How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-01-2013
fashion elite

Matt McGlone is definitely one to bloom this season. but other newbies are...

28-01-2013
fashion insider

Matt's hot Samuel Roberts is one to watch too IMO.

Last edited by Morphe; 28-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
07-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
^ I've never seen him on the site.. But he's not on the NEXT website anymore (his known NY agency) so maybe he did switched but his profile hasn't up yet.
It was for their first weeks, then it was gone for all this time, but now it's back again!

13-03-2013
Mr. Magic

With Burberry moving their menswear show back to London, I can't wait to see the casting and exclusives. I feel like the casting can be more wider without having to fight to get their exclusives with other Milan shows like Jil Sander or Prada. Hope Barbara & Leila won't disappoint!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15
13-03-2013
fashion insider

^ Even though I don't find most of the Burberry boys attractive, there are a couple of their regulars that I adore so it's great news, Benjamin Eidem here I come

16-04-2013
Mr. Magic

Rag & Bone is heading to London too. I guess a sole NYFW for menswear won't even exist at this point.

Quote:
HEADING TO LONDON: David Neville and Marcus Wainwright will show their spring 2014 Rag & Bone men’s collection during London Collections: Men in June in lieu of their usual runway show held during New York Fashion Week in September. Rag & Bone was founded in 2002 in New York, where Neville and Wainwright live, but both are English and their collections are rooted in traditional English tailoring.

“We felt strongly about showing our spring-summer 2014 collection in our hometown,” said Wainwright. “London is important to us on several levels — it’s where we opened our European flagship store last summer — and with LC:M gathering momentum each season, we feel incredibly excited to be a part of it.”

Indeed, the Rag & Bone news comes on the heels of Burberry’s announcement that it will bring its men’s show back to London in June as well.
wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
16-04-2013
fashion elite

you can have philip lim and Patrik Ervell instead of them. honestly I don't care about their stuffs for couple of seasons.

16-04-2013
Mr. Magic

I'm purely only interested in their casting :p Jess Hallett usually brings A+ lineup, whether newbie or stars. Philip Lim in Paris is just wrong and he's submerged with those A list Parisian brands. Patrik is too NYC for me..

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
16-04-2013
fashion elite

oh, yeh the cast for sure, but Tim Coppens, Robert Geller and Richard Tsai are good enough to stay tune for NY.

16-04-2013
Mr. Magic

I think the problem with NYC's menswear lines that there's no anticipation of any specific brand where Milan has Prada, Paris has Dior Homme, Givenchy, SLP, etc. People in general is pretty meh about menswear but if you follow fashion you can't help to pay attention to at least scrolling through style.com to see the collection.. bonus point for interested on the models.

NYC brands.. they are hugely talented and have their own unique vision for sure but it just seem not enough to make people pay more attention to them plus being hugely overshadowed all the time by the more superior womens shows. That's why I've been praying for a sole Alexander Wang menswear show or Marc Jacobs' (MbMJ is not enough) to strengthen the menswear division so they are confident enough to have their own NYFW.

Rag & Bone's move to London is a great loss and make the lineup more weaker.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
16-04-2013
fashion elite

but if you want to build massive high fashion image, you need great fund backup, which is something New York designers not capable of. womenswear already costs too much for new stars in NY, Vogue and any other foundations, I don't think the money will go to the menswear any soon.
and about MJ, I don't get it why he's doing presentation instead of a show, if he really wants to explore the line and likes to be peacock about everything, it really doesn't make sense. you are getting on a right point, he can stand as the image of NYFW, but he just doesn't do. so weird

16-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
Rag & Bone is heading to London too. I guess a sole NYFW for menswear won't even exist at this point.

wwd.com
Good. I always thought it was dumb to start spring/summer shows in June in Europe, and then 4-5 weeks later commence with NY. Woulda been nice if they had stayed in NY. They are the hope of American menswear for sure.

Mr. Magic

Models.com updated their list with a new look. You guys might want to check it out..
http://models.com/rankings/ui/Top50Men

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
08-06-2013
V.I.P.

There's also an official Hot List for the guys:

http://models.com/rankings/ui/TheHot...id=10582#10582

08-06-2013
V.I.P.

btw... why isnt Matt Ardel on it? I know he lacks campaigns, but come on! his print work has been a dream for a newcomer.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
discussion, male, model, thread