front row

This show is great! I'm upset to hear about the "low" raitings, i hope they pick up because it is great to see the personalities of my favorite models come to life...Naomi brings it, Karolina is adorable, and I'm falling in love with Coco

27-02-2013
fashion elite

Sandra belongs on ANTM. Bottom line. I still cannot believe Naomi picked her, let alone puts up with her behavior! She is so basic looking and with that attitude I cannot see her ever getting work.

Also, I live for Naomi on this show. Whenever she bitches someone out it's like an angel sings to me.

27-02-2013
scenester

Naomi is amazing on this show. I hope the ratings pick up because I need for there to be more than one season of this. Her listening to the sob stories and then saying she doesn't care because no one wanted her story for the September Vogue issue was awesome!

Overall you can tell the coaches live and breathe fashion in a way that you never saw from Tyra in ANTM.

27-02-2013
V.I.P.

I absolutely love all the eliminations so far. They're all deserving. Hoping for a Margaux, Madeleine and Zi Lin final three.

27-02-2013
V.I.P.

The show is on a small network. So if they're expecting its ratings to match more established shows on more established networks (ie, ANTM on W, they essentially set it up for failure. It simply won't happen on a network like Oxygen. I would have loved to have seen this show paired with a network like Bravo or even VH1 instead.

27-02-2013
tfs star

Every episode, I'm falling more and more in love with the show! The judges are so immersed in fashion and truly care about their girls.

I love how realistic Naomi is too. "No one cares about your life story" haha I need another season of this bitchiness!

So far I have agreed with all the eliminations too.

27-02-2013
backstage pass

They've started to show episodes a few days after they've premiered on Much Music in Canada. I see commercials for it all the time. I mean it has to be popular enough for channels to be airing it while it's still running I think?

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

pretty much love this show.

can someone get a still of devyn with a glass against the wall eavesdropping... so hilarious

I still don't have a great handle on all the girls personalities abilities etc but I see potential in most of them. Very few are naturally gorgeous but hey I guess its more about being a great canvas that can morph.

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

That's the beauty of the show - in ANTM's you saw all the (ugly) personalities of the girls because they're put in awkward situations to bring out anger and frustration. It wasn't a modeling contest at all, it was reality TV fodder. Here, you only have people like Sandra acting all ghetto so you know her personality. But the rest are just aloof, quiet and spending their days preparing for the next challenge, which doesn't involve gimmicky stuff that set up girls for failure (like walking on a runway with swinging pendulums). They let their work speak for themselves, which is what a model should do.

28-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
That's the beauty of the show - in ANTM's you saw all the (ugly) personalities of the girls because they're put in awkward situations to bring out anger and frustration. It wasn't a modeling contest at all, it was reality TV fodder. Here, you only have people like Sandra acting all ghetto so you know her personality. But the rest are just aloof, quiet and spending their days preparing for the next challenge, which doesn't involve gimmicky stuff that set up girls for failure (like walking on a runway with swinging pendulums). They let their work speak for themselves, which is what a model should do.
This is definitely true. On ANTM, it didn't seem like Tyra really cared about mentoring and teaching the girls as much as talk about herself, her career, what she can do and make modeling seem like it's super hard. It's more obvious that KK, Coco and Naomi are focused on fine tuning skills that anyone can have but make it more receptive for the modeling industry.
I also like that the show is a competition between KK, Coco and Naomi just as much as the aspiring models.

28-02-2013
rising star

These girls seem a lot more experienced than the ANTM ones too.

28-02-2013
tfs star

because it is on oxygen here in the us, i'm not surprised to see low ratings. but for a show on a cable network, it seems to fare pretty well, hopefully enough to get a second season.

this show has really grown on me. with the exception of sandra, i like the rest of the remaining girls, but i think madeleine, margaux, and zi lin have the best potential.

tfs star

Is it really doing bad on Oxygen?

Based on Wikipedia's info, it's averaging about 500k viewers.

The Glee Project gets around the same viewers as well. Bad Girls Club gets about 1.5 million, but that is Oxygen's top show. Not sure about other shows on Oxygen though..

Naomi is a goddess! Really hope there is a season 2!

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
Also, I live for Naomi on this show. Whenever she bitches someone out it's like an angel sings to me.
So true! I loved her comment about how she was not selected to be on the cover of US Vogue's September issue by bitching about her life to Anna Wintour. Thank you, Naomi, for smacking down the sob stories!

I preferred Ebony so I am glad she stayed.

Zi Lin and Margaux are goddesses. I am going to need them to be in the final two. I'm guess most of the votes for Naomi's team were for Zi Lin. She killed that runway show.

I quite like Devyn's look, but she was so petty about loosing the challenge.

Sandra is the only one, to me, that looked out of place at the runway show. Her face is too hard for such luxury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
The show is on a small network. So if they're expecting its ratings to match more established shows on more established networks (ie, ANTM on W, they essentially set it up for failure. It simply won't happen on a network like Oxygen. I would have loved to have seen this show paired with a network like Bravo or even VH1 instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Is it really doing bad on Oxygen?

Based on Wikipedia's info, it's averaging about 500k viewers.

The Glee Project gets around the same viewers as well. Bad Girls Club gets about 1.5 million, but that is Oxygen's top show. Not sure about other shows on Oxygen though..
No, it is not doing badly.
Quote:
As part of a roadblock strategy to increase exposure to the premiere, the episode aired simultaneously on sister NBCUniversal networks Bravo and Style. The Face averaged 422,000 viewers on Bravo and 62,000 viewers on Style, bringing its three-network total to 999,000.

Compared to the network's last high-profile launch, The Glee Project, The Face actually fared better than the 465,000 viewers who watched that series' premiere in June 2011. Glee Project went on to improve throughout its first season.

But compared to its 8 p.m. Bad Girls Club lead-in on Oxygen, The Face retained just 44% of total viewers. In the network's core demo of women 18-34, the episode retained 43% of the audience. BGC spinoff Love Games, which previously launched in the timeslot in 2010, retained 52% of that lead-in. The premiere went up against the State of the Union address but no original competition on broadcast.
broadcastingcable.com/article/491862-Oxygen_s_The_Face_Stumbles_in_Premiere.php

Last edited by dpbenson; 01-03-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi