MDC Rankings - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-07-2016
trendsetter

They removed Arizona Muse from the Industry Icons list? They put her on really fast, i believe they added her in 2014 - but to remove her is harsh

fashion elite

Kiki, Estella, and Ally added to the Top 50 List, which I don't mind because they've been consistent in blue chip work.

Can someone please explain to me what Lily McMenamy is still doing on their list? She hasn't done anything in almost two years.

V.I.P.

Why not add Adwoa, Alice Metza, Frederikke, Heather Kemesky, the Pavlova twins, Sora Choi, Yasmin and Roos Abels as well.. They dominate the major campaigns this season. Gucci, Prada, Vuitton, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Cavalli, Etro, Missoni, Armani and they've all been in the game for 2 seasons or more and they have proven themselves.

The top 50 currently contains around 70 models... they need to remove Amanda Wellsh, Aneta Pajak, Crista Cober (who?), Daphne Groeneveld, Georgia May Jagger, Hana Jirickova, Hedvig Palm, Holly May Saker, Karolin Wolter, Lily McMenamy, Madison Stubbington, Magdalena Jasek, Maja Salamon, Malaika Firth, Nastya Sten, Ola Rudnicka, Ophelie Guillermand, Othilia Simon, Sam Rollinson, Soo Joo Park, Ysaunny Brito and Yumi Lambert. Should any of these models have a career resurgence (which I doubt) they can add her back. And also they shouldn't add them to the money list which is what they do with everyone they remove from the top 50 (the money list is a joke).

And they need to re-introduce the ranking system. With Anna Ewers being number 1 and the race between Rianne, Mica, Lexi, Binx, Natalie, Julia and Maartje being really tight.

Only this way the top 50 will be as exciting as it once was without being just a please for agencies like it is right now.

I'm sorry i'm really bored and it's too hot outside

21-07-2016
trendsetter

I think models.com lists are becoming a joke, so many girls is the top 50 haven't done anything relevant in a long time and so many girls in the Hot List have much more work.

21-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakThatJDunn View Post
They removed Arizona Muse from the Industry Icons list? They put her on really fast, i believe they added her in 2014 - but to remove her is harsh
So they removed Arizona and Sigrid from the Industry Icons list but keep Aymeline Valade and Crystal Renn in it?

21-07-2016
fashion icon

Poor Arizona.. i can't say she was really an icon but mdc is a joke anyways.

trendsetter

^I confirm my idea, their lists are a joke now.

21-07-2016
backstage pass

The men's top 50 list is also pretty random / plain outdated.

I agree with anlabe32, they really need the rankings system back. At least then it'll be interesting again.

21-07-2016
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Poor Arizona.. i can't say she was really an icon but mdc is a joke anyways.
I slightly disagree. No one can deny that Arizona's moment was iconic. Her rise was really similar to that of Angela Lindvall in the late 90s or Daria's in the early 2000s. Her resume still outclasses most of the "next generation" girls.

MDC has always had trouble with their icon list because when it was a 15-20 girl list there were many girls who graduated from Top 50 but did not make the cut for the Icon list. There was ever really only a shift in spaces 17-20. Erin Wasson is an example of someone who spent 6 years between 3-5 on the Top 50 and made it to the icons list but got lost in the riff raff. There's no reason why she shouldn't be on the establishment list now.

MDC seems to fall short with keeping up with their girls who are established. Arizona does a lot of work for example that never makes it to the site because she's not on their radar anymore.

23-07-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Why not add Adwoa, Alice Metza, Frederikke, Heather Kemesky, the Pavlova twins, Sora Choi, Yasmin and Roos Abels as well.. They dominate the major campaigns this season. Gucci, Prada, Vuitton, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Cavalli, Etro, Missoni, Armani and they've all been in the game for 2 seasons or more and they have proven themselves.

The top 50 currently contains around 70 models... they need to remove Amanda Wellsh, Aneta Pajak, Crista Cober (who?), Daphne Groeneveld, Georgia May Jagger, Hana Jirickova, Hedvig Palm, Holly May Saker, Karolin Wolter, Lily McMenamy, Madison Stubbington, Magdalena Jasek, Maja Salamon, Malaika Firth, Nastya Sten, Ola Rudnicka, Ophelie Guillermand, Othilia Simon, Sam Rollinson, Soo Joo Park, Ysaunny Brito and Yumi Lambert. Should any of these models have a career resurgence (which I doubt) they can add her back. And also they shouldn't add them to the money list which is what they do with everyone they remove from the top 50 (the money list is a joke).

And they need to re-introduce the ranking system. With Anna Ewers being number 1 and the race between Rianne, Mica, Lexi, Binx, Natalie, Julia and Maartje being really tight.

Only this way the top 50 will be as exciting as it once was without being just a please for agencies like it is right now.

Long post but I agree on all terms. Bringing back the ranking system would make it more interesting instead of this mess of a list they have.

23-07-2016
fashion elite

MDC is usually approximately six months too late in adding deserving girls to the list and a year too late in removing undeserving girls from the list.

It's all a joke. I've been updating my personal list for almost two years now and it's hilarious to see where their Top 50 list actually stands in terms of actual career rather than by which agencies they're represented and other non-factors.

V.I.P.

Just out of curiosity, who do you all think is the #1 model of the current top 50? The HF model lover in me wants to say Lexi, but I think it's Gigi atm. She's everywhere & already has the big 4 Vogues.

24-07-2016
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post

Yet another joke...

fashion insider

I'd say Anna Ewers #1, Lexi Boling #2, Gigi Hadid #3. The first two have more longevity and worked with more people than Gigi. The top 10 should include these models: Mica Arganaraz, Rianne Van Rompaey, Maartje Verhoef, Julia Bergshoeff, Julia Nobis, Kendall Jenner, Vanessa Moody.
Models like Lineisy, Greta, Bella have too short careers to even be on the Top 50. Some girls, like anlabe32 said, haven't done anything major in years and should be pulled out. If they want they can add another category Separating HF and commercial models is also an idea
Their trending list is a joke too.

Last edited by Aizanara; 24-07-2016 at 06:02 AM.
24-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
Just out of curiosity, who do you all think is the #1 model of the current top 50? The HF model lover in me wants to say Lexi, but I think it's Gigi atm. She's everywhere & already has the big 4 Vogues.
But she got those covers cause she's a celebrity model more than a model. And since MDC is for models primarily i'd never put her on one. We don't even know when she'll be bored by modeling and move on the singing/acting/designing or whatever..

That's why Anna Ewers should be 1. She already got 3 out of those 4 anyway.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mdc, rankings