How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Supermodels Join Forces

ERIN O'CONNOR and Caroline Winberg are joining forces with Naomi Campbell to star on the UK version of her reality television show, The Face. The trio will each act as mentors to finding fashion's next leading model for the programme, which is currently being filmed in London for Sky Living.

"I have worked with both models internationally and they truly understand what's necessary to make it in the modelling industry," said Campbell. "It's going to be a really inspiring journey and as executive producer on the show I truly believe we will find the face."

Swedish-born Winberg is known for her work for Victoria's Secret, Valentino and Versace, while O'Connor boasts catwalk turns for Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Dior, as well as campaigns for Chanel and Dolce & Gabbana. The Face first launched in the US in February, for which Campbell enlisted Coco Rocha and Karolina Kurkova as fellow mentors.

"I'm thrilled to be joining the line-up of The Face - Naomi is a huge inspiration, so to be working with her on this project is an enormous privilege," said O'Connor. "Caroline is one of the modelling world's most exciting new talents so to have her expertise on board is also a huge bonus - I can't wait to get started."
vogue.co.uk

13-05-2013
fashion insider

^^ooh baby, I will be downloading every episode when it airs!!

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

Erin O'Connor definitely makes sense to me. In fact, I'm quite sure many of us had mentioned her as a potential mentor, and with enthusiasm if I recall.

But Caroline Winberg? Really?! I mean, maybe she's got a great tv personality or something, but she hasn't had a particularly stellar fashion career. Sure, she's had some success and she's certainly quite beautiful, but it just seems like a bit of a step down from legitimate fashion icons like KK and Coco.

However, there must be some reason why they cast her and I'm intrigued. I also anticipate her fans coming into this thread and providing all kinds of arguments to my comment about her not having a relevant fashion career. Maybe I'm wrong and actually just completely ignorant to her work, in which case I'll gladly stick my foot in my mouth.

trendsetter

both erin and caroline and not in the same caliber as the current US judges and they're so past their prime. as someone suggested maybe lily donaldson or lily cole then it'll be fun

08-06-2013
trendsetter

Saw a commercial that said the show will have a 2nd season this 'winter.' So will it be this year or next year?

08-06-2013
trendsetter

It will probably happen for the US season beginning in March 2014, usually the shooting is 5 to 6 months before the airing.

09-06-2013
fashion elite

i read somewhere that the show has been renewed for a second season which is a great news.

also glad that, the scandal gives the show an enormous publicity boost. I haven't watched the show but I just wish they would have more contestants.

09-06-2013
V.I.P.

I don't like the scandal to be associated with the show. That brings it into ANTM territory - where it became more about Tyra's theatrics & the drama between the models than the actual contest itself. The Face did rely on some bickering between the girls (let's face it, you put a bunch of gorgeous people in a room to decide who's the best, there will always be drama) but it had more credibility in terms of the photo shoots and projects, rather than girls walking on a runway with pendulums that could knock them over, clearly staged for failure. And I feel like associating the scandal with the show brings it down a level because then you're just thinking Naomi is more concerned about who'll betray her next rather than her genuine affection for the girls she picks.

10-06-2013
fashion elite

the scandal receives international headlines around the world. besides fashionistas, nobody bother watched the show.

reality tvs and scandals just go hand in hand. think about kim kardashian or paris hilton. they wouldn't be anywhere today if they didnt involve with any scandals.

sure, scandals would kick the show's reputation/prestige down a notch but in return it brings in millions more viewer.

14-06-2013
V.I.P.

Oxygen's TV show lineup. The Face will be returning Quarter #1 (late winter):

facebook.com/joeybgcblogger.diaz

Last edited by @~PinkCouture~@; 14-06-2013 at 06:58 PM.
15-06-2013
V.I.P.

oooh, so the other "supermodel coaches" have not been announced. i think, then, it's safe to say that it won't be Coco and KK. otherwise, they'd be mentioned. but Karolina WON the competition this year. she should be back for Round 2!

V.I.P.

^ I don't think they have decided who the other 2 coaches will be or they haven't reach an agreement with KK and/or Coco. But I agree KK should come back. She was great. I think they should replace Coco. She was "meh" and not b/c her team never won a challenge but b/c I don't think she was a good coach. We can't all be good at everything.

19-06-2013
V.I.P.

I agree, Coco didn't really connect. Naomi, surprisingly, showed very sincere and almost motherly (with tough love, of course) with her girls. KK was also caring. I want to see KK again. And I want to see guests judges.

21-06-2013
trendsetter

^ Coco did connect with her girls they were all crying when she cried because she had to let one of them go. Her modeling is unique to her but realistically they have the freedom to themselves.

25-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ I agree, I thought Coco connected well with the contestants but she wasn't a very good mentor. I don't think she fully understood everybody is different. Just b/c certain techniques & etc. work for her doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else. It is a mentor's "job" to figure out what works best for each person, and help them bring it out & highlight it.

-----------------------------------------

In case anyone is interested in attending Season 2's open casting call: http://the-face.oxygen.com/blogs/casting-call-theface2

The website said taping will occur approximately from September 4th-October 6th (thefacecasting.com).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi