The Fashion Spot Models Top 40 F.K.A. Top 75 - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
25-08-2015
  61
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
I would love if you post the work of the top 5 models. I mean to me Lara has done nothing. I can't remember of a single thing. Natasha and Karlie are literally everywhere. And lexi?
just off the top of my head i can name these works from lara in recent months.

vogue uk cover, id cover, balenciaga, versace fragrance, h&m, W korea, kurt kieger(?)... im sure there are more

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2015
  62
fashion elite
 
littlekiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota, USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,537
Lara Stone
L'Oreal contract
Versace Fragrance contract
Stella McCartney Fragrance contract
Balenciaga
Kurt Geiger
Tom Ford Fragrance
H&M
Barney's
i-D cover/editorial
Vogue UK cover/editorial
W Korea cover/editorial

Lexi Boling
Loewe
Versace
Giada
Coach
Alexander Wang
Sacai
Mugler
American Manhasset
Vogue Italia cover
Dior Mag editorial
Vogue Paris editorial
W Mag feature
2 W Mag editorials


Natasha Poly
L'Oreal contract
Isabel Marant
Michael Kors
La Perla
Hugo Boss Fragrance
Frame Denim
Jimmy Choo Fragrance
Vogue Russia cover/editorial
Glamour Russia cover/editorial
Vogue Paris cover/editorial


Kate Moss
Rimmel contract
Decorte
Balenciaga
Burberry Fragrance
Etro
David Yurman
Mango
System editorial
i-D cover/editorial
Vogue Netherlands Special cover
LOVE cover/editorial


Karlie Kloss
L'Oreal contract
Versace
Express Jeans
Joe Fresh
Diane von Furstenberg
Marella
Kate Spade
Mary Kratantzou Video
Self Mag cover/editorial
2 Vogue US editorials
Glamour US cover/editorial
Flare cover/editorial
Zink cover/editorial


I hope this convinces everyone that my rankings are accurate.

__________________
Top 50 Models - Updated weekly!
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2015
  63
front row
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: jakarta, indonesia
Gender: homme
Posts: 281
thx Littlekiki for the reply

now i can see why Lexi is higher than Natasha or Karlie, since you still count her VI February cover. while Natasha's Vogue cover from April, June already off the list.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2015
  64
V.I.P.
 
alonsoJonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,365
Yeap lexi should not be No.2
looks like you are going for quantity and not so much on quality of work.

To me natasha magazine work is the same value if not better than laras. Counting she has September's covers.but I guess Lara stills beat her on campaigns? debatable if you ask me. Also should natasha HM campaign count?

And same thing with karlie. Her work has more value than kate IMO.

Should be Lara or natasha then karlie and then either lexi or kate.

__________________
Anja Rubik,Isabeli Fontana,Natasha Poly

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 25-08-2015 at 09:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2015
  65
V.I.P.
 
alonsoJonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,365
BTW does anyone know what's going on with the lists at MDC? Are they updating it?

__________________
Anja Rubik,Isabeli Fontana,Natasha Poly
  Reply With Quote
 
25-08-2015
  66
fashion elite
 
littlekiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota, USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by djowodjo30 View Post
thx Littlekiki for the reply

now i can see why Lexi is higher than Natasha or Karlie, since you still count her VI February cover. while Natasha's Vogue cover from April, June already off the list.
I'm not counting her VI February cover, are you kidding? If I'm not mistaken, she's on the July cover. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll immediately remove those points if it's not her.

I'm definitely not going for quantity, I give way more points for higher quality work.

I spend so much time thinking about these things to make sure the list is accurate. I think I have a pretty good system going here. I spend about an hour a day scouring the internet for new work, making sure I have all the updates in my list. Trust me, I don't want Lexi anywhere near the top 10 either. But she is. Her bookings show it.

If you want to make your own list based on your own points system, go for it. But for now, this is what I'm going with.

__________________
Top 50 Models - Updated weekly!
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2015
  67
fashion elite
 
littlekiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota, USA
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,537
just triple checked, and it's Hailey Gates, not Lexi on the Vogue Italia cover. Bumps down Lexi to #5.

published the updated list onto the site, i'm not gonna post it here because there are minor changes only.

__________________
Top 50 Models - Updated weekly!

Last edited by littlekiki; 25-08-2015 at 10:20 PM.
  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  68
V.I.P.
 
anlabe32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,694
With or without the Vogue Italia cover, Lexi's list is still the most impressive.

  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  69
Oh Yeah!
 
khyrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iloilo, Philippines
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
With or without the Vogue Italia cover, Lexi's list is still the most impressive.

For FW campaigns:

Lexi

Versace - MG
Alexander Wang - MG
Coach - MG
Giada - OG
Sacai - OG
Mugler - OG
Loewe
American Manhasset


Lara

Balenciaga - MG
H&M - OG
Barneys- MG
Kurt Geiger - OG
Stella McCartney Fragrance - OG
Tom Ford Fragrance - OG
Versace Fragrance - OG
L'Oreal


Natasha

Michael Kors - OG
Isabel Marant - OG
Frame Denim - OG
La Perla -MG
Hugo Boss Fragrance - OG
Jimmy Choo Fragrance - OG
L'Oreal



Sure Lexi's work may seem lengthy but where's the quality? She may be in top campaigns but all are MG. She may have some OG campaigns but do those get much coverage? Yeah impressive. Let's not even compare covers. LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
BTW does anyone know what's going on with the lists at MDC? Are they updating it?

Yes they are. Their Twitter account says it will be revealed later this week. I hope the mods will allow for a new thread to be opened for its discussion as this new update seems to be very interesting and a complete overhaul of the previous lists.

__________________
How aware were you of the fashion world when you started modeling?
Not at all. I thought Fendi was a food. - Sean O'Pry


Last edited by khyrk; 26-08-2015 at 05:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  70
front row
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 244
Doesn't Karlie's Chanel Coco Noir contract count?

  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  71
V.I.P.
 
alonsoJonathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,365
Quote:
Sure Lexi's work may seem lengthy but where's the quality? She may be in top campaigns but all are MG. She may have some OG campaigns but do those get much coverage? Yeah impressive. Let's not even compare covers. LOL
I guess her work is impressive for some people LOL

Quote:
Giada - OG
Sacai - OG
what are those?


Quote:
Yes they are. Their Twitter account says it will be revealed later this week. I hope the mods will allow for a new thread to be opened for its discussion as this new update seems to be very interesting and a complete overhaul of the previous lists.
I wonder what changes they are doing? any idea?

Quote:
If you want to make your own list based on your own points system, go for it. But for now, this is what I'm going with.
I don't think anybody wants to start making the list, we are just discussing the list and double checking

__________________
Anja Rubik,Isabeli Fontana,Natasha Poly
  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  72
Oh Yeah!
 
khyrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iloilo, Philippines
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post

I wonder what changes they are doing? any idea?


I don't know, but it sure seems to be big. Not their usual addition/inclusion/upgrade or subtraction/removal of girls from the different lists. Sooo looking forward to it. So, later in the week = weekend then? Live from Mykonos.

__________________
How aware were you of the fashion world when you started modeling?
Not at all. I thought Fendi was a food. - Sean O'Pry

  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  73
front row
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 244
They really need to revamp it. They have way too many models listed under icons most of whom don't even fit in the sites own description of an icon listed at the top! I mean who really considers Toni Garrn, Crystal Renn, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Sigrid Agren, Constance Jablonski, Arizona Muse, Karmen Pedaru, Cameron Russell, Edita Vilkeviciute, Suvi Koponen, Kasia Struss and Meghan Collison an icon? They just list any model that was working a few years ago that still picks up a bit of work here and there now matter how B list. They list Abbey Lee and Agyness when they stop modelling and put Gemma on straight away despite not working for years.

The should also get rid of the old icons and new ones. An icon is an icon. Karolina, Alessandra and Candice should be moved to the new supers list and Daria and Liya move to the icons. And Kate Upton shouldn't be on either list!

As for the legends, how can you have Tyra and Heidi? They couldn't even find a decent image of Heidi so use her own perfume ad! Amber, Kristen and Eva should at least be legends,


Last edited by Clipse; 26-08-2015 at 11:45 AM.
  Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  74
V.I.P.
 
dsamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Adelaide
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
They really need to revamp it. They have way too many models listed under icons most of whom don't even fit in the sites own description of an icon listed at the top! I mean who really considers Toni Garrn, Crystal Renn, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Sigrid Agren, Constance Jablonski, Arizona Muse, Karmen Pedaru, Cameron Russell, Edita Vilkeviciute, Suvi Koponen, Kasia Struss and Meghan Collison an icon? They just list any model that was working a few years ago that still picks up a bit of work here and there now matter how B list. They list Abbey Lee and Agyness when they stop modelling and put Gemma on straight away despite not working for years.

The should also get rid of the old icons and new ones. An icon is an icon. Karolina, Alessandra and Candice should be moved to the new supers list and Daria and Liya move to the icons. And Kate Upton shouldn't be on either list!

As for the legends, how can you have Tyra and Heidi? They couldn't even find a decent image of Heidi so use her own perfume ad! Amber, Kristen and Eva should at least be legends,
Come on Hanne is a runway icon. Can anyone list one other model who has consistently booked a big blue chip runway every single season for 11 years without wavering, still booking big new shows 9 years in without exposure from covers or campaigns to help her? Every new model on the runway dreams of that kind of consistency for over a decade but most of them stop booking those shows within a few seasons, let alone 11 years. Her career is truly unique.


Last edited by dsamg; 26-08-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
26-08-2015
  75
Oh Yeah!
 
khyrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Iloilo, Philippines
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,165
I remember the times when MDC would only move gils to the Icons list if they are at least 7+ years already in the industry and still steadily booking jobs. Back when you would rank 1st, 2nd or 3rd on the Top 50, get removed and finally retire on the Icons list. Those caliber of girls. It used to be so much harder to get on that list. Ever since they had the new format a few years ago, anyone can get on the list. I mean, Arizona Muse? An icon already? 2-3 years in her career? And there were many more aside from her

__________________
How aware were you of the fashion world when you started modeling?
Not at all. I thought Fendi was a food. - Sean O'Pry

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
40, 75, fashion, fka, models, spot
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2017 All rights reserved.