How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2013
front row

Some are secure and others aren't, they are just like normal people. Modelling helps develop confidence however I would say models who work hard will have insecurity about their abilities such as walk and poses, expressions, the ability to model and excel. It's just normal.

Other models may be modelling and not giving much thought to their looks.

18-10-2013
front row

Isn't it a myth that they all are vain. This is something that quite frankly annoys me, when they claim models are vain.

What are your thoughts?

18-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
Isn't it a myth that they all are vain. This is something that quite frankly annoys me, when they claim models are vain.

What are your thoughts?
I think calling someone 'vain' is hugely dependent on how you define it. Looks can reveal more than just the physical - discipline, nutrition, health etc.

I find it unfair when people say 'models care about looks in their partners more than other people do'. A smart person would likely want another smart person and that is OK but a good looking person can't want another good looking person without being called names?
Everyone is different regardless of their profession but if a good looking model wants to date another good looking person why is that 'bad'?

20-10-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
I think calling someone 'vain' is hugely dependent on how you define it. Looks can reveal more than just the physical - discipline, nutrition, health etc.

I find it unfair when people say 'models care about looks in their partners more than other people do'. A smart person would likely want another smart person and that is OK but a good looking person can't want another good looking person without being called names?
Everyone is different regardless of their profession but if a good looking model wants to date another good looking person why is that 'bad'?
I agree, there's no harm in dating another good looking person. I haven't ever heard of this misconception though, just about the vanity. Also, I think another misconception is that models are only models because of their looks, people seem to miss out they actually have a talent.

I think the vanity part is assumed based on modelling some times being a glamorous job so they think models are vain but of course it's far from that.

Last edited by Mariann; 20-10-2013 at 04:04 PM.
22-10-2013
trendsetter

I hear so many people saying "Being a model is the easiest job ever, all you gotta do is walk down a runway and pose for pictures, so easy!" And I'm just like "You only see the glamous side of modelling. It really is a hard job." And they usually just laugh in my face Modelling is not just walking down the runway, it's much more...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
I hear so many people saying "Being a model is the easiest job ever, all you gotta do is walk down a runway and pose for pictures, so easy!" And I'm just like "You only see the glamous side of modelling. It really is a hard job." And they usually just laugh in my face Modelling is not just walking down the runway, it's much more...
I completely agree with you! I think young girls think like this. This misconception also links in with the myth that models are thick. That is completely false because some of them are educated really well.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
misconceptions, models