How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
Anna Selezneva: spotted by an agent in a McDonald's in Moscow, 2007, when she was 17.
Vogue Russia September 2008 article
hahahahaha OMG army of prostitutes, I love the frankness of it all.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

Christy Heimuth: discovered by Barbara Palvin on Facebook Barbara wrote her a message, so she went to B's agency.

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
Christy Heimuth: discovered by Barbara Palvin on Facebook Barbara wrote her a message, so she went to B's agency.
That's such an interesting one! I am always curious to know if models scout other girls into being models. I'm sure there more than a few stories, but I just find it so funny that a girl can learn so much about what it takes to be a model that they can "scout" other girls. Really cool actually.

12-02-2013
tfs star

Who would have better baseline than current/former succesfull model for scouting? By this I don`t mean all of them could be scouts, but the basis are good. They see hundread of models, they know what it takes professionally, physically and mentally, they know how the business goes and which kinds of girls could have a chance. Plus they travel all the time and have good networks.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

Juliana Schurig was scouted online via her sister's facebook page!

04-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
Juliana Schurig was scouted online via her sister's facebook page!
so was Agne Konciute

V.I.P.

Kasia
Quote:
She might have sent in her photo to a local model competition as a joke, but Kasia Struss has been a part of the tight knit circle of the models-to-follow since her appearance in Vogue Paris April 2008. Five years later, the Polish beauty hasn’t lost the cheerful, carefree charm seen within the Balmain collections look books, and laughing backstage with her model friends, Hanne Gaby Odiele and Jacquelyn Jablonski. For April 2013, Kasia Struss embodies the Peruvian mountain style at the gates of Cuzco for photographers Claudia & Stefan in the Miss Vogue edit.
vogue.fr

I absolutely love Kasia but the whole 'as a joke' thing is a bit of an eye roller

08-04-2013
tfs star

^I literally rolled my eyes when I read that sentence They all say that, maybe they don`t want to sound arrogant (you know, seem like they think too highly of themselves and sending pics to the agency by themselves).

08-04-2013
trendsetter

those aren't Kasia's own words, though, the original French version only claims that she tried her luck in a local modeling contest "without much hope", or something along those lines.

so i believe what they really mean is that she sent in the photos on a whim, not expecting it to lead anywhere

Last edited by JSYK; 08-04-2013 at 10:06 AM.
08-04-2013
V.I.P.

Yeah, the French translation wasn't 100 percent on point, I'm sure they just added that for effect.

15-04-2013
fashion elite

Karen Mulder
Quote:
When Karen was 17, she was looking through a magazine and noticed details of a modelling contest in Amsterdam. Karen wore braces on her teeth at that time and dismissed the idea immediately. However, unknown to her, a friend entered Karen without her knowledge. Karen was invited by the agency to attend the competition and she won.
Quote:
She took part in the 1985 Elite Look of the Year contest and came second, after which she was signed by Elite Paris.
fashionmodeldirectory

fashion elite

Linda Evangelista
Quote:
By the age of 12, Linda had joined a Toronto model agency, working during school holidays. She was discovered by an Elite scout at the Miss Niagara Teen contest when she was 16 years old and signed with Elite New York, later moving to Paris to progress her career.
Christy Turlington
Quote:
Christy was aged just 13 when she was discovered whilst horseback riding by photographer Dennie Cody who sent her photos to a local model agency. She signed with a small San Francisco agency and did small assignments during school holidays. She later signed with the Ford agency but decided to finish her education (at Monte Vista High School in Danville, CA) before taking up modelling full-time at age 18.
Naomi Campbel
Quote:
Naomi was discovered by Beth Boldt of Elite in Covent Garden when she was 15 years old and still studying at the Italia Conti Stage School.
fashionmodeldirectory

fashion elite

Stephanie Seymour
Quote:
Stephanie's first experience of modelling came when she was a little girl - her mother was a photographer and would use Stephanie as a model.
Quote:
Her modelling career began after she entered the Californian heat of the Elite Model Look contest when she was 15 years old. She won the final and Elite signed her up.
Helena Christensen
Quote:
Helena started modelling when she was 9 years old and grew up wanting to become a musician. In 1986 she represented Denmark in the 1986 Miss Universe contest. She was discovered by photographer Friedemann Hauss when she was 21 years old.
fashionmodeldirectory

Last edited by gilsa0870; 15-04-2013 at 01:46 AM.
15-04-2013
fashion elite

Nadja Auermann
Quote:
Nadja was sitting in a Berlin café when she was discovered by a scout at 19 years old. To start with she was unsuccessful but signed with Karin in 1990. About a year later she signed with Elite and her career was boosted in October 1993 when she dyed her hair platinum blonde.
Claudia Schiffer
Quote:
Claudia was 17 years old when she was discovered by Michel Levaton of the Metropolitan agency in a Düsseldorf nightclub where she was celebrating a friend's birthday. Until then, she had always intended to become a lawyer like her father.
Eva Herzigova
Quote:
Eva was 16 years old when she won a modelling contest in Prague for the Madison agency.
fashionmodeldirectory

fashion elite

Amy Wesson
Quote:
Amy was discovered by a scout from the Company model agency at a modelling contest.
Carolyn Murphy
Quote:
Carolyn was discovered in New York when she was 17 years old by a scout for Women Model Management.
Elsa Benitez
Quote:
Elsa had previously modeled in Mexico and had won a modeling contest held in Costa Rica but was 'discovered' at the age of 19, after her agency sent some photos to photographer Steven Meisel, who asked her to go to New York. She worked with him for an Italian Vogue cover and story and her career took off from there.
fashionmodeldirectory

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discovered, models