MDC Rankings - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
24-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
But she got those covers cause she's a celebrity model more than a model. And since MDC is for models primarily i'd never put her on one. We don't even know when she'll be bored by modeling and move on the singing/acting/designing or whatever..

That's why Anna Ewers should be 1. She already got 3 out of those 4 anyway.
I knew you were going to say this, & as much as I want to agree with you, I think that we have to accept that these socialites are here to stay for a while. This is the era of neptism, & the ones who are going to define this generations models are girls like Kendall & Gigi, not Lexi & Anna. I wish it were the other way around.

24-07-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizanara View Post
I'd say Anna Ewers #1, Lexi Boling #2, Gigi Hadid #3. The first two have more longevity and worked with more people than Gigi. The top 10 should include these models: Mica Arganaraz, Rianne Van Rompaey, Maartje Verhoef, Julia Bergshoeff, Julia Nobis, Kendall Jenner, Vanessa Moody.
Models like Lineisy, Greta, Bella have too short careers to even be on the Top 50. Some girls, like anlabe32 said, haven't done anything major in years and should be pulled out. If they want they can add another category Separating HF and commercial models is also an idea
Their trending list is a joke too.
I like your top 10, but Julia Nobis is deservedly an icon now, so I would remove her from this list. Julia Bergshoeff in the top 10 is a little questionable too, seeing that she's been a bit slow for the past two seasons. I would replace her with either Grace Hartzel or Natalie Westling.

24-07-2016
fashion insider

Anna Ewers is #1 without a doubt!

24-07-2016
tfs star

I wouldn't be mad at Lexi or Anna at number one, I'd probably give it to Lexi though. Her portfolio in my humble opinion is just a little bit more diverse. Really interchangeable though and there isn't a case to be made for anyone besides those two.

Gigi and Kendall belong on MDC's New Supers list, so I'd exclude them both. I'd also move Adriana Lima to the Legends list.

trendsetter

In my opinion the Top 10 should be Anna, Lexi, Rianne, Mica, Maartje, Binx, Grace, Natalie, Vanessa, Imaan.
Julia Nobis is an icon, Kendall and Gigi.. should have a list for them called "The Social girls from famous families" so we can throw them and the rest of this kind of models (Bella, Hayley, Kaia and so on) there.

25-07-2016
V.I.P.

This could be quite accurate. The new generation of models is really quite consistent if you look at this list.

Covers and campaigns from the last two seasons.

1. Anna Ewers (Miu Miu, Calvin Klein, Alexander Wang, Balenciaga + Fragrance, Hugo Boss + Fragrance, H&M, David Yurman, Vogue Paris, Germany, WSJ)

2. Lexi Boling (Prada, DsQuared, Coach, Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs, Etro, Moschino, Jil Sander, Prada Fragrance, Vogue Italia)

3. Rianne van Rompaey (Prada, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Veneta, Hugo Boss, Coach, H&M, Vogue Germany, Vogue Italia)

4. Mica Arganaraz (Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld, Diesel, H&M, Chanel, Tom Ford, Bottega Veneta, Hugo Boss, Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia, Vogue Japan)

5. Maartje Verhoef (Giorgio Armani, Salvatore Ferragamo, Dior, Moschino, Alexander McQueen fragrance, Vogue Germany, Vogue Russia, Numero)

6. Binx Walton (Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, Dior, Vogue Japan)

7. Natalie Westling (Prada, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Hugo Boss, Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs)

8. Vanessa Moody (DsQuared, Fendi, Michael Kors, Vogue Germany)

9. Grace Hartzel (Saint Laurent, Dior, Ferragamo Fragrance, Vogue China, Vogue Russia)

10. Issa Lish (Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang)

11-20
Sarah Brannon (Givenchy, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Numero)
Stella Lucia (DKNY, Calvin Klein Jeans, Alexander Wang, Chanel, Numero)
Julia Bergshoeff (Proenza Schouler, Zara, Vogue Germany)
Bella Hadid (Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Vogue Japan, Elle UK US)
Imaan Hammam (Coach, Sisheido, Givenchy, H&M)
Greta Varlese (Givenchy, Valentino, Prada, Harper's Bazaar UK)
Vittoria Cerreti (Prada, Givenchy, Dolce Gabbana, Vogue Italia)
Anna Cleveland (Moschino, Marc Jacobs, Vogue Italia)
Fernanda Ly (Last season Louis Vuitton, Vogue Japan, Vogue China)
Lineisy (no campaigns this season, Chanel, Givenchy, i-D, Harper's Bazaar UK)

I'm hesitant to put Anna C and Bella in the list because I think they should create a list for socialites and celeb models but for now i'd put them here and Gigi and Kendall to the new supers.

Oh gosh... i'm really bored.

25-07-2016
scenester

When the MDC rankings were relevant I'd say that Bella wouldn't be as high due to the fact that her success is very new. Gigi & Kendall would be top 15 or so but they'd probably have the top 2 as Lexi and then Anna. They'd probably put Lexi above Anna because she's a Miesel muse and that carries a lot of weight. Unless my suspicion that after Joan, Lindsey was their #1 girl because she was in the top 50 for another year then moved to the Indistry Icon list followed by Andreaa who served the next year as their #1. In that instance Anna would be the current top girl.

The new supers list is horrible because you cannot rank a single one of those girls above the likes of Amber Valleta, Carolyn Murphy, and Helena Christensen who are bonafied legends. The criteria listed would also make a serious case for Angela and Carmen to be legends considering they both have over 15 years of constant blue chip work but at the least it would put them no lower than new supers. Karolina would also be on the new supers list based off the stated criteria. There is no way that anyone on the new supers list should be listed there with the exception of Daria, Karen, Liya, and Natalia. There's a case to be made for girls like Doutzen, Laeticia, Natasha, and Sasha. The rest of the girls on the list simply don't have the range. It used to be unless you were the top 2, you'd be on the top 50 list for years. Erin, Julia, Stam, and Natasha spent YEARS in the top 50, specifically top 5 before moving because they never nabbed a top 2 spot.

27-07-2016
V.I.P.

They just updated the mdc site, kind of a mess. I wonder if they're going to change the system too..

trendsetter

The new layout is hideous.

As for the rankings, they need to stop putting people in the icons lists so damn fast! They put Kate Upton in New Supers and look how that's turned out

28-07-2016
trendsetter

The site is so messy now, I really don't like it!

28-07-2016
V.I.P.

I still can't see it..

01-08-2016
V.I.P.

^ I still can't access the website by simply typing models.com in the URL. I have to go through Google...

They took Toni Garrn off the Icon's list as well. Which is very weird that they took her off but not some other very questionable names. Taking a model of the icon list makes no sense anyway. You don't become an icon and then all of a sudden you're not an icon anymore. Work in the past has to speak for itself regardless of a declining popularity. Otherwise some big names out of the 90's have to be taken off as well. Toni's peak was very short but what she did in that short period was very impressive.

They should have been taking off Aymeline (too short a career to be considered an Icon), Crystal Renn (never really an icon in my opinion anyway), Meghan Collison (no comment needed) and Tao Okamoto (lacks the work of an icon). I'd even consider taking Xiao Wen Ju off because she as well is too fresh and lacking big work to be considered an icon of the new generation.

And there are other models that don't have a lot of work (Hanne, Magdalena, Kasia) to back things up but have become iconic names by surviving in the industry for years, although mainly through runway.

Last edited by anlabe32; 01-08-2016 at 06:07 PM.
01-08-2016
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
^ I still can't access the website by simply typing models.com in the URL. I have to go through Google...

They took Toni Garrn off the Icon's list as well. Which is very weird that they took her off but not some other very questionable names. Taking a model of the icon list makes no sense anyway. You don't become an icon and then all of a sudden you're not an icon anymore. Work in the past has to speak for itself regardless of a declining popularity. Otherwise some big names out of the 90's have to be taken off as well. Toni's peak was very short but what she did in that short period was very impressive.

They should have been taking off Aymeline (too short a career to be considered an Icon), Crystal Renn (never really an icon in my opinion anyway), Meghan Collison (no comment needed) and Tao Okamoto (lacks the work of an icon). I'd even consider taking Xiao Wen Ju off because she as well is too fresh and lacking big work to be considered an icon of the new generation.

And there are other models that don't have a lot of work (Hanne, Magdalena, Kasia) to back things up but have become iconic names by surviving in the industry for years, although mainly through runway.
That's my problem with it. You can't just name someone an icon, and then dismiss it. Toni is really a questionable choice to be taken off. She still does campaigns, covers and occasional shows, so they had no reason to get rid of her.

I think they're trying to make the list more exclusive. Which is stupid because as times goes on, you'll have to add more and more icons.

01-08-2016
backstage pass

I don't think it should be called a ranking anymore. They are more like just...........categories.

25-08-2016
front row

Seems like they updated the list again.

Going off of memory:

Top 50 is now down to 65.

Georgia May Jagger (in the money list ), Magdalena Jasek, Lily McMenamy, Nastya Sten, Soo Joo are gone.

Hot List is down to 46.

Dylan Xue, Kate Grigorieva, Luping Wang are gone.

Still, they're almost always two seasons behind. The Hot List is just a mess. They get rid of Dylan and Luping who have been active since debut, but they still keep Yuan Bo Chao who's been MIA since debut season. Frances Coombe? Varya Shutova? Poppy Okotcha? Cierra Skye?

Last edited by mathiaskatz; 25-08-2016 at 01:35 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mdc, rankings