Favorite Model Quotes - Page 6 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-05-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Some quotes from todays 'Top Models':

"At school I got harassed so badly for being too tall, too thin, too pale - too everything that has gotten me where I am now, which is quite ironic." -Karen Elson on her looks [32]
"It's harder than you think it is ... It's a lot of long hours, a lot of traveling and a lot of being away from your friends and family." Heather Marks on modeling [33]
"I never really cared about what I looked like." -Gemma Ward on her looks [34]
"It's kind of like acting. Today you're a romantic woman; you think about "Romeo and Juliet." Another day, you're a little devil." -Izabel Goulart on modeling [35]
"With modeling, you are judged on your looks. It's easy to take that personally, but you have to realise that it's only your appearance that's being judged, not you as a whole. If you didn't, you'd be destroyed." -Jessica Stam on modeling
"Honestly, I wish I could've lived in their time. They had so much fun." -Liya Kebede on the supermodel era

07-12-2007
front row

This thread just needs to be revived, there are some real sweet quotes here and I'd love to see more.

Korshunova.Roslyakova.Kershaw.Ellingson.Farkullina.Onopka.Horst.Tretter.Celaya

07-04-2009
V.I.P.

Favorite Model Quotes
There was a thread entitled "Favorite Designer Quotes" and I thought there would be a "Favorite Model Quotes" thread, but couldn't find it . So I thought I'd start one. There are many quotes on NYmag.com, when you go to Model Tracker.

Probably one of my most favorites are:
"Now every time I go to the dentist they always say, 'you really need to fix that gap of yours' I'm like, 'my gap is paying your dentist bills'" - Lara Stone, from i-D.

“Modelling is great, but studies came first.” - Lily Cole, FemaleFirst.

“Be patient. Be confident in yourself. Anything can happen if you really work at it. Never give up. It’s corny, but never give up.” - Karlie Kloss, Teen Vogue

“In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” - Sasha P., Vogue
^ too cute.

“I don't think of myself as pretty. I am what I am.” - Isabeli Fontana, askmen

What are you're favorite quotations by the models themselves??

Last edited by haksare; 07-04-2009 at 11:36 AM.
07-04-2009
backstage pass

Great idea for a thread.

“Maybe a few times my boobs have popped out of an outfit — but that happens.” Jourdan Dunn

27-08-2009
trendsetter

Iekeliene Stange
"I was never really into fashion before being scouted in Holland. I was a little punk rocker with red dreadlocks, a nose ring, and covered in rainbow bracelets." Teenvogue.com

"You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I'm sure." New York magazine, February 26, 2007
by Tanya Dziahileva
"It's always something different and always something very interesting." Ftv.com by Maryna Linchuk

Last edited by Sailor; 27-08-2009 at 01:54 PM.

27-08-2009
V.I.P.

"I love you gays" - Maryna Linchuk (I think she once posted that herself on her thread or said it in an interview)

front row

"I will save the planet"
-Vlada Roslyakova

V.I.P.

"Someone bet me 30 cents to make Hilary Rhoda laugh on the runway and I won!" - Coco Rocha
“When Toni [Garrn] and I were doing Calvin Klein, we did the Soulja Boy dance a lot.” - Ali Stephens

27-08-2009
!

“I haven‘t partied since... last Friday!”-Kate Moss

27-08-2009
V.I.P.

Naomi Campbell
"I work hard and I'm worth every cent"

28-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ Oh yeah, sure

backstage pass

"I don't care about money, I just want to be wonderful" Sasha

30-08-2009
devil in the details

^ Aw that is sooo sweet!

I love this quote, it always makes me laugh

"And the shoes...oh my god THE SHOES! I love the shoes, so beautiful..." Flavia de Oliviera

30-08-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lainey~ View Post
"I don't care about money, I just want to be wonderful" Sasha
Wasn't it Marilyn Monroe that said that.

30-08-2009
fashion elite

Natalia Vodianova
“I have done it. I have everything I want. I have made enough money to secure my family and that is all I care about.”

“Success comes from happiness.”

“My mother – a single mum with three children – was almost too kind to other people, so nobody really got to understand her. Unless you have vanity, it’s very challenging for a woman to love herself.”

“I come from a background where opportunities don’t come easily, so I lack the confidence of an achiever. I feel a constant need to prove myself.”

“Working on a fruit stall in Russia taught me how to experience physical pain. It’s nothing compared with emotional pain, because it’s controllable. I found childbirth a beautiful, natural pain; it’s part of a woman’s personal evolution.”

“Living with my invalid sister was like living with a grown-up baby, and the feeling of rejection from my community almost killed me. But that pain is very cleansing – if you make one small, positive step, you see new roads.”

“Russians are very straightforward – we speak with our emotions. I used to fight everything, but the English way is much better – it saves your nerves.”

“Men don’t discuss their problems. That’s what keeps them manly and perfect.”

“I find it hard to enjoy being alone to appreciate the stillness of life. Maybe it’s a fear of abandonment – I grew up in a small place surrounded by people, but also missing a father figure.”

“I get unhappy if I don’t go for a walk. Getting everything in my body moving clears the head. It’s part of human existence to be on the move.”

“Hard work is my etiquette in life. I will never just sit around and do nothing.”

Last edited by Ochi Chernye; 30-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, model, quotes