How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-03-2013
fashion elite

Eh I dont like Devyn she had the ugliest profile of all the women there

28-03-2013
V.I.P.

I was a bit surprised that Devyn won, but maybe it's all for the best. I mean it's clear that they wanted a native English speaker to take on the role of the spokesmodel, and as exceptionally hard as Zi Lin worked, I just don't think she could've handled what Ulta would have wanted out of her...

Devyn needed this the most (well aside from Ebony) and so I'm not mad at her. I'm glad Ulta chose a black model for the role given that they seem to favor Caucasian faces in the past as well.

I just hope that Zi Lin conquers the world ...I'm interested to see how Naomi can help her out (well I hope she will).

28-03-2013
V.I.P.

it'll be interesting to see if any of the girls, not just the winner, can find success after the show. I really like Zi Lin also because she's so tall and I think most of the Asian models tend to fall on the shorter side.

28-03-2013
fashion elite

Naomi never loses. 6 months from now guess who will have shot with Meisel, Mert & Marcus, and Sims? Guess who will only have an Ulta beauty contract on their resume???

The writing is stained onto the wall!

tfs star

I can't really see ZiLin as a Meisel girl. She's not as atypical as someone like Fei Fei. Her look is more along the lines of Sui He and Liu Wen.

ZiLin apparently has an English name and it's Roseline.

Also found this picture of her with OdlR that was taken back in 2012.

28-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
I can't really see ZiLin as a Meisel girl. She's not as atypical as someone like Fei Fei. Her look is more along the lines of Sui He and Liu Wen.

ZiLin apparently has an English name and it's Roseline.

Also found this picture of her with OdlR that was taken back in 2012.
*Do Not Quote Pictures*
Not all Meisel girls are atypical. Meisel loves all kinds of girls from Meghan Collison to Anna J to Shana Zadrick. Meisel has shot all kinds of asian women from Audrey Quock to Fei Fei to Du Juan.

Fei Fei is far from "atypical"--she's movie star goddess Chinese beauty. Liu Wen is very Chinese girl next door. Sui He is more avant garde yet cutesy at the same time. I don't see any similarity with ZiLin actually. ZiLin has a very circular face and reminds me of Anna Bayle and young Kimora Lee during the Chanel days. Her look is more 70s, 80s runway rather than the angular faces we see today.

Last edited by sleepingbeauty13; 30-03-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Do Not Quote Pictures
28-03-2013
trendsetter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cpfuw7d-EI

Zilin isn't the typical Chinese beauty she's said that because of her dark skin and big lips, it' the opposite of what the Chinese find beautiful, but big lips in the west are Vogue. Her English isn't that bad think about Natalia Vodianova she doesn't have great English either.

Last edited by angel222; 28-03-2013 at 09:51 PM.
28-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cpfuw7d-EI

Zilin isn't the typical Chinese beauty she's said that because of her dark skin and big lips, it' the opposite of what the Chinese find beautiful, but big lips in the west are Vogue. Her English isn't that bad think about Natalia Vodianova she doesn't have great English either.
Yes, she isn't typical of what is seen as asian beauty in either Western or Asian countries at all. In the West there's Lucy Liu and in Asia there's Angelababy. I think the biggest difference though with Zilin and other Asian models is that Zilin's face is like a round circle where most models regardless of race have some type of oval, heart, square or long type of face shape.

28-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Not all Meisel girls are atypical. Meisel loves all kinds of girls from Meghan Collison to Anna J to Shana Zadrick. Meisel has shot all kinds of asian women from Audrey Quock to Fei Fei to Du Juan.

Fei Fei is far from "atypical"--she's movie star goddess Chinese beauty. Liu Wen is very Chinese girl next door. Sui He is more avant garde yet cutesy at the same time. I don't see any similarity with ZiLin actually. ZiLin has a very circular face and reminds me of Anna Bayle and young Kimora Lee during the Chanel days. Her look is more 70s, 80s runway rather than the angular faces we see today.
I never said Meisel girls are atypical. I was saying Fei Fei is atypical (meaning more high fashion and less sexy) in comparison to ZiLin.

And I never said she looks like Liu Wen or Sui He. I said her beauty is along the lines of them and less so with Fei Fei, who is more high fashion in her look. Liu Wen and Sui He have a look that can be very versatile. Fei Fei has a very distinctive look, as does someone like Ming. That is why I said ZiLin is more along the lines of Liu and Sui He's, and not Fei Fei's.

Last edited by Ives927; 28-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.
29-03-2013
clever ain't wise

Just watched the finale....I have to say that Ebony's beauty shots were not as good, but I don't know if it might have been the angle. Anyway, Devyn has a good beauty face with her eyes set very far apart. I dislike all this emotional stuff "she's a mom - blahblahblah" - it's just so boring.

Margeaux walk is terrible and Zilin is too pageant, so it was between Devyn and Ebony for me....and although I think Ebony was the star of this show, I can see why they chose Devyn given the pictures.

As for the supermodels they were wonderful hostesses for this show. I hope they make another season. Naomi is perfect, the absolute perfect woman - everything about her is just a testament to her legend - the way she looks, talks, moves...she's just immaculate. And Karolina shows how poise and intelligence can turn a flaw (mouth area) to a strength - plus she seems to be able to actually transfer her skills to the girls. Coco is a lovely breath of fresh air, integrity and personality....

There is certainly room for improvement for this show, but still, for the model lover, this is definitely THE show

29-03-2013
trendsetter

It's best that Zilin didn't win because the title means nothing it's the exposure that counts.

29-03-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Just watched the finale....I have to say that Ebony's beauty shots were not as good, but I don't know if it might have been the angle. Anyway, Devyn has a good beauty face with her eyes set very far apart. I dislike all this emotional stuff "she's a mom - blahblahblah" - it's just so boring.

Margeaux walk is terrible and Zilin is too pageant, so it was between Devyn and Ebony for me....and although I think Ebony was the star of this show, I can see why they chose Devyn given the pictures.

As for the supermodels they were wonderful hostesses for this show. I hope they make another season. Naomi is perfect, the absolute perfect woman - everything about her is just a testament to her legend - the way she looks, talks, moves...she's just immaculate. And Karolina shows how poise and intelligence can turn a flaw (mouth area) to a strength - plus she seems to be able to actually transfer her skills to the girls. Coco is a lovely breath of fresh air, integrity and personality....

There is certainly room for improvement for this show, but still, for the model lover, this is definitely THE show
..very well said, though i wish Naomi would keep her temper in check.

29-03-2013
backstage pass

This show has the perfect balance of professionalism and entertainment to me, IMO. I would follow Naomi wherever she goes - she is just so fun to watch.

V.I.P.

Naomi is a true supermodel. Like if she threw her blackberry at me, I would apologize to her cause clearly I did something wrong.

30-03-2013
fashion elite

People here have posted about something they don't like about Devyn's face. I think it's her upper lip. I don't like the shape of it. It's kinda snarly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi