How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
That's really stupid. Almost as stupid as getting your boyfriend's / girlfriend's name tattoo.
It sounds like that You haven't got any friends. Good friends. Soulmates. I would tattoo all of my friends names on my skin in a heartbeat. They mean the world to me.

But I agree that getting a tattoo of your boyfriend's/girlfriend's name is stupid. Relationships doesn't always last, but friendship is forever.

22-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisa_Ihmemaassa View Post
It sounds like that You haven't got any friends. Good friends. Soulmates. I would tattoo all of my friends names on my skin in a heartbeat. They mean the world to me.

But I agree that getting a tattoo of your boyfriend's/girlfriend's name is stupid. Relationships doesn't always last, but friendship is forever.
Um i think its abit stupid saying that Teja doesnt have any friends or good friends just because she said that getting a tatt of a bf or gf is stupid! and i agree. it is. because if u break up then u have to have the name of u for a longggg time.

22-06-2009
Blood On The Leaves

^My thoughts exactly.

22-06-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza View Post
Um i think its abit stupid saying that Teja doesnt have any friends or good friends just because she said that getting a tatt of a bf or gf is stupid! and i agree. it is. because if u break up then u have to have the name of u for a longggg time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
^My thoughts exactly.
My intention wasn't to hurt Your feelings and I apologize. I'm truly sorry. Of course You have friends, no doubt about that. The post just gave the impression You didn't. I really regret my earlier post Truce?

The way you replied to my post, by saying it's stupid to take a tattoo of a friends name made me wonder... I thought the idea of a tattoo with a friends (and I wan't to emphasize a friends, not bf's/gf's name) name is most flattering, not stupid.

22-06-2009
tfs star

i share that opinion with Teja. i love my friends now and i especially care for specific ones, but who's to say i'll be friends with them forever? if i want something to look back at, to remind me of the friendship i once had, i would find many other things to get tattooed on me than a name. but you know, tomayto, tomahto.

Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisa_Ihmemaassa View Post
My intention wasn't to hurt Your feelings and I apologize. I'm truly sorry. Of course You have friends, no doubt about that. The post just gave the impression You didn't. I really regret my earlier post Truce?

The way you replied to my post, by saying it's stupid to take a tattoo of a friends name made me wonder... I thought the idea of a tattoo with a friends (and I wan't to emphasize a friends, not bf's/gf's name) name is most flattering, not stupid.
You didn't hurt my feelings. Truce.

Exactly KiroTV! You never know what will happen in the future. I love my friends. I can tell them everything and they're there for me when I need them (and via versa) but life's full of surprises (I'm telling this from my own experience(s)).

23-06-2009
backstage pass

Don't mean to gang up on you Liisa, but I agree with Teja and KiroTV. May be you are lucky to have found wonderful friends that will stick by your side through all times, but usually friendships just are not as permanent as relationship with family. And tattoos should document something long-lasting, unless you are Angelina Jolie and can afford many laser removal sessions.

It is very flattering to tattoo a friend's name on oneself, and I guess this is so rare because most people reckon friendships may be too fragile.

23-06-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verene View Post
Don't mean to gang up on you Liisa, but I agree with Teja and KiroTV. May be you are lucky to have found wonderful friends that will stick by your side through all times, but usually friendships just are not as permanent as relationship with family. And tattoos should document something long-lasting, unless you are Angelina Jolie and can afford many laser removal sessions.

It is very flattering to tattoo a friend's name on oneself, and I guess this is so rare because most people reckon friendships may be too fragile.
totally agree with you.

most friendships come & go, however a few nearly last forever.
imo the best friendships are when you've been away for a while and then come back and it's like you've never been away and when you go through tough times, you realize who your real friends are.
though i wouldn't get a tat of any of my friends names ...

23-06-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiroTV View Post
if i want something to look back at, to remind me of the friendship i once had, i would find many other things to get tattooed on me than a name. .
exactly. i'll def. do something for my friend one day, other than her name though it's the same as mine that would be a great excuse in case we were no longer friends. haha

23-06-2009
front row

Ok, back to the subject!

Funny arcticle on models with tattoos: http://www.squidoo.com/models-with-tattoos

Alessandra Ambrosio

Ana Beatriz Barros

Nicole Trunfio

100besteverything.com

23-06-2009
oh! darling

I can never look at Nicole's tattoo the same way again without thinking about Chanel's UGLY A$$ tattoo.

front row

^ Haha yeah, but Nicole's is cute, while Chanel's... ugh.

24-06-2009
backstage pass

^^ I thought that's Amanda Moore's tattoo? Anyways Chanel Iman's is just atrocious not only the hanger looks crooked, she had to add her stupid name below. I have never seen anyone so conceited.

25-06-2009
fashion icon

isabeli by snarkerati.com

V.I.P.

Fabiana Semprebom's

little red heart

Juliana Imai's

195.239.40.154/fashion_shows.asp

Last edited by FRANCY ITALY; 28-06-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
female, models, tattoos