How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Hello,

My name is Nadia Vall and I am the main persona in the "documentary" the "Girl Story".

The two film makers David Raymon and Ashley Sabin came to Russia and Japan to film a documentary about me and the modeling business.However what they have actually done is that they have cut and pasted segments of that film so that the result purely suites their needs and does not reflect the truth or the reality in any manner. We now have come to sadly realize that their intent was not to film a true documentary but rather, they wanted to make a film to portray a very negative image on the modeling business in general. They wanted to cast a dark shadow on the modeling industry so then they could create a negative sensation that usually interests the Western public more and excites the Media.

Moreover, what they have done is a gross disgrace to journalism and a big slap to the fashion industry. They have poured dirt on Japanese agencies in particular that absolutely do not deserve such a negative image. These two producers have no regard to the other innocent people involved in their fraudulent film and have no moral or ethical values. Their true motive is simply greed - as they have used me a - 13 year old girl then and have tricked and used many other people to make a false and disgusting "documentary" to simply make money. Today they are lying to the whole world as they are trying to gain fame by pretending to be "protectors" of young models.

However, now that I have grown, let me speak the truth about David Raymon. He is a psychologist who is a knifing manipulator and a sexual predator. I think he picked me - a 13 year old girl, and targeted me from day one deliberately. During his visit to Japan he made sexual advances at me. He told me that he was above God and that he had the power to destroy my career and he started pressuring me.... I started crying and I wanted to go home and he took advantage of that and started filming..... He flew to Japan alone several times to meet with me. Until today David keeps calling me as he is obsessed by me.

I think the Fashion Industry and the Movie Industry should be aware of sick sexual predators like David Raymon. He is a great danger to young girls world wide and especially to young models. He should be barred from filming or even from coming close to young girls.

The whole documentary is a hoax as the "protector" is the real predator. He is the hungry wolf in the chickens' hen disguised in a sheep skin.

Hereby, I would like to conclude that I am a very happy and satisfied model. Above all, I am very grateful to Noah Models for being where I am today as they found me, and gave me the rare opportunity to travel and work world wide. I also would like to thank Japan for being such a great country for opening its doors wide to many beginning models, who get a great career start there. I love modeling and I hope to reach the very top of the Fashion Business some day.

The world should know the truth, and the "Girl Story" is NOT a true story and maybe the True Girl Story is yet to be made.

Sincerely,

Nadia Vall

20-07-2012
windowshopping

wonder how tigran blackmailed her! she's reading the speech from his cabinet...

04-08-2012
fashion elite

guys! can you reload the movie? please!

front row

I watched this movie today. That's great that Nadya has happy life now and she enjoyed her modelling life

29-10-2012
you soft and only

Canadians can watch it online here.

25-03-2013
V.I.P.

PBS is airing girl model now in the states.

you can view it here.
http://video.pbs.org/video/2343930481

25-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
PBS is airing girl model now in the states.

you can view it here.
http://video.pbs.org/video/2343930481
I saw this last night and it is very depressing. The model scout Ashley doesn't come off well at all. She's obviously conflicted. She hates the modeling industry but it has also provided her financial independence and the ability to buy a home. The fact that she approached the documentary makers with the idea of doing "Girl Model" as a movie about the intersection of modeling with prostitution tells you everything you need to know about how much she detests the industry she is now part of but can't seem to pull herself away from.
But ultimately the industry comes looking the worst, with the lies agencies tell to lure the girls, cheat them out of their pay, and break the laws that seek to protect the girls.
And the one modeling agent who actually says that he was a military officer who killed people and now is in the modeling business to give back to humanity was absolutely delusion defined.

Last edited by woemwoem; 25-03-2013 at 06:58 PM.
25-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
I saw this last night and it is very depressing. The model scout Ashley doesn't come off well at all. She's obviously conflicted. She hates the modeling industry but it has also provided her financial independence and the ability to buy a home. The fact that she approached the documentary makers with the idea of doing "Girl Model" as a movie about the intersection of modeling with prostitution tells you everything you need to know about how much she detests the industry she is now part of but can't seem to pull herself away from.
But ultimately the industry comes looking the worst, with the lies agencies tell to lure the girls, cheat them out of their pay, and break the laws that seek to protect the girls.
And the one modeling agent who actually says that he was a military officer who killed people and now is in the modeling business to give back to humanity was absolutely delusion defined.
i watched this today and i was in the bathroom while ashley was explaining how she got her 2 million dollar house in Connecticut...did she get it from modeling or selling stocks or something? or did she marry some rich guy she met while modeling?

was the modeling agent trying to say he was a military officer in a past life?

13-04-2013
fashion insider

For those in the US (and maybe elsewhere?) this has just been added to Netflix!

rising star

Wow. It just got real.

I watched this documentary. And I felt that most of the people in it were skeevy, except for Nadia. I'm sorry that she had a terrible experience with the release of this film.

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyna View Post
I watched this movie today. That's great that Nadya has happy life now and she enjoyed her modelling life
You actually believe that?! She's clearly still a young girl who's being manipulated exactly like she was in the movie. I won't discredit her statements about Raymon as I have no knowledge or right to, but for her to praise her her agency/the Japanese modeling industry, and to say everything that happened in the film was an exaggeration or misportrayal is ridiculous.

All of the adults in this film were despicable -- her parents first and foremost (I realize they come from poverty, but to send a 13 year old kid off on their own to another country is completely irresponsible), the agents,

and man, Ashley Arbaugh is such a sad and hollow human being, although I guess you'd have to be to do her job (to destroy girls lives the way hers was destroyed), I found her mental state to be incredibly disturbing.

It really reminds you that a lot of the girls in this industry are just that, girls, not women, who shouldn't be looked at in the way they are or dealt the extra burdens that come with a working in such a unregulated (and often smutty) industry.

21-04-2013
front row

I just watched this yesterday and found it so interesting. I see that Ashley got married, had a kid, and runs an ethical clothing line now, so maybe that documentary finally forced her to take some responsibility for what she was doing.

I know she was very weird, but she still had an alluring quality to her. Are there any more photos from her modeling days around? All I could find was this.

Quote:

tokyoweekender

2nd. Feb, 2001.

Not all of the girls, though, visit Tokyo for monetary or marketability reasons. Ashley Holland Arbaugh, who graces our front page, came to soak in Japan’s culture. “I am taking tea ceremony lessons on the weekends while I am here,” she says. “I have already bought my house, so I before I start university, I wanted to see more of the world.”

She has seen quite a bit already. Born in Michigan, she has spent the better part of the last three years modeling in Paris, London and Milan. She now resides and models in New York. When asked about her goals for modeling, she laughs.

“I don’t really have any. I started modeling a bit late at 17 and in the past three years have got a lot from it. I am looking forward to studying design and ceramics,” she says.

21-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
i watched this today and i was in the bathroom while ashley was explaining how she got her 2 million dollar house in Connecticut...did she get it from modeling or selling stocks or something? or did she marry some rich guy she met while modeling?
She said it was just real estate. She bought a small house and made money every time she sold her houses consequently. She was also the NY booker for Elite models, which they didn't mention and she was also working as a fashion designer, so I guess she was making money from that as well.

27-06-2014
V.I.P.

For those in Australia it is currently streaming free on SBS On Demand.

28-07-2014
front row

Well, I think it's a touching and in parts really honest documentary: it is irresponsible to send a 13 year old child off alone to another continent (although in this case the documentary team was with her, obviously).

But the conclusion that Nadya went out in debt is rather stupid: no agency will make their models actually pay their debts; it just goes to their account and they will try to find work for the model so the account is balanced again.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
documentary, girl model