How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2011
fashion elite

absolutely!! she's already 'leached', so they need someone new...

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

But pro7.de says "gntm 2012" so i guess it'll Be aired Next Year. But iwonder Why they already do the Casting. Maybe it Starts on tv in janurary

fashion icon

Well, it certainly feels strange that they start casting so early.

I wonder why the girl that had to quit the show in 2010 because she was too young and her school freaked out - can't remember her name - hadn't tried it last time again ... I thought she were promissing ...

Any news about the jury? Will Thomas&Thomas stay?

V.I.P.

^Do you mean Aline Kautz, the one who had braces? I really liked her.

I think they probably always do some castings quite early one but that they're promoting it more this time because of the lack of press for Jana. She's a bit of a flop so far. I thought she was going to be a really popular winner. Guess not.

17-07-2011
fashion icon

Ja, exactly, the one with the braces! Somehow I found her very fascinating.

And you're absolutely right with Jana, what with GNTM-title and the bad press it'll be really hard for her to get a foot in the business ...

V.I.P.

Yes, I also thought Aline had potential. Very unique face and very photogenic. Maybe she gets signed with a real agency instead of returning to GNTM

And Jana isn't even that young, right? If she doesn't take her chance now there's no way she's going be be big. Just look at what happened to Jennifer Hof.

18-07-2011
fashion icon

YES, what the heck happened to Jennifer Hof! Isn't it strange you go through all those often highly ridiculous things GNTM demands, you win the title, and then ... absolutely nothing happens? You go back to school and that's it, huh?
And Jana is 20 at least (too lazy to look it up right now), if she didn't want to do it right, she should have make room for Rebecca. I'm not a fan of her, but she really really wanted the title so badly (and I have to admit she looked good at some of the Berlin shows). Now I wonder why going for the title if you don't want it afterwards, I mean, we had a lot of GNMTs before, you know exactly what lies ahead, all those cheap Promo-appointments, C&A stuff, Charity events etcetcetc. Jana should have been well prepared. I doubt it is a personal matter, as the rumor goes. I guess it's rather a conflict between her and the management ... what with Alisar sued them and stuff, they don't seem to be the nicest ones around, do they?

Jana seems to become the greatest GNTM disappointment for me followed by Jennifer Hof and Barbara.
Maaan, Barbara should've made it internationally. She had 2 or 3 fantastic editorials and remember those fabulous stuff she did in Italy, what was it, Riani or something? The glossy shoe adverts? And she had this lookbook stuff in an old manor/castle/whatever - she was looking great there too. But then she had so many tacky editorials and ads too, some of the Turkey stuff still give me the creeps ...

V.I.P.

Well I have high hopes for Alisar, she's represented by Wilhelmina NY (Image) and Elite Models London, both amazing agencies. Her Paris agency (City Models) is a thorn in the flesh but once she's getting a good reputation from other main markets she'll leave for sure.

As for Barbara's career. Don't get me wrong, she's good-looking and has charisma, but her potential as a model was quite limited. I rather see an amazing actress in her than a model who could kill the competition.

Who manages ONeeins management? Their director seems to have a terrible eye.

18-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMELita View Post
Maaan, Barbara should've made it internationally. She had 2 or 3 fantastic editorials and remember those fabulous stuff she did in Italy, what was it, Riani or something? The glossy shoe adverts? And she had this lookbook stuff in an old manor/castle/whatever - she was looking great there too. But then she had so many tacky editorials and ads too, some of the Turkey stuff still give me the creeps ...
You mean the Fabi ads?

And don't get me started on Jenny

18-07-2011
fashion icon

Ah yes, it was Fabi, thanks for clearing and the link, JungleCat! Gorgeous shots!!

@CologneRocks: you don't really think she would make a good actress! The Muller spot ... the McDonalds spot ... nnnnnaaaah!!! Though you might have a point with her limited potential, there are much more girls around who are neither as charismatic nor that good looking but somehow get booked nevertheless. I won't name anyone and of course it's a matter of personal taste, but ...

V.I.P.

CarMElita I was thinking the exact same thing about it being unfair of Jana to even compete in the finale when she apparently didn't even want to win. I'm not a fan of Beccy either but she would definitely have been a way better winner than Jana. Beccy is the kind of girl that could probably have become a second Heidi Klum, she's smart and she not only has potential as a model but also as a businesswoman. She knows exactly what she wants and how she gets it and she would pimp the sh*t out of herself for fame and her model career.

Barbara is still my favorite GNTM winner. But she most likely wasn't determined enough to make it big either.
My fave GNTM girl is still Mandy Bork. Great walk, pleasant face & personality, very ambitious. It's a shame she didn't win but it's good to see she still tries even if she hasn't been nearly as successful yet as she would deserve to be.

18-07-2011
trendsetter

I'm still not sure if it was Jana's fault/wish/whatever to skip Fashion Week. There must have been a good cause to do so

I blame One-Eins for bad crisis communication

I'm with you guys on Rebecca, not a fan at all. But she is very determined and looked great at Hoschek. She will definitely find her niche!

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

does Rebecca work as a model now?

trendsetter

@myown

She did some shows at Berlin Fashion Week (Lena Hoschek, Minx, Chicas Walk by Jorge, not sure if there was more).

from rtvgames and celeblounge

Video of "Chicas Walk" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwoiQyHnIa8

Last edited by JungleCat; 19-07-2011 at 06:11 AM.
19-07-2011
V.I.P.

^
thanks for the pics and link

Tags
germany, heidi, klum, topmodel