How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie
Some funny ones (I am copying them straight from a website, so its got their comments on it):

ON POVERTY "Everyone should have enough money to get plastic surgery."
-- Beverly Johnson

ON FATE "I wish my butt did not go sideways, but I guess I have to face that."
-- Christie Brinkley

ON INNER STRENGTH "I love the confidence that makeup gives me."
-- Tyra Banks

ON TRAVEL "I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care."
-- Tyra Banks

ON HEREDITY "My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she's ugly? You're ugly.'"
-- Beverly Johnson
HMMM. So you're saying Tyra is a supermodel..LOL.
Does any1 have anymore quotes?

25-04-2006
tfs star

Obviously you cant read....
"Some funny ones (I am copying them straight from a website, so its got their comments on it):"

Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Flip246
She may not be a supermodel but here's my fav ANTM quote EVER!!!

"Adrianne, stop interrupting me. Stop quoting Jay and Silent Bob right next to my ear; I've had enough of you. [...] Robin, how f***ing dare you show me that 'foolish is the atheist' bible verse this morning, and ask me 'what do I think of it?' What the f*** am I supposed to think of it? And you know what I think of you? Foolish is the woman who believes that g**damn tripe. [...] Giselle, you f***ing worthless c***. You are so... wasteful, bitchy, stupid... you're worthless. Your parents must be ashamed of you. [...] J., you offended me today. I know that medical school is hard work! How could I possibly not be aware of that? It takes a f***ing *** to cover every seat, you s*** slice. [...] Katie, I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. You're the most insincere person I've ever met. [...] Damn it, let me f***ing die. You bitches."
- Elyse's rant, America's Next Top Model, cycle one, "Episode 2 - The Girl is Here to Win, Not Make Friends"

SourcE: WIKIPEDIA
That scared me!

25-04-2006
fashion insider

A lot of these quotes are hilarious.

Elyse Sewell from Top Model, by the way, is a pretty good writer and has a popular blog as well as a published book to her credit.

25-04-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogrl5
That scared me!
IT'S FUNNY!! LOL.

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeUpJunkie

ON TRAVEL "I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care."
-- Tyra Banks
God what an idiot. I think the problem with those girls back then was they really bought and lived the model is stupid concept. I like girls like Sasha now who draw, or like Lily who read and finish their studies etc etc.

25-04-2006
fashion elite

^tyra is stupid. How can you go to Paris and not SEE the Eiffel Tower? Beats me...

25-04-2006
V.I.P.

The part that bothered me was that she didn't care. How awful to sound so uneducated and be proud of it.

The following quotes really annoyed me too:

"I would rather exercise than read a newspaper."
— Kim Alexis

Cant you do both dear?

ON HEREDITY "My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she's ugly? You're ugly.'"
-- Beverly Johnson

Such an... uncouth thing to say.

I LOVED:

"the more visible they make me, the more invisible i become."
Kate Moss.

Kate has sounded very stupid in the past (look at her trying to answer a reporter about anorexia in the Christy Turlington Catwalk movie) but I think it is a lack of education more than anything. I think that naturally she is phenomenally sharp. And sometimes, this quote for a start, she can seem so sad behind the exciting life she lives. Almost like Monroe who had a sadness behind her eyes. When you type Kate Moss 1995 into youtube, a movie comes up where she is mentioning the worst part of being a model. And she says it is that she always has to leave whenever she gets comfortable in a place. She says it with such quiet resignation. I suppose there is always a price for fame and fortune and for Kate Moss it is a slightly sad life.

25-04-2006
fashion elite

^exactly. Alot of celebrities "identify" with the masses by being proud of their more commonplace backgrounds or something but Tyras overdoing it there. She just sounds like some retarded hillbilly.

26-04-2006
backstage pass

Famous supermodel quotes

"I was the world's first supermodel, and Tyra and all the other models owe me at least a Christmas card every year because I broke down the ethnic barrier to begin with." -Janice Dickinson on ethnicity
"Christie Brinkley was no competition for me, because I was on the covers of Frecnh Vogue,Italian Vogue."-Janice Dickinson on Christie Brinkley
"I don't get out of bed for less then 10,000 a day" -Linda Evangelista on money
"Now I get out of bed for a much better reason. I'm part of a team that raises millions of dollars and raises awareness of HIV and Aids all over the world." -Linda Evangelista on HIV and Aids awareness
"I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak." -Linda Evangelista on modeling.
"I don't know what to do with my arms. It just makes me feel weird and I feel like people are looking at me and that makes me nervous." -Tyra Banks on modeling
"Black women don't have the same body image problems as white women. They are proud of their bodies. Black men love big butts." -Tyra Banks on black women
"I love the confidence that makeup gives me." -Tyra Banks on inner strength
"Once A Supermodel, Always A Supermodel." -Beverly Johnsonon on supermodel fame
"Everyone should have enough money to get plastic surgery." -Beverly Johnsonon on poverty
"I never diet. I smoke. I drink now and then. I never work out. I work very hard, and I am worth every cent." -Naomi Campbell on her health
"You can't be a model at age 60, but you certainly can be an actress." -Eva Herzigova on acting.
"It's something I decided from the very beginning I would never do - nudity." -Claudia Schiffer on posing nude.
“I actually don't meet very many men because they are, I guess, afraid to approach me or think that I'm from another planet.” -Claudia Schiffer on men
"I'd rather go naked than wear fur." -Christy Turlington on posing nude.
"When my Azzedine jacket from 1987 died, I wrapped it up in a box, attached a note saying where it came from and took it to the Salvation Army. It was a big loss." -Veronica Webb on losing her jacket
"Modeling is about illusion. It's a fantasy world where models play various roles. By featuring extreme looks, magazines show women how to have fun with makeup and clothes, and to inspire them to experiment - just like we did when we were little girls." -Cindy Crawford on modeling
"When I model I pretty much go blank. You can't think too much or it doesn't work." -Paulina Porizkova on thought
"There are only five top models in the world: Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer.” -Valeria Mazza on top models of the supermodel era
"By that time Cindy,Naomi,Christy & Linda had defined themselves as the Supermodels for their generation." -Veronica Webb on the top models of the supermodel era
"That's not what Supermodeling is all about, it's about carrying yourself like a Queen." -Veronica Webb on supermodel
"I felt that was huge prejudice. That was a black girl at the time, Beverly Johnson, and they made her feel like she was in competition with me." -Iman on racism
"You know they're like Superheros." -Tyson Beckford on the supermodel era
"There truly only three or four girls I would name as a Supermodel." -Daniela Pestova on supermodel
"I would rather exercise than read a newspaper." -Kim Alexis on reading a newspaper
"Before, being a model, it was just a job, and I was making fun of it. But today, I take my career more seriously. The fact that a reader may buy an Armani item because she'd seen it on me in a magazine is very important to me. So much so that I intend to launch my own label." -Milla Jovovich on modeling
"I am not yet comfortable with the media. I'm afraid of the unknown. I'm shy and am trying to overcome my fears." -Veronica Varekova on modeling
""I remember the moment when I looked at a newsstand and stared at myself on a cover for the first time. Weird!" -Frederique van der Wal on seeing her first magazine cover
"I have done it. I have everything I want. I have made enough money to secure my family and that is all I care about." -Natalia Vodianova on her goals
"All my doctors said I should become a model." -Niki Taylor on modeling
"They are about taking something that's going on in here [the heart] and projecting it out. In fashion, the clothes are like the script." -Shalom Harlow on acting and modeling
"At school I got harassed so badly for being too tall, too thin, too pale - too everything that has gotten me where I am now, which is quite ironic." -Karen Elson on her looks
"It's harder than you think it is ... It's a lot of long hours, a lot of traveling and a lot of being away from your friends and family." Heather Marks on modeling
"I never really cared about what I looked like." -Gemma Ward on her looks

Source: Wikipedia

26-04-2006
backstage pass

Do you guys have any quotes of models talking about other models?

26-04-2006
backstage pass

"It's kind of like acting. Today you're a romantic woman; you think about "Romeo and Juliet." Another day, you're a little devil." -Izabel Goulart on modeling

"With modeling, you are judged on your looks. It's easy to take that personally, but you have to realise that it's only your appearance that's being judged, not you as a whole. If you didn't, you'd be destroyed." -Jessica Stam on modeling

It was God who made me so beautiful.
If I weren't, then I'd be a teacher. -Linda Evangelista on HERSELF LOL

Last edited by Lil_Flip246; 26-04-2006 at 03:28 PM.
26-04-2006
fashion insider

Here's a quote from photographer Steve Landis about Janice:

Quote:
One of the original Supermodels of the mid ’70‘s — early ’80’s, Janice Dickinson was simply super. Janice Dickinson understood the camera and the craft of modelling better than anyone that I ever met, with the possible exception of Linda Evangelista. We are talking about star quality; what Julia Roberts is to acting or Donovan McNabb to football. You get the idea.

stevelandis.com

26-04-2006
scenester

Blimey. If you search youtube as well as the documentary clip about 'moving places' when you search kate moss, theres also one titled 'kate moss wearing a helmet' which takes a bit of enigma out of her.
sad really, I love kate moss.

Last edited by Tightasyoulike; 26-04-2006 at 05:16 PM.
28-04-2006
fashion insider

Janice:

Quote:
I was the star of "America's Next Top Model," as far as I'm concerned. And as far as my boss, Tyra, she used to say, "Well, I'm the producer." And I was like, "Yeah, but you weren't in Vogue that much." I really do respect what she does, but [her contestants] are not supermodels. I coined the term. I ate, slept and s**t modeling, and I'm still doing it. And that's what I'm prepared to do.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, model, quotes