How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2012
rising star

Wow, poor girls... Well, not a big loss for Silent Paris anyway, I guess...

Last edited by sleb; 07-07-2012 at 06:08 AM.

07-07-2012
V.I.P.

What does "legal disputes" mean? Are they suing each other?

07-07-2012
rising star

Well, obviously, Eric took all his girls from NY office, so... I'd say, yes, they might be suing each other now

08-07-2012
rising star

Where did Eric go to? Women? Curious about the legal dispute, if it's Eric who took the girls then the legal dispute should be between him and Silent, no? I thought both Silent offices had the same owner. Sorry for all the questions, just a bit confused about all this.

08-07-2012
rising star

OK, these are all my guesses then, I actually thought that Eric simply returned to Paris. While Silent NY lost all their beauties, Silent Paris kept them so it looked natural. Sorry, to be honest, I never understood the mechanics of Silent Paris, taking for granted that they simply might have had some sponsor, signing mostly editorial girls that bring nearly no money, so Silent NY looked always like some service for getting the finances straight , though, I might be wrong of course.

08-07-2012
trendsetter

I'm surprised that Othilia hasn't jumped ship yet, at least she hasn't shown up elsewhere. I suppose it's only a matter of time.

08-07-2012
windowshopping

Is it confirmed that Elite Europe is opening up in NYC soon?

20-07-2012
backstage pass

Nous no longer has a men's division, and it looks like David Todd is taking all the men and starting "David Todd Model Management" presumably still in LA

30-07-2012
trendsetter

Premier posted this on their blog today

Quote:
Statement from Premier Model Management:

“After an internal investigation, Premier has discovered that John Bruce, a senior booker, has for the last eight months (while still being employed by Premier), set himself up in direct competition with Premier, using our confidential information and data to divert our business to his partner, Paulo Ribeiro, and an agency called Paulo Ribeiro Management Ltd, which they own together.

The evidence shows that, in the process of conspiring against Premier, they have also defrauded one of our clients and one of our models, and have stolen large quantities of confidential material.

John was a trusted employee for over 5 years, one of a team of bookers overseeing Premier’s flourishing and successful commercial division.

In over 30 years of business Premier has never faced anything like this – we are appalled by his actions.

We must protect Premier’s business, and the confidences of our clients and models.

To that end, we applied for and were awarded a penal injunction against John, Paulo and PRM at the High Court on Friday afternoon.”

For any Press enquiries please contact Alex Shah or Chris Owen on 0207 333 0888 or alex@premiermodelmanagement.com, chris@premiermission.com
premiermodelmanagement.tumblr
premiermodelstyle

Last edited by jchaussure; 30-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
30-07-2012
V.I.P.

^ Didn't another booker of Premier leave to IMG some months ago?

The press enquiry thing is hilarious!

30-07-2012
backstage pass

Oh John. All I can picture is him ugly crying like he did in that episode of the model agency when he complained about how "nobody was helping him" then left the agency unannounced for the rest of the day.

04-08-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
What does "legal disputes" mean? Are they suing each other?
i truly dont think it will get far In procedur, for the name it might be, but It seems that silent will now work with the name " S " alone, so it might fix that side of the problem too.
Vincent has the old dream to manage worlwide his girls from Paris only.
I truly think that the "particle" evolution of the business could make it possible tecnically speaking, but fact is by personal interest or by mentality,people in the business are not ready for that now, in 10 years maybe, but now it is clearly too early.

so he tried to have a foot in NY, with full control of it from Paris , soon or late it was gonna clash for sure.

Still from contact the last days, it seems silent NY found some money to try to start something on their own, seem they budgetised some scouting, and if not a dream team, it seems there are at least 2 people there who know quiet well the business, so we will see...

Last edited by fritmayo; 04-08-2012 at 04:42 AM.
29-08-2012
windowshopping

Another new agency in NYC, called The Lions...has anyone heard anything about them?

21-09-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
IMG’S MALE ORDER: For the first time in five years, IMG Models is back in the business of representing men.

Senior vice president and managing director Ivan Bart has lined up Kevin Apana and Greg Chan to help him build the division. Both are industry veterans and worked at Wilhelmina until February. The new hires now report to Bart.

The Hawaiian-born Apana started his career at IMG Models, where he managed Tyson Ballou, among others.

With Joan Smalls, Karlie Kloss and Gisele BŁndchen among its female roster, IMG Models has the shingle out to try to attract male models of comparable caliber. Bart said, “As a leader in the modeling industry, we felt the time was right to relaunch our men’s division.”
wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15
21-09-2012
trendsetter

^ YESS I'm excited about this, interesting to see how this will go, especially with Greg Chan now

Last edited by jchaussure; 21-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread