How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2013
fashion elite

Just happy Team Coco didn't win! Margo is so stuck up along with Coco! Wish it was Zi Lin, but Devyn is deserving too.
Posted via Mobile Device

26-03-2013
front row

Dpbenson--That's very interesting! I didn't know that. Looks like she was at Elite NY the same time Coco Rocha was there....so she must know the team behind Coco's success.

Last edited by theBlueRider; 26-03-2013 at 10:54 PM.
26-03-2013
tfs star

devyn wasn't my favorite, but her photo for ulta was really stunning and surprisingly my favorite, so i think they made a good choice.

V.I.P.

The Face - se 01, ep 07 (Finale)
43:33 - MP4 format

click on image to stream video from GorillaVid (hint: on Firefox with AdBlock you can bypass most of the ads)

Download/Stream from ShareRepo (CLICK!)

*video best played on VLC Media Player*

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

the finale was really a great episode!

i love Ebony, she's stunning and has a great body and spectacular personality, but she didn't perform the best in the beauty shot challenge. the other three women outshined her. that's where you could really see the value of Margeaux's experience.

but i am SO happy that Devyn won. her beauty shot literally took my breath away. she just radiated strength and confidence. sooo beautiful. then, on the runway, she killed it and the ULTA woman couldn't get enough.

it's nice that at the end the competition between the coaches and the girls stayed very positive and supportive, no matter the outcome. KK was so genuinely proud and happy for Devyn, it warmed my heart.

Yay #TeamKK and #TeamDevyn

i really hope there's a season 2!

tfs star

I still don't get why Zi Lin didn't win. She had a FLAWLESS picture, is stunning in person, killed the runway walk, and in the Ulta store proved to be knowledgable/engaging regardless of English being her second language. She was robbed. Plus Ulta could have capitalized on her reputation in China for the pageant. Asian customers/market are HUGE nowadays.

Happy for Devyn though! Even happier for KK!

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

I'm soooo disappointed that Devyn won. I thought ZiLing had the competition in the bag, after the shoot for Ulta. ZiLing's shot was just stellar, pure beauty and she radiated through Dusan Reljin's lens. Margeaux's was gorgeous too, I loved how different it was from the rest. It's a real shame that Ebony started to phase out. The lighting wasn't in Ebony's favour during the Ulta shoot, though. The first few shots were disastrous. Devyn's final shot was boring and she done a go-to pose for a beauty shot, I really didn't see anything special - and still don't.

V.I.P.

I too feel that something about ebony's shoot wasn't right whether it was the lighting or the shade of lipstick. It didn't seem to capture her true essence whether that was her fault or due to other reasons I can't say.

I'm happy for Karolina but that amped about Devyn. I'd even prefer a Margeaux win b4 devyn

I wanna see zilin everywhere preferably the next time I walk into sephora

27-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
I still don't get why Zi Lin didn't win. She had a FLAWLESS picture, is stunning in person, killed the runway walk, and in the Ulta store proved to be knowledgable/engaging regardless of English being her second language. She was robbed. Plus Ulta could have capitalized on her reputation in China for the pageant. Asian customers/market are HUGE nowadays.

Happy for Devyn though! Even happier for KK!
I think she really upset the Ulta people after she made up a name for her Ulta eyeshadow. She might've been the go-to winner at first, but after that it was all Devyn.

backstage pass

The fact that Devyn had a "story" kind of told the ending from the start of the episode. We know next to nothing about Zi Lin or Margeaux. Devyn is more relatable to the Ulta customer; whether or not she looks the best in photos is not as important. And there was no way 2 girls from Naomi's team were gonna go through to the finale - they had to have one from each team.

trendsetter

I do think part of the reason ZiLin didn't win is the language barrier. They need somebody to do the whole 'look how happy I am' talk show marathon - even though The Face is so much classier than ANTM, they still need to promote the show.Devyn is perfect for that.
ZiLin's english is just not good enough. I thought many of her interviews during the show sounded forced, like she was told exactly what to say beforehand. English is a second language for me as well, and I find it very unlikeable that someone like her, who has been learning the language for maybe a year or so, would know expressions like "sth is so's strong suit" (which she used in the finale). I don't think her english is good enough to make it through a whole tv interview at this point.

27-03-2013
trendsetter

^ i don't think language was the barrier it was just me, none of the foreign working models are particularly good with english either, whether asian, european or eskimo etc.

It was down to the three (zillin, devyn, margaux) so it didn't matter really, anyone of them could have a great career.

Margaux is now with Wilhelmina NY Coco's agency and somebody said Jocelyn is with 1 Management so somebody is doing good. I wonder which agency Zilin got signed to, hurry someone find out.

27-03-2013
trendsetter

i'll bet any of you the contract was $20K or much less like $10K.

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

Does anyone know if this show will get a second season? I'm really hoping so.

28-03-2013
V.I.P.

I was rooting for Zi Lin as well but Devyn winning is not that bad at all, she'd be a great runway model, I hope most of these girls will get a "legit" career afterwards

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi