How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-06-2012
nonchalant

MENS Model Casting S/S 13
London shows are just over, and Pitti Uomo and Milan are just around the corner. Use this thread to discuss about news, information and thoughts about the castings for the Spring/Summer 2013 menswear shows.

Enjoy the season!

19-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Thank you for the thread Wilhelm! The stand out from London for me are Anatol M, Jester White & Konan Hanbury.

I'm really curious if the direction in London casting will follow up on other cities.

I hope Ms. Brokaw will bring more diversity on Prada this season. I wonder what surprise she'll offer this time.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
19-06-2012
backstage pass

Never get excited about casting in Milan. One can envision the cast in blue-chip shows like DG and gucci easily. That said, I look forward to the cast of Versace, they seem to swing back and forth between *body types*.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 20-06-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: removed minor weight reference
19-06-2012
V.I.P.

^Well, I think Gucci always has some interesting new faces.

I'm also excited about the cast at Jil Sander.

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

Jil Sander, Versace and Prada are always interesting to me. Can't wait.

19-06-2012
backstage pass

I like burberry castings too. and yes jil, gucci and prada. im excited to see the exclusives.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of billy @ next, jester white and malcolm de ruiter for milan and paris

19-06-2012
backstage pass

I'm pretty sure Prada casting will be like last season.

19-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Blech, why would they do that

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
19-06-2012
V.I.P.

Yea the only exiting bit of prada's casting is the exclusives. Really looking forward to jil sander and some of the lesser known designers casts. I agree with some of you, the blue chip shows are predictable. London had some good castings espceially topman and Pringle of Scotland. Anatol and malcolm really stood out to me, as well as some others. And of course some shows had the established faces we all love lol.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 19-06-2012 at 08:07 PM.
20-06-2012
nonchalant

I personally enjoyed the majority of London castings, they were diverse and very exciting. Pringle of Scotland was one of my favorites from what I recall, with the inclusion of tattooed guys that made contrast with the collection of basics and it was overall, balanced.

I quite liked Brokaw's doing for Prada last season, her exclusive pickings were on-point and so was the end result. I'd like to see what she has in store for this season.

As many here, I'm curious for the Jil Sander casting. Who's in charge of it now, Maida still?

20-06-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Thanks for the thread Wilhelm!

I agree the London castings were solid, but far from exciting.

The new standouts for me were Ben Allen and Malcolm de Ruiter.

And though not "brand new", I'm loving Kye D'Arcy's runway appeal.

20-06-2012
backstage pass

From Matt Benstead's twitter: "Dolce are using Italian actors and not models for their show. What next!!! Seriously!"

20-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Well damn.. As much as I'm less interested with the news, I wish he would tone it down with his tweet. Not that serious but will make clients side-eyeing him, well if they follow his twitter anyway

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
20-06-2012
Mr. Magic

Valentino's was not a new face galore as last season. I think I only spot 3-4 ish newbies.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
21-06-2012
nonchalant

Munro on the line-up for Pringle of Scotland:

Quote:
Alistair Carr presented his final collection for Pringle of Scotland, in the vein of the graphic, forward-thinking language he's become synonymous with. Soundtracked once more by regular collaborator Pandora's Jukebox, Dazed Digital streams Yasmina Dexter's S/S13 mix whilst casting director Angus Munro of AM Casting talks street urchins...

"With some designers you just click and Alistair and I could not have a closer vision about casting. I texted him from Paris pre-cast and said I wanted to do something along the lines of street urchins... great looking but with a tough quality and an element of unpredictability and lawlessness. A cast like that is a nice juxtaposition with a Pringle collection that is inherently about luxury sportswear.

We are not interested in what a boy has been doing outside of our casting. In fact we find that a little off-putting. So there were a few brand new boys who I thought looked great. In light of the idea I had for this cast there were inevitably a lot of tattoos going on, and I thought that our opening boy, Duncan is amazing. Really strong and very much the feel of this collection. Then, of course, there was my good friend Yuri Pleskin who came in especially and exclusively to walk for us.

Pringle of Scotland is an iconic British brand and I love that they still produce everything here in the UK and continue to have their base in Scotland. I do not have enough superlatives to say about Alistair – he is undoubtedly the most talented young designer out there with a razor sharp point of view and an even, open minded temperament. A rare mix!"
Casting photography by Angus Munro

dazeddigital

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
13, casting, mens, model, s or s