How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2007

^Someone who's prone to play jokes on people

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

FraItaly, did you see Terrron Wood or Noah Mills outside at the shows you went to?

Last edited by jssy4eva; 15-01-2007 at 01:34 PM.
15-01-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraItlay
I don t know his name..i think that he s so gorgeous!I met him outside the Missoni and Burberry shows,before i ve never saw him.
Anybody here knows his name?
Danny Beauchamp rocks!
Mathias Lauridsen so sweet
Eddie Klint strong guy
These are my favourites
That's Mael! I adore him. Lucky to have met him!

15-01-2007
backstage pass

He s so friendly and smiling!
I don t remember about Terron.Is this Noah?!
(i don t follow male models..but female,that s why i don t know about their names:-)

15-01-2007

^Yes! That's Noah! jssy will be excited

Thanks for sharing your pictures

15-01-2007
backstage pass

You re welcome:it s a pleasure!

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

what was mathias lauridsen like?

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

Hey guys, where can I post this Marcus video, since I haven't seen here any male model thear??

Marcus Schenkenberg_World Fashion Tv video

http://rapidshare.com/files/11942598/Marcus.avi

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

HOT HOT HOT !!!

merci sanja!!!

20-01-2007
trendsetter

can somebody tell me what the name is of the male model next to me ???? This picture whas taken backstage afther the valentino show. Thankss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.jpg (106.3 KB, 8 views)

fashion insider

^ He kinda looks like James Rousseau...

V.I.P.

The Look of a Male Model-Wall Street Journal Article
I hope I posted this in the right place.

Quote:
You should be so average looking
By RAY A. SMITH

There's a new look in men's fashion, and it doesn't have anything to do with the clothes. Some menswear designers and fashion magazines are starting to choose male models who look more like "regular" guys.

It's all part of an attempt by the men's fashion industry to broaden its appeal. For years, the runways and fashion magazines have been dominated by male models who are either super-thin and boyish-looking, overly muscular or immaculately groomed metrosexuals. These looks were intended to appeal to the fashion press, trend-setting gay men and, sometimes, women who were buying clothes for the men in their lives. For many guys, however, the reaction was "that's not me."

Now, with more men than ever before doing their own clothes shopping, some designers see an opportunity. "We're not just designing for a small specialty audience, we're designing for guys in Illinois," says John Crocco, creative director for menswear at Perry Ellis, a division of Perry Ellis Internationall Inc., which holds its fall 2007 runway show today at New York fashion week. "We have to be realistic. This is a business."

Of course, the fashion world's idea of "average" is far removed from the real world's.

At a recent casting call for today's show of Duckie Brown menswear, the search for a more natural look meant guys who looked too manicured, too heroin-chic thin or too buff and tanned were shown the door. John Bartlett, another designer whose show kicks off New York's fashion week today, says he deliberately sought "clean-cut dudes but with a more rugged feel than normal."

It was the same story at Milan's men's fashion week in January, where observers say some trend-setting designers also changed their looks. Dolce & Gabbana sent fit, classically good-looking male models down the runways instead of the intimidating muscular hunks and impossibly thin young things of shows past. Ultra-trendy Dsquared and Versace also went for a similar role model.

Some in the industry note the emerging attitude on male models parallels the debate over dangerously thin female models and is tied into a fashion cycle that's starting to emphasize healthy beauty. "Fashion over the next two years is going to have to move on, since what was cutting edge in the '90s has now become very dull," says David Wolfe, creative director at New York-based fashion consultancy Doneger Group.

But there are business reasons as well. "Designers are clearly more conscious
that their consumer is a very, very broad spectrum of male," says Sean Patterson, president of the Wilhelmina Models agency, who notes that more heterosexual men, in particular, are taking an interest in dressing well. More regular-looking models can help tone down edgier styles and make them more appealing to these guys, he adds.

"It's about being more in touch with men, having models that look interesting and not too perfect," says Jason Kanner, director of the men's division at the Major Model Management agency.

That said, some labels such as Dior Homme and Prada continue to employ the androgynous, thin male models that are practically a trademark for them.

And the fashion industry's take on "regular" guys is still a striking look. The models are still mostly in their 20s. And, while perhaps fit and toned like any regular gym-goers, their faces stand out in a crowd. Terron Wood, a 6-foot-2, 170-pound model, who is held up as an example of the new-style male model by his agency, Major Model Management, says he has been told he looks like a cross between Richard Gere and Tom Cruise. The 20-year-old began modeling last year. In January, he won coveted spots in the Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino and Bottega Veneta shows in Milan. In New York, he's appearing in shows for Perry Ellis and John Varvatos.

Tom Julian, director of trends at ad agency McCann Erickson, credits celebrities like actor Ashton Kutcher -- a former model himself -- and TV shows like "Entourage" and "Grey's Anatomy" with showing men that guys can be stylish without being too muscular, too thin or too manicured. "Chiseled without being too pretty" is how Mr. Julian describes the new look.

That suits men like Richard Frank, a 34-year-old advertising executive in Baltimore, who says he's interested in what actors like George Clooney are wearing but ignores runway shows and fashion ads because the models are "alien to me." Designers, he says, should use "more normal-looking men as models, not overweight, or unattractive men exactly, but guys who are more representative of the look I think most men are all going for."

The shift comes as men are buying more designer clothes for themselves. Retailers have been actively trying to lure in male shoppers, bringing in new styles more frequently and holding events such as men-only shopping evenings. At the same time, a shift away from women doing the shopping for men has helped drive the trend. Last year, 75% of men bought their own clothes, compared with 52% in 1995, according to Marshal Cohen, chief industry analyst with market researcher NPD Group. At middle-of-the-road J.C. Penney, men now make 70% of the purchases of men's clothes, a reversal from about five years ago when women made 70% of the purchases.

That means nowadays the model can make or break a buying decision for male shoppers.

"If you have a model that looks more normal, it can bring fashion closer to the average guy," says Tommaso De Nardo, a 26-year-old stockbroker in New York. "That would probably encourage me to get that product over another product
*wallstreetjournal.com

Last edited by jssy4eva; 14-02-2007 at 04:29 PM.
26-03-2007
trendsetter

Eddie Klint
Mael Dalla Zuana
Bryton Munn
Paulo Pinhat

28-03-2007
trendsetter

Oh, and Casey Taylor

01-04-2007
front row

Who, if anyone, is the male supermodel?
Basically as readers of the Danny Beauchamp thread will know, in this seasons fashioninc magazine it had an article about male models in Britain and if there were any potential supermodels. Just wondering your opinions. Btw the bits below are snippits of the article i typed up in relation to Danny Beauchamp.

Danny Beauchamp, age=21, from Islington, London, discovered= "i was spotted by the photographger mariano vivanco while i was in chapel market in Islington chilling with friends". achievements= Burberry campaign, Campaigns for CK, Iceberg, Dsquared, DKNY and the Gap.

So has the voracious turnover of the industry made it unrealistic to imagine that there might ever be a male supermodel?
Danny Beauchamp, who is best known as the face of Burberry fragrance is the latest name being bandied around as the next big thing.
"I think there's a lot more expected of the girls, there's a lot more competition. The guys? We just get on with it" he says, matter of factly, when I meet him at a studio in east London for the photo shoot on these pages. Along with Will Chalker and james Dornan, Beauchamp is one of a new breed of brit-boy model seemingly unfazed by the brouhaha surrounding them. They all seem like nice boys: part cheeky-chappy boy next door, part building site heart throb. "I'm in it as long as i can financially support myself and continue to travel, cos thats the best part of the job, apart from the money" says Beauchamp.

"Danny is a classic example, he is one of those boys everyone's talking about. He's done a lot of campaigns but at the collections he will do everything, every show" says von Dickmann with motherly pride. "Last season they were actually holding up shows waiting for Danny to arrive. That was bizarre" And does Danny enjoy his moment of spotlight? "Depends on what I'm wearing" he shrugs, "if it's hot pants it's not quite a thrill, but if I'm wearing a very suave YSL suit then yeah, you get a bit of a buzz"

Last edited by jpolla; 01-04-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discussion, male, model, thread