How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-07-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretforest View Post
i think that was lily cole.

Sorrry!! My bad! I copied + pasted the wrong one.

Mods - please change to Lily Cole

15-07-2008
backstage pass

Iselin Steiro:
Quote:
Iselin was discovered in 1999 while Christmas shopping with her parents in London. In fact, she was scouted twice on the same trip. The first scout was turned down by her mother who answered "over my dead body", when asked if Iselin would be interested in modeling. The second scout sent a letter to a local agency in Norway, which sought her up in Harstad. After her father went with her to one of her first jobs, he gave the "OK".
Wiki

15-07-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
River Jensen was discovered last year by former Teen Vogue intern Emily Weiss.
From Supreme Blog

16-07-2008
backstage pass

Is Sasha Pivovarova's husband the guy who discovered her and told her to pursue modelling?

backstage pass

^Yes, well now he's her husband, anyway.

10-07-2009
fashion icon

Toni Garrn at Public Viewig during the World Champions Cup.
Julia Stegner on the "Oktoberfest" in Munich
Emina Cunmulaj went into an agency and asked if she could be a model
Adriana Lima in a Shopping Mall while shopping with her mum(??)

oh! darling

At Oktober Fest in Munich? Good thing she's damn pretty because I can only imagine what she was doing at Fest that couldn't have left a good impression.

V.I.P.

Franziska Drude was apparently scouted by lying down her towel next to Claudia Midolo (owner of Hamburg agency Modelwerk) at the public outdoor-pool (Freibad?)

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0VE View Post
Bianca Balti:

Quote:
Discovered in a supermarket where she was employed to finance her studies, by Bruno Paulette, a scout of Modelschule.
Her website
I rememebr reading an article about her on Vanity Fair around 2004, she said she had short orange hair (cause she tried to going blonde) when she has been discovered

11-07-2009
front row

Luke Worrall:

Originally dreamed to be a punk rocker, and was training to be an electrician, Worrall was discovered in 2007 coming back from the skate park with his friends in Camden, UK, when a D1 agent stopped him and asked him if he was interested in modeling.

Last edited by pitumpah; 11-07-2009 at 04:25 PM.
12-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
kelsey van mook- I was scouted when I was 14. One day after school I was at the mall with my friend sitting on a bench, and a scout who's name is Corey, came and asked me if I'd thought of modeling, he gave me his card I gave it to my mom.

Anna de Rijk won a modeling contest on a Dutch television station.

DARIA PLEGGENKUHLE: I was scouted in an H&M store by one the bookers from my mother agency MD Management.

SAULO MELO: I was at a party in Rio de Janeiro and was scouted by Sergio Mattos.

ALI MICHAEL: I started modeling when I won the Kim Dawson Model Search in 2005. I was fifteen.

JENNY SWEENEY: I started modeling when I was 15. dancing pictures of me were seen by my mother agents, Jeff and Mary Clarke, and they took me to NYC.

KENDRA SPEARS: I did the Ford Supermodel of the world contest in 08 as the Myspace contestant.

etc

source: pony-ryder

V.I.P.

Josefien Rodermans- sent pictures to an agency in Holland after her friend began modelling as she thought "Well I'm tall and I am skinny so why don't I try?"

Monika Jagaciak- Went to a casting in a mall in Poland after being urged by her sister to do so and then signed with IMG a few days later.

Caterina Ravaglia- Was suggested to become a model by family friends who were photographers.

Arlenis Sosa- scouted in Dominican Republic by a designer named Luis Menieur, while walking with her family in the capital, who confused her for a model her knew and suggested she should look into modeling and send pictures to New York. Later that year she flew to New York and walked into Marylin models who signed her on the spot.

Katryn Kruger- scouted at the Canal Walk Shopping Centre in Cape Town by Y Models in 2011

Kolfinna Kristófersdóttir- scouted while working in a clothing store in Reykjavik.

Tati Cotliar- scouted while watching a fashion show in Buenos Aires

Vanessa Axente- decided to send photos of herself to an agency in Budapest after her sister, also a model, suggested she try to get into the business.

Last edited by ad31214; 29-01-2013 at 12:17 AM.
29-01-2013
windowshopping

Alexandra Tomlinson
Discovered in Atlanta at age 13 by Elite Models. But high school, volleyball, ballet, track and swimming occupied all her time. Her brothers entered her in a Sports Illustrated Model Search Contest at age 18. She went to college at FSU for a few semesters and decided to head to NYC in august 2004 and was signed by IMG.

29-01-2013
backstage pass

SAMANTHA ROLLINSON (ny models): I got scouted on a school trip in Birmingham- I was scouted by Select (London).

JULIER BUGGE (women): Yes, I talked to my friend, who told me to try to send some photos to 1st Option, and so I did. They called me the next day and asked me to come and meet them, and right after that I signed the contract. I wasn’t really nervous, I didn’t have any expectations if they would call me back or not. I didn’t want to hope for anything.

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]TAMY GLAUSER (ford eu): [/FONT]Affa is a really good friend of mine. He used to be a model, then became one of the head bookers for Izaio and he said to me that he wants to sign me. That's how it all began..

CHIHARU OKUNUGI (ny models): My Japanese agency scouted me when I was in high school... on the street, waiting for the train...

KAT CORDTS (monster milano): I was scouted when I was working at Mc Donalds to earn some money. I was really happy because i thought this is maybe a good chance to get into this business.

REKA NAGY (DNA): It was actually my best friend who suggested I should try out to be a model, but I was just laughing when I heard it.

After about 2 months the agent found me again, but on the Internet and asked to meet with me. They proposed me something great and from there things went quickly, with test shoots and then arriving to Paris.

LENA HARDT (DNA) : My mother agent Ann Kathrin discovered me at the main station in Cologne. I was so surprised. I never thought about modeling.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
Caterina Ravaglia- Was suggested to become a model by family friends who were photographers.
Same for Mariacarla Boscono: a family friend (photographer) encouraged her to start modeling (also designer Fausto Sarli was one of the first who push her in the fashion industry)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discovered, models