How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^ I don't think it's bad for models who haven't made it yet, to get on a modeling TV show, whether or not the prize is just $5 it's more about the exposure. Sometimes I think the coaches are condescending, yes they lucked out in their careers and they're treating the girls especially Naomi and Coco like they've never been in front of the camera before, or walked a catwalk.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

Margaux's modeling agency photos

http://www.notiesmanagement.com/mode...p?model_id=301

13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
^ I don't think it's bad for models who haven't made it yet, to get on a modeling TV show, whether or not the prize is just $5 it's more about the exposure. Sometimes I think the coaches are condescending, yes they lucked out in their careers and they're treating the girls especially Naomi and Coco like they've never been in front of the camera before, or walked a catwalk.
It will be interesting to see how their futures fare. There's a really big stigma in the industry if a model is attached to a competition based American reality show whether it's America's Next Top Model or Project Runway. Many move on to book some modeling jobs, not really mid-high levels, generally lower type bookings that they probably could have gotten even if they didn't go on a reality show in the first place.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^ if you're in your 20s and your career is not moving forward what's there to loose anymore? it's either now or never.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

if these genuine supermodels are still working then why are they on a reality show to recruit models for a campaign? it takes two to tango so either everyone's career is embarrassed by it or no one's embarrassed by it.

13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
^ if you're in your 20s and your career is not moving forward what's there to loose anymore? it's either now or never.
Sorry, but I'd have to disagree with that. Having experienced the industry and knowing plenty of models in their 20s and 30s, there's a lot a model can gain in their 20s and even 30s. If I had to give advice to these girls prior to their decision on going on a reality show, I would have sent many of them straight off to Asia on a money contract where they would be making bank and getting pictures. Some girls would do really well in a markets like Hamburg and Cape Town too where they would be making way more dough than what they're getting off this show. And those are the markets that suit these girls and age and skill isn't a big factor there.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^ maybe they've got boyfriends and a routine now and not like 3 years ago when they probably did go overseas to build a book and get some income

13-03-2013
backstage pass

The reason for an established model to go on this show is quite simple. When you have supermodels like KK, Naomi, and Coco, going on the show is valuable exposure to supermodels and their advice and connections. Winning is just icing on the cake. I get the feeling that the girls don't care so much about winning, they just want to stay there as long as possible to build relationships with those supermodels.

Who knows, maybe those connections and friendships with supermodels could lead somewhere. Give a push to those models' careers who really needed it.

I mean, Naomi introduced her team (minus Aleksandra) to Francesco Carrozini! While Zilin has worked with him before, I doubt the others have. :p

Last edited by Shiru; 13-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.
13-03-2013
fashion elite

This twitter "beef" is just more fake melodrama to boost poor ratings. Remember when Naomi leaked that picture of herself in a wheelchair after she was "mugged" weeks before the premiere?

13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
^ maybe they've got boyfriends and a routine now and not like 3 years ago when they probably did go overseas to build a book and get some income
That doesn't really make sense to me because they're obviously away for a period of time to film this reality show! They are looking to further their career after all so they must be willing to compromise time away wherever they call home like any model.

13-03-2013
backstage pass

I can't wait until Stephanie is out. I can't stand underdogs; they're usually underdogs for a reason.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^^ thebluerider, either it's one time away to get US exposure or packing yet again to dubai or cape town or hong kong or some smaller market and sleeping on a bunk bed, choose your poison

Last edited by angel222; 13-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
^^ thebluerider, either it's one time away to get US exposure or packing yet again to dubai or cape town or hong kong or some smaller market and sleeping on a bunk bed, choose your poison
Still, I have to disagree. Hong Kong and Cape Town aren't bad markets at all and in fact, those money/secondary markets are the markets where girls are more likely to get their own room in a nice apartment complex.

Even after this show, none of these girls are going to be getting direct booked out of their hometown. Traveling is a part of modeling no matter what and no matter what level. I know high 6-7 figure models with the top agencies in new york who still regularly travel for a period of time to a secondary market.

If they move to New York, they will be sleeping on a bunk bed (unless they have money stashed to get an apartment in NYC) and most likely the agency will tell them exactly what I told you. I'm betting my money that Margaux will be going to Asia sometime in the near future.

13-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
if these genuine supermodels are still working then why are they on a reality show to recruit models for a campaign? it takes two to tango so either everyone's career is embarrassed by it or no one's embarrassed by it.
You can't be serious with this comment. Each one of them STILL gets exceptional blue-chip work. I think they are doing this to brand themselves to the public to earn more $$$.

I'm glad they let Sandra go. She was becoming just too much and very unprofessional.

rising star

I love Naomi as a model but she's just so... obnoxious tbh. And i love how she criticised Sandra on being unprofessional (which is true) yet she burst out laughing at the end of her commercial. Not to mention her usual tantrums that everyone is familir with at this point, etc

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi