How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2014
the mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by @~PinkCouture~@ View Post
The Face - se 02, ep 02

*Please credit if repost elsewhere*
thanks for this!

18-03-2014
fashion insider

God the US version is so crappy compared to the Australian/UK version. The quality of girls in the Australian version is really great, can't wait to see how it develops.

19-03-2014
backstage pass

The Face Australia is so GOOD! Nicole has balls, i mean it Naomi is such a drama queen. I don't bother watching the next ep of The Face US.

(btw does anybody have any idea about the song they played in the recap at the end of The Face Aus ep.1?)

19-03-2014
V.I.P.

The link to watch previous episodes: http://videobull.com/?s=the+face&x=34&y=12

19-03-2014
the mysteries

Yaya Deng's thread (Team Cheyenne): http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...ng-249341.html

Chantal Monaghan's thread (Team Naomi): http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...an-247159.html

Yaya looks a lot more compelling without the weave/wig that she wears on the show.

trendsetter

I saw the australian first episode and Naomi is soooo defensive and it showed with Nicole and Anne V. It confirms what we all know that she abuses her employees.

20-03-2014
the mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
I saw the australian first episode and Naomi is soooo defensive and it showed with Nicole and Anne V. It confirms what we all know that she abuses her employees.
Another possible explanation is that she's intentionally pumping up the drama for ratings. It's interesting to me that on the US and Australian shows, she picked one judge to butt heads with from the very beginning. Conflict like that makes for interesting viewing and it could be that she's exaggerating her behavior to achieve a certain result.

front row

I agree with rubydon. Being strict and in control is such a huge part of her image and I do think she plays it up to a certain extent. Being a drama queen is what she's known for! Just recently I've watched some interviews with her and I do think they show a softer side to her.

Who else could have sold the format to so many networks in different countries? And to make the show live up to expectations, she needs to give the viewers what they're waiting for. I might be the only one, but I feel like the guilty pleasure I get from watching the show is seeing her react to things.

V.I.P.

The Face - se 02, ep 03

Password: PinkCouture
*Please credit if repost elsewhere*

20-03-2014
front row

Thanks again PinkCouture! Didn't let me give you any more karma, but I just want you to know that you're awesome for taking the time and effort to upload these!

V.I.P.

The link to the first episode of The Face AU: http://primewire.unblocked.co/extern...29t&loggedin=0

Click 'continue to video' first. Ignore and close any pop ups.

Last edited by simplylovely; 20-03-2014 at 11:26 AM.
20-03-2014
V.I.P.

Another link: http://primewire.unblocked.co/extern...29t&loggedin=0

list of links: http://primewire.unblocked.co/tv-274...on-1-episode-1

Last edited by simplylovely; 20-03-2014 at 12:03 PM.
20-03-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydon View Post
Yaya Deng's thread (Team Cheyenne): http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...ng-249341.html

Chantal Monaghan's thread (Team Naomi): http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...an-247159.html

Yaya looks a lot more compelling without the weave/wig that she wears on the show.

Just starting watching. Chantal's gorgeous! And so is the aboriginal girl. I've forgotten her name at the moment.

tfs star

On one hand I see Naomi as this powerful, succesful woman, very driven. On the other hand she is always playing this games, eliminating who pose a threat. I absolutely love watching Anne V, such a delight. I have no idea what Lydia is doing there though. I think of her as a socialite instead of a model. Don't like most girls either, they can be a girl next door type but I don't seem them as models. And I agree, this season is kind of like ANTM.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydon View Post
Another possible explanation is that she's intentionally pumping up the drama for ratings. It's interesting to me that on the US and Australian shows, she picked one judge to butt heads with from the very beginning. Conflict like that makes for interesting viewing and it could be that she's exaggerating her behavior to achieve a certain result.
Hmm if that's true then she's reducing herself to caricature and no better than the hysterics we abhor on shows such as the 'NTM franchises.

Imo she doesn't need to do that. Methinks silence or a steely look is sometimes a much better riposte. It keeps em guessing....

Look at Caroline and the breakout star she became in the UK version. Me, I was rooting for Naomi as per usual but I have to admit that Winberg and her mischief made for great tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anina View Post
I agree with rubydon. Being strict and in control is such a huge part of her image and I do think she plays it up to a certain extent. Being a drama queen is what she's known for! Just recently I've watched some interviews with her and I do think they show a softer side to her.

Who else could have sold the format to so many networks in different countries? And to make the show live up to expectations, she needs to give the viewers what they're waiting for. I might be the only one, but I feel like the guilty pleasure I get from watching the show is seeing her react to things.
Hahaha I have to agree with you re: her interviews.

On interviews she comes across as sage, tempered and reformed - but overall a tough cookie given a bad rap because she's had to fight for what she has.

Seeing her throw tantrums here though is too much 'playing' into expectations for me. And I sincerely hope it doesn't do her harm than good.

Last edited by LANZO_358; 20-03-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi