How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

The Face - se 01, ep 05
43:34 - MP4 format

click on image to stream video from GorillaVid (hint: on Firefox with AdBlock you can bypass most of the ads)

Download/Stream from ShareRepo (CLICK!)

*video best played on VLC Media Player*

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
if these genuine supermodels are still working then why are they on a reality show to recruit models for a campaign? it takes two to tango so either everyone's career is embarrassed by it or no one's embarrassed by it.
Do you not follow any of their careers each of the judges have booked enough campaigns, runways, and editorials to last them a lifetime but to be a model it's more than just high fashion. All of these girls are more than a face on catwalk each one is a unique brand which is part of the point of this show to use their brand and teach these girls how to better themselves as models.

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

having just watched Episode 5, i have to say that -- whilst I respect Naomi immensely for her career achievements, i really don't think she comes across very well on this show. the way she was speaking to KK at the end of the episode was incredibly disrespectful and immature. for all her preaching about "getting a thicker skin" and "controlling your emotions" and not "taking things so personally" she seems to be unable to do any of those things. KK was measured, calm and respectful when talking with Naomi and she didn't deserve that kind of explosive diva temper tantrum.

i think that perhaps Naomi should take a quick look in the mirror and ask herself -- "why has my team been miserable this entire competition?". the negative energy is coming from her just as much as it's coming from any of her girls.

I'm glad to see Sandra go. she was just way too unprofessional to ever actually get work in this industry. I'd like to see Jocelyn go next, because she's stiff as a board and she has the most insufferably obnoxious personality. Zhilin is a doll. She's beautiful and lovely and charming and i'd like to see her in the finals.

Stephanie, again, is really gaining traction. she's got such a great personality and there's something about her face that's just different. she's full of life!

Team KK deserved to win the campaign this week. both Ebony and Devyn are beautiful, confident personalities. they have great chemistry with one another and though they're competitive, they don't let it get the best of them and don't let it poison their relationship. Ebony has the most beautiful smile!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Do you not follow any of their careers each of the judges have booked enough campaigns, runways, and editorials to last them a lifetime but to be a model it's more than just high fashion. All of these girls are more than a face on catwalk each one is a unique brand which is part of the point of this show to use their brand and teach these girls how to better themselves as models.
Trevofashionisto said it well.

It should be understood (and it's quite obvious) that the incentive for the judges appearing on this show is different from the contestants. Karolina, Coco and Naomi are the ones who have nothing to lose by appearing on this show. In fact, the true winner out of this show is Coco. More people will know about Coco about this show as that amazing model who can do 100 poses in 1 minute.
Naomi can throw a cell phone at her assistant, appear in court for the blood diamond scandals and do many other dramatic things and she will still be booking top notch jobs. Karolina can get criticized by the tabloids but she's still going to be a supermodel. Same with Coco. This is because they already booked Vogue covers, they already did it all.

The difference with the contestants is that with a reality show, there's a very strong possibility to shoot themselves in the foot. As Naomi would say, mark my word for it, Sandra, Christy and Brittany have already shot their careers in the foot. Everyone knows reality shows are edited to make the contestants seem like something they're not. After the show, people will remember however they were portrayed on the show and emphasize their weak points.
If I ever met Jocelyn at a casting, I would think "oh, wasn't she on The Face? wasn't she that arrogant girl?" As opposed to if Jocelyn was never on the show, I would look at her as an open canvas without any bias or presumptions about her personality. Same with Devyn as a "sore loser"..
Because you know, people in the industry do that with the girl who were on ANTM and Project Runway.. "it's that crazy religious girl from antm"...."that's the girl who fought with Jessica Alba on Project Runway." Non-top models don't get the luxury of booking work with sassy/sore loser/meek/arrogant attitudes...it's only acceptable when they're supermodel level.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

Now I know why the twitter feud between margaux and naomi went down, because on the show Naomi said that if Margaux doesn't make it in 8 years she'll never make it. So Margaux joined the show and now she's gotten a virgin mobile campaign smart move. Margaux by the way was going to school fulltime and modeling part time so why not take the opportunity now before she gets older to get more publicity as long as she remains professional why not.

Last edited by angel222; 13-03-2013 at 12:31 PM.
13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
Now I know why the twitter feud between margaux and naomi went down, because on the show Naomi said that if Margaux doesn't make it in 8 years she'll never make it. So Margaux joined the show and now she's gotten a virgin mobile campaign smart move. Margaux by the way was going to school fulltime and modeling part time so why not take the opportunity now before she gets older to get more publicity as long as she remains professional why not.
Naomi said that Margaux has been working for 8 years and "hasn't gotten nowhere" and that she hasn't "been signed." But Margaux has actually been signed for 9 years.
I think the feud was staged because clearly Naomi must have known that Margaux was signed and she tried to get Margaux on her team.

I wouldn't say appearing in a virgin mobile commercial is an exceptional result coming out of reality tv nor something new for Margaux's trajectory. That's the work done by her LA agency and Margaux has been doing commercials and lookbooks for a long time. I still believe she could book a job on equal level or more as this Ulta prize without having to appear on this show.

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^ you're right so truce and peace

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

Do you think Margaux's Twitter rant towards Naomi was fake? A plot to grab headlines and viewings? I think so. Margaux would have known what Noami said weeks before.. even months. Nonetheless, I'm still head-over-heels for the whole show.

I loved when Noami told her girls to get into their rooms, both Jocelyn and ZiLin stood up immediately and went off to the bedroom. They sure do know who's the boss. I imagine Noami Campbell's presence to be so.. blatant.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Do you think Margaux's Twitter rant towards Naomi was fake? A plot to grab headlines and viewings? I think so. Margaux would have known what Noami said weeks before.. even months. Nonetheless, I'm still head-over-heels for the whole show.
i personally think so. actually, i think all the drama that occurred involving naomi (naomi vs. karolina, naomi dissing margaux) was staged in some way. the only drama i felt that actually looked genuine to me was the mutual hatred between sandra and jocelyn.

naomi and her reputation certainly knows how to reel us all in. i also think because of her reputation, she certainly knows how to get away with a lot more than karolina or coco, especially in terms of actions. because of this, she's not afraid to call karolina an idiot or tell margaux she hasn't gotten anywhere for the sake of boosting ratings.

i'll always like naomi, but i hope she apologized to karolina and margaux off-camera.

V.I.P.

I really think all the drama is staged. The show, as much as they won't admit it, was banking on Naomi's erm reputation as one of the draws, if not the draw, of the show. And of course everyone's in one it so you won't see KK or Coco dishing out the truth anywhere else (unless maybe the show goes down and years later they come clean).

13-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I really think all the drama is staged. The show, as much as they won't admit it, was banking on Naomi's erm reputation as one of the draws, if not the draw, of the show. And of course everyone's in one it so you won't see KK or Coco dishing out the truth anywhere else (unless maybe the show goes down and years later they come clean).
Definitely. I think the show/producers try to play up these things which results in some acting. They try to make Naomi seem like a much much bigger b*tch than she may really be. (To be honest though, I've heard wonderful things about Naomi from other mid-top level models. She's always rooting for the top newcomers of the season and goes backstage to compliment new faces. I also know a few girls who have been invited to dinner with Naomi..)
They also try to play up Coco's whole quirky, energetic, spunky "image." They definitely play up the "queen of posing" idea too.
And then they try to make Karolina seem like a calm, motherly, relaxed, humble type. When, come on TFSers, we've all seen Karolina's spunky, bubbly, wild, energetic days!!

13-03-2013
trendsetter

^ yeah Coco's 160 poses in 60 seconds is a riot and sorta embarrassing :-)

13-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Definitely. I think the show/producers try to play up these things which results in some acting. They try to make Naomi seem like a much much bigger b*tch than she may really be. (To be honest though, I've heard wonderful things about Naomi from other mid-top level models. She's always rooting for the top newcomers of the season and goes backstage to compliment new faces. I also know a few girls who have been invited to dinner with Naomi..)
They also try to play up Coco's whole quirky, energetic, spunky "image." They definitely play up the "queen of posing" idea too.
And then they try to make Karolina seem like a calm, motherly, relaxed, humble type. When, come on TFSers, we've all seen Karolina's spunky, bubbly, wild, energetic days!!
That's how I feel about Heidi Klum on PR. She seems so stoic and robotic on the show, but anyone who has followed Heidi as a VS model knows how spunky, crazy, funny, and energetic she can be! It's like a whole other person.

13-03-2013
rising star

I think the right girl went home too. And I still like Ebony. Did anyone notice the look on Coco's face when Naomi said "She's been modeling for eight years. Don't you think she should have been something by now?" It was the same face Alicia Silverstone's character made in Clueless when she said "That's way harsh, Tai."

13-03-2013
V.I.P.

Praise be! Sandra is gone! She had to have known she was a goner when her team lost. Her behavior at the challenge was completely unacceptable. Naomi should have thrown a phone at her.

Naomi's foundation was distracting. Three lashes with a wet washrag to whomever chose that color makeup for her. It absolutely did not work for her face.

Stephanie was marvelous during the challenge and the commercial and absolutely deserved to win. Margaux needs to find a way to "pump it up" during the commercials. She was quite flat and earned her spot in the bottom with Sandra. Still, I agree with Karolina's choice. There is no way Margaux deserves to go home based on her performance and who she was standing next to.

ZiLin is really quite tall. This is the first time I've notices how she towers over the other models, and they're not short. She also has magnificent presence. Sandra and Jocelyn lasted as long as they did because of her. Still, this is the first episode they've shown us cracks in her foundation. Is the winner expected to do commercials and speaking engagement for Ulta Beauty? If so, she needs a speaking coach.

Jocelyn continues to underwhelm. Like Naomi, I was expecting more from her, and her performance at the challenge and the commercial was disappointingly flat. Hopefully, we'll see more of her now that Sandra is gone and can no longer suck up the air time. Jocelyn and Stephanie can leave next.

I agree with Naomi. Sandra went for sexy but only brought "hungry monster" when she chose to eat the neck of the male model. A lovely girl, but her actions made it hard to continue seeing the beauty in her face. She clearly has esteem issues. "I have the looks but not the books," is a terrible way to feel about yourself.

I really hope Team Coco wins at least one challenge. I am beginning to feel sorry for them.

Hooray for Devyn and Ebony! They absolutely deserved to win the commercial. The two of them have great chemistry.

It looks like a double elimination next episode based on those previews. Send Jocelyn and Stephanie home, please! Stephanie has been there long enough and she already has some great door prizes. It's time for her to go.

Last edited by dpbenson; 14-03-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi