How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2005
backstage pass

I'm newer to the fashion world than most of you but...

...back when I watched MTV, I noticed this really cool tough chick during one of the Fashionably Loud shows. She really stood out because I could care less about models at the time. But I didn't know her name. Then years later I saw a backstage picture and noticed it was the same girl. That's when I found out her name was Omahyra.

From there I started watching the shows to see her walk, then I stumbled into The Fashion Spot. But since Omahyra doesn't seem to work as much these days, I've added Amanda Moore, Erin W, Diana Dondoe, Isabeli to the list of favs. And on the all time list, Gia Carangi was fabulous.

18-01-2005
backstage pass

I can still remember the day as vividly as if it occured yesterday.
I stumbled upon the Gianni Versace Show during fashion Week in Milano, on T.V.
There were tons of models on the runway, all adorn in stunning and breathtaking dresses, but then my breath stopped when I saw the most amazing, beautiful, and maginificant face, presence and body on the runway.......Cindy Crawford. She looked like a goddess.....so surreal, timeless, and astounding. I regard her as the first supermodel, and she was the one who really got me interested and involved in fashion, designers, and models.
It would still be an honor for me to be able to meet her, and thank her

19-01-2005
fashion insider

Carmen Kass on her model profile on fashion file or something like that. I never liked anyone else until I saw Angela's Dior hardcore ads. Now I love Carmen, Angela, Ai, and Kate.

Last edited by Foxie-Pooh; 19-01-2005 at 12:09 AM.
19-01-2005
backstage pass

When I was 14 I bought a (I think it was) German Elle and there was an editorial with Milla Jovovich. It was a grey-ish, spacelike story, and she was soo beautiful I couldn't believe she was only about a month older than me. I liked fashion and models before, but that was the first model that really struck me.

Soon after that I discoverd Kate Moss (that picture of her in black stockings and Viv Westwood heels in a bathroom ) and she became my favorite model. I don't like Milla that much anymore, but I still feel the amazement when I think about that first editorial I saw.

21-01-2005
windowshopping

Julien :)
Hey Guys - my first post here The first model I fell in love with? Julien Hedquist. Back when I knew nothing about fashion haha. Now I work in fashion. I think he is an amazing model - so unique. Has the most amazing eyes hmmmmmmmmmm.

21-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBl0ndie
You took this thread to a whole new level.
i eventually found out he was a coke dealer ( i dont like people who do this stuff)

i still want to take him back but my friends wont let me...

21-01-2005
NOE
trendsetter

This very cover made me fall in love with Christy Turlington...

I was 14 and I totally remember buying it! She is a timeless beauty that still looks just as amazing 12 years later. I can never wrap my brain around how flawless her face is.

backstage pass

ohhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFashion
Hey Guys - my first post here The first model I fell in love with? Julien Hedquist. Back when I knew nothing about fashion haha. Now I work in fashion. I think he is an amazing model - so unique. Has the most amazing eyes hmmmmmmmmmm.
the same here i get butterflies seeing him....ohh im fainting

22-01-2005
rising star

I had liked other models before last summer, such as Kate Moss and Gisele Bundchen, but I fell in love with Gemma Ward when I first saw her in the May/June 2004 issue of Teen Vogue. The magazine had published a backstage photo of her wearing a red plaid coat for a Prada show, and it didn't take long before I was completely besotted with her unique beauty.

18-02-2005
scenester

I first fell in love with Gemma Ward, after reading a newspaper article about her and seeing her on FTV. But then, I saw Caroline Trentini and I've been 'under her spell' ever since.

18-02-2005
front row

Saw this girl who caught my eye in the social pages of Harper's Bazaar. "Angela Lindvall", wearing this cute yellow dress cut at her knees, black cardigan and LV bag. This sort of wilting, model-perfect look on her face. Immediately I was intrigued at who this beautiful specimen was, so I googled her, and I've adored her adamantly since. Her body of work throughout the years is just super impressive and I honestly feel something when I see her pictures that I don't get from any other model. Plus I've come to learn more of her personality and values, beliefs, morals and so on, which have merely served to reinforce my like of her.

18-02-2005
tfs star

I first fell in love with Gisele Bundchen

18-02-2005
I love model_mom!

I am showing my age her, but I would have to say that I loved Niki Taylor when I saw her in magazines for the first time. She was so young, fresh and beautiful. I loved her smile! I wanted to look just like her even though it wasn't possible.....I have always been interested in fashion, but really got interested in models again when my sister Ali started modeling.

front row

For me it was Carmen Kass. I still adore her. It was while I was in high school that I first fell for her. I developed an obsession with fashion magazines and models. I would bring them to school and have my friends practice ID-ing the girls in the editorials. I have saved almost all of my magazines since that time (although most of them are partially cut up) and Vogue 1999-Present (as well as other publications) currently occupy three shelves of the bookcase in my study at my parents' home.

18-02-2005
front row

mine was nikki taylor. when she was a spokesperson for cover girl i would scour my moms magazines and try to find pictures of her to stare at. i would think "wow, i want to look like her when i grow up" because we had similar features. she stands the most outi litearlly have so many memories of her.

christy turlington i love because she's from my area.
kate moss is a mention too, i loved her, still do.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
model