How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2013
trendsetter

Except Mackenzie and lindsey are both with elite paris and The head guy at society came from Marilyn and got Mackenzie from elite ny.

25-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Except Mackenzie and lindsey are both with elite paris and The head guy at society came from Marilyn and got Mackenzie from elite ny.
I thought he got Mackenzie from Stars sanfran?

25-01-2013
trendsetter

stars is her mother agent. Debuted feb 2011 as ck exclusive for Elite ny.

04-02-2013
rising star

Patiently waiting for Society to update their website

05-02-2013
tfs star

The Lions in NY hits another rocky season

Quote:

Sometimes New York isn’t so pretty — even for a successful modeling agency.

The founders of Paris-based Silent Models, a flourishing agency that represents Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Isabeli Fontana in France, have stumbled in their attempt to expand to the Big Apple, The Post has learned.

Vincent Peter and Eric Dubois, who founded Silent in 2006, recently cut ties with their New York office after knocking heads with Silent NY founder Peter Fitzpatrick, sources said.

“Silent Paris has terminated its relationship with Silent NY and the agencies are no longer working together,” according to a notice posted at Silentmodels.com.
Silent Models of Paris — which reps the likes of sultry beauty Isabeli Fontana (above) can’t get its New York City act together.

Each side feels the other cheated it out of money, sources said — and Peter and Dubois have filed suit in Manhattan state court over the matter.

The Parisian partners then tried to form a partnership with The Lions, a newbie New York agency founded by Marianne Tamposi, of Prodigy Model Management in Palm Beach, Fla.

But the two have run into turbulence again. Fitzpatrick flipped his lid when models once listed with Silent NY started appearing on The Lions’ website late last year, sources told The Post.

“They were trying to take the girls to different agencies,” Fitzpatrick told The Post. “I just called up the owners of those agencies and said they are not allowed to work for you because they have a noncompete.”

Tamposi didn’t respond to a request for comment, but sources told The Post two other ex-bookers for Silent NY, Carl Navarro and David Kim, now work for The Lions.

Fitzpatrick said that the two sides are working on a settlement. He declined to discuss the terms of the deal except to say that he expects a press release soon.

Joseph D’Avanzo, the lawyer representing Peter and Dubois in the employment dispute, declined to comment. Fitzpatrick’s lawyers, Joe Clark and James Koutoulas, also declined to comment.
nypost

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfrom89 View Post
Patiently waiting for Society to update their website
Yeah me too, I cant believe they make Ming Xi missing fashion week

And I saw in a blog saying that The Society NY is brand of Elite Paris ? I'm kinda confused cuz I thought Elite New York & Paris has partnership ? I'm sorry for such newbie question cuz I never notice about agency stuff

10-02-2013
backstage pass

Elite Paris and Elite NYC used to be part of the same network, but the NYC office was sold right after there was a drug scandal concerning models at the NYC agency in the late 90s.
Since then they have been separate operations and they have had virtually no relationship. That's why Elite Paris worked closely with Marilyn, Ford and NY Models in NYC until recently when the Elite Paris owners decided to return to the NYC market. They originally opened the Elite NYC office. So now you have Society.

10-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkita View Post
Yeah me too, I cant believe they make Ming Xi missing fashion week

And I saw in a blog saying that The Society NY is brand of Elite Paris ? I'm kinda confused cuz I thought Elite New York & Paris has partnership ? I'm sorry for such newbie question cuz I never notice about agency stuff
I dont think the society is having ming xi miss fashion week, pretty sure she will show up somewhere

As for elite ny and elite paris, they are owned by completely different people. Think of it like burger king (odd comparison, I know) but they are not all owned by the same people. Elite is just a name. Elite europe has the same owner and since they havent been working with elite ny, they wanted an office there. They cant use name elite since someone else owns it in the united states, so viola you have the society.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by CheshireCAT; 10-02-2013 at 11:12 PM.
11-02-2013
front row

oh my god, u guys r amazing, I dont have to google this stuff since u guys gave me clear explanation

I just hope Ming Xi pop up somewhere too but it seems Society didnt have show package for fashion week since I cant find her showcard ..

11-02-2013
trendsetter

Interesting because there was a instagram showing Ming Xi sitting with 2 Society bookers here in Ny a couple days ago.

11-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Interesting because there was a instagram showing Ming Xi sitting with 2 Society bookers here in Ny a couple days ago.
on what account ? I hope she pop up soon as an exclusive

22-02-2013
front row

So what agencies are now really good for new faces? Ford is out of the question. Is Elite any better now?

Seems to me DNA, Next, and IMG seem to be pushing out the newer faces that are doing well.

Last edited by tayloryepp; 22-02-2013 at 09:29 PM.
23-02-2013

^New York Models is having a dream season with the Sam/Chiharu/Tess trio; The Society in their first season has Manuela Frey who opened Calvin Klein; Women/Supreme are still killing it with Katya R, Maartje, and Sasha Luss - though I think Women might only get half of the credit for Sasha because she is with Elite in Europe and had her resurgence during couture with Elite Paris.

All in all it's still a pretty good distribution of great new faces amongst the NY agencies. Ford is actually still staying afloat with Kremi/Ashleigh Good (Though neither brand new) and Joanna Tatarka. Elite has a couple of great, cool faces like Alana Bunte and Emma Oak...though both are just doing well, not incredibly stellar, on the runway so far.

Last edited by Faith Akiyama; 23-02-2013 at 10:02 AM.
23-02-2013
front row

Thank you for clearing that up for me

23-02-2013
front row

I'm only still wondering why they're all running to The Society. Is Elite Europe so good?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread