Favorite Model Quotes - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-01-2006
backstage pass

Thats actually a pretty funny site. But, after reading what Tyra had to say:
"I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care."
made me think so much less of her. How can you be so ignorant and not see the mere classics? I'm not talking about any B-list art or whatever, but just the basics, Van Gogh, Michelangelo, etc?! I really dont understand, but then again, it's just my opinion...

A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe, from "Faust"
14-04-2006
backstage pass

Favourite Supermodel Quotes
Here are my favs:

"I was the world's first supermodel, and Tyra and all the other models owe me at least a Christmas card every year because I broke down the ethnic barrier to begin with." -Janice Dickinson[1]
"I don't get out of bed for less then 10,000 a day" -Linda Evangelista [2]
"I wish the word supermodel would just fall off the face of the earth. Anyone can be a supermodel now." -Amber Valletta [3]
"I don't know what to do with my arms. It just makes me feel weird and I feel like people are looking at me and that makes me nervous." -Tyra Banks [4]
"Black women don't have the same body image problems as white women. They are proud of their bodies. Black men love big butts." -Tyra Banks [5]
"Once A Supermodel, Always A Supermodel." -Beverly Johnson [6]
"I never diet. I smoke. I drink now and then. I never work out. I work very hard, and I am worth every cent." -Naomi Campbell [7]
"You can't be a model at age 60, but you certainly can be an actress." -Eva Herzigova [8]
"It was kind of boring for me to have to eat. I would know that I had to, and I would." -Kate Moss [9]
"It's something I decided from the very beginning I would never do - nudity." -Claudia Schiffer [10]
"I'd rather go naked than wear fur." -Christy Turlington [11]

SourcE: Wikipedia

14-04-2006
tfs star

All are Janice of course:

"I have a very vivid imagination"
"I've been the queen of dysfunction and made every mistake one can make."
"Without gay men, I am nothing. "

backstage pass

What does she mean by gay men?

14-04-2006
V.I.P.

"We don't vogue. We are vogue"-Linda Evangelista(1990) on the Trinity(her,Naomi & Christy).
"The main reason we do fashion shows, is so we can see each other"-Naomi Campbell(1990) on her & her Super friends.
"No every model wants to be an actress"-Christy Turlington(1990).

14-04-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
What does she mean by gay men?
She means homosexual men.

backstage pass

I know what a gay guy is. I mean what does she mean by she wouldnt have her career if it wasnt for them.

14-04-2006
tfs star

She mentions it in her book. She lived with one and all this other crap... maybe later I will go look it up.

V.I.P.

"When my Azzedine jacket from 1987 died, I wrapped it up in a box, attached a note saying where it came from and took it to the Salvation Army. It was a big loss."-Veronica Webb
"I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak."-Linda Evangelista
"I make a lot of money, but I don't want to talk about that."-Naomi Campbell
"I think, If my butt's not too big for them to be photographing it, then it shouldn't be too big for me."-Christy Turlington
"Naomi delivers, more than most models"-Iman

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 14-04-2006 at 08:46 PM.
14-04-2006
backstage pass

She may not be a supermodel but here's my fav ANTM quote EVER!!!

"Adrianne, stop interrupting me. Stop quoting Jay and Silent Bob right next to my ear; I've had enough of you. [...] Robin, how f***ing dare you show me that 'foolish is the atheist' bible verse this morning, and ask me 'what do I think of it?' What the f*** am I supposed to think of it? And you know what I think of you? Foolish is the woman who believes that g**damn tripe. [...] Giselle, you f***ing worthless c***. You are so... wasteful, bitchy, stupid... you're worthless. Your parents must be ashamed of you. [...] J., you offended me today. I know that medical school is hard work! How could I possibly not be aware of that? It takes a f***ing *** to cover every seat, you s*** slice. [...] Katie, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. You're the most insincere person I've ever met. [...] Damn it, let me f***ing die. You bitches."
- Elyse's rant, America's Next Top Model, cycle one, "Episode 2 - The Girl is Here to Win, Not Make Friends"

SourcE: WIKIPEDIA

14-04-2006
tfs star

I love her use of the word s***slice. I have since included it in my vocabulary!

backstage pass

I dare someone to beat my quote of Elyse as the best ANTM quote ever!! LOL.

14-04-2006
tfs star

Another "gay" Janice quote- literally!

From No Lifeguard
"Gay men- gotta love 'em. They were as damaged as I was. They had grown up the way I'd grown up: with fear and shame and no sense of self-worth and the feeling that there was no place on earth for them. They were my spiritual next of the kin."

backstage pass

Anymore QUOTES? How about from Kate Moss? I honestly have never heard her SPEAK. LOL.

14-04-2006
tfs star

She doesnt do interviews much. But I think one of the few times she spoke on television was her Virgin Moble commercial. And her voice is so pretty.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, model, quotes