How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2013
tfs star

I've become obsessed with this show. They better give us a second season.

02-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelaid View Post
Also, I live for Naomi on this show. Whenever she bitches someone out it's like an angel sings to me.
I agree SFM. I hope I get more of this show. Its already so much better than ANTM. It just has the right amount of bitchiness and modeling. I actually like Naomi so much after watching this. She's telling it like it is. I like all three coaches but Naomi is just too awesome. She's definitely prepping the girls to face the cutthroat business instead of sugarcoating it all like Tyty.

At this point its not even matters to me if the girls made it as successful top model, its about the coaches helping them and competing against other coaches as well. Basically unlike ANTM, this show is more about the three coaches with their mentees, while as ANTM is about Tyty making the show about herself even though it should be more about the models.

This will be the best modelling reality show for now, unless Jennifer Hawkins don't mess up AusNTM this year.

02-03-2013
trendsetter

The 90% models in this show are ones with some experience although not famous but struggling and looking for that break.

The most beautiful girl is Zhilin Luo or Roseline Luo I've seen her in the last 4 years as a model in China. She's gorgeous and more so than Naomi, Coco or Karolina. The show's OK but it's not that much different from the forced drama you see in reality TV. What irks me is that the "coaches" act like they're high and mighty when these girls are already models and just looking for a break not to be lectured.

03-03-2013
front row

I do think there are reasons why the contestants haven't been successful yet. For example, Zi Lin could come across as too pretty which makes her less edgy as a fashion model. We can also see that the contestants are struggling in different challenges, like Stephanie doesn't know how to pose in front of the camera while Ebony, Madeleine, Jocelyn, Brittany and most of the other girls fail to impress the designer during the runway challenge. The coaches have the modelling skills, the experience and the connection that could help the girls to get into another level. If the coaches really like the girls, they could definitely introduce them to a better agency or even some great career opportunities.

03-03-2013
front row

Would somebody have the kindness to re-upload the first episodes, pretty please?

03-03-2013
trendsetter

^^ Zhilin has a language problem she's been modeling in China for many years and only took the chance to go international after she was in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant.

03-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyMeggy View Post
Would somebody have the kindness to re-upload the first episodes, pretty please?
The links should still work: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=139

04-03-2013
front row

I tried and they don't work for me but thanks anyway

04-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ They don't work as in they doesn't load, error message, you don't like the hosts?

04-03-2013
front row

^ I get an error message :/ But I seem to have found a website that uploads them weekly now! (If anyone wants the link, let me know )

04-03-2013
trendsetter

Zhilin Luo

at 53 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6xHoQqYPk

she's also throughout this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8Sss4ja98

04-03-2013
the mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by @~PinkCouture~@ View Post
^ They don't work as in they doesn't load, error message, you don't like the hosts?
The links still work for me, and thanks for posting them. I use them every week to watch each new episode. I'm in the US, though -- maybe they don't work outside of the US?

backstage pass

any links for today's episode please? thanks!!

trendsetter

^ I second that, I'd love to see the new episode

V.I.P.

So pleased Stephanie wasn't sent home. She's just adorable and can see the drive she has to continue in the competition. For someone who hasn't had experience within the modeling industry, I find her walk to be fantastic. She was the best model during the bridal show in the previous episode. I thought she should have won the movement task at the start, though. She was so composed compared to the others. Although I do think Ebony needed that push.

I must admit that I'm enjoying this tons more than Tyra's Top Model. With this, there's multiple exciting elements - Naomi Campbell in particular. Noami's so blunt, I admire that about her. I was pleased Jocelyn stood up for herself when Noami asked what was going on during another one of Sandra's outburst. Naomi does give Sandra more attention. You could see how friendly they've become.. compared to how Noami acts with the other two. Sandra is Noami's favourite from Team Noami, for sure. I cannot wait for the next episode.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi