How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2012
V.I.P.

The Face with Naomi Campbell
From styleite.com (edited):

Naomi Campbell is getting her own reality show called The Face, the show will air on Oxygen and she will be one of three judges. The show will feature a group of unknown models competing in challenges to become the next face of a major brand, to be announced later. Campbell said in a press release:

Quote:
“I look forward to discovering the next great model on The Face. I’m looking for contestants who have the whole package – a beautiful face; healthy, toned body; unique look; interesting personality; confidence; and, above all, strong work ethic and drive. I’m seeking someone who possesses a global, worldly outlook, but can also be seen as a home-grown girl next door. Most importantly, I’m looking for a model with a fearless spirit who can completely transform like a chameleon, and take you on a unique journey that makes you believe that even the impossible is possible. If I find that, I’ll find a truly great model!”

Last edited by agee; 14-07-2012 at 02:55 PM.

14-07-2012
V.I.P.

The show is holding two open casting calls on July 21 (in New York) and July 28 (in Los Angeles).
Source: thefashionspot.com/buzz-news

thefashionspot.com/buzz-news

16-07-2012
V.I.P.

I can't wait for the results. Everyone is critical of Tyra's show (which I agree with) for not launching HF careers but it'll be interesting to see if Naomi can be any different.

16-07-2012
fashion elite

So excited I can't stand it. I'm expecting appearances from all of the supers, particularly Christy and Linda. Girls on this show will stand a much better chance at having legitimate modeling careers than the unfortunates on Tyra's flop of a contest. Naomi has unmatchable clout with many, many industry heavyweights. This show will be epic!!! Tyra must be furious/nervous.

V.I.P.

^Yes I've heard a rumor that the other judges will be Christy and Linda. Oh goodness, I can't wait for this. It'll be epic.

17-07-2012
tfs star

Naomi will make sure the winner will be semi-successful.. No doubt.

17-07-2012
doldrums

I hope the show would be a realistic approach and not a caricature like how most fashion based shows have become. Often times producers go way over their heads.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

I can't wait for this, finally a REAL supermodel hostess!

backstage pass

This is super exciting!! If Christy and Linda joins the panel then it's a done deal. Naomi especially is very influential in the industry...My only problem is the name of the show. I simply do not like "The Face."

20-07-2012
fashion icon

You guys really think someone as big headed as Linda would agree to play a supporting role to Naomi? I'm sorry, but I find that rumor to be ridiculous. She might be a guest judge, but she definitely won't sit beside Naomi every week & watch her host while she's in the background. I doubt Christy would agree to that either.

20-07-2012
backstage pass

^ Haha that is true, I could see Linda and Christy making a brief appearance one episode.

Regardless, this is a must watch. Confused over the winner become the face of a national brand though?

20-07-2012
fashion elite

I hope we get some news tomorrow on casting.

V.I.P.

hm, Linda's not exactly blazing up the magazine covers like she used to. In fact, she was in a pretty bitter lawsuit with her ex over child support payment. Unless she can convince people to give her her own show, I think she's going to have to swallow her pride on this one and play second fiddle to Naomi.

25-07-2012
trendsetter

So the other 2 mentors will be Karolina Kurkova & Coco Rocha, plus.... Nigel Barker..
Sounds like ANTM 2.0 to me, both of the mentors have been the guest judge to ANTM and Nigel too, but I hope this show will be better.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-07-2012
fashion elite

Oooh Karolina and Naomi sounds great, not so sure about Coco, I personally don't really like her.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campbell, face, naomi