How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-03-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritmayo View Post
it is exactly that.

But fact is that "models forum audience" is far more obsessed by high fashion than 90% of the girls.
Obviously this can be different depending of where the girl is from, but in personnaly dealing girls from eastern countries for many years, fact is the main goal is money, and this unfortunately very often include a huge family pressure asking to the girl "to bring money home".
so the choices of agencies include often much more "social" elements that people on forums can ever imagine. To sign a girl in a major high fashion agency expecting money "maybe some day" is a choice that some mother agency can afford but which is just refused by the girl or the familly who are often just interested to know "how much and when" she will earn.

the forums, it is a bit dreamland, unfortunately very very far from the daily reality of new faces management.
I believe it actually depends on the region where the model comes from. In certain places the model-like girls don't need to work at all if everything they want is money... So the ones who come from there to Paris are into fashion and promotion primarily.

06-04-2010
V.I.P.

The website, but not the blog, for Major Model Management NYC is offline. I am not sure what this means.

09-04-2010
trendsetter

hey guys....i was wondering everyone's opinions about the top agencies in london.
you know how on models.com there's the best agencies in new york, where they describe which one's more commercial, which one is all around support for their models, which one is more business like etc?

that's what i'm trying to find out about the london ones and it seems quite difficult to be honest. i mean, i know which the big, important ones are, but i'm trying to understand the characteristics behind them.

any help would be great, cheers!

11-04-2010
Zenga Zenga

First names that come to my mind are Premier and Select. Premier has a wide range of beauty types on board, Select is more... select :p

Storm is also extremely good, access to high editorial market but the size of their boards might turn some of you off.

Elite and IMG for those who are signed with them internationally.

If you're looking for a great boutique then Union.

Models1 and Tess seem good too but I don't really know them so I can't give you a proper opinion.

Then my dark horse would be FM, a lot of potential there and they put a lot of emphasis on the development side. The team is still rather new (yet very experienced, some worked for Storm or Take2 before) since the old team mostly went to Elite when this one opened.

Also watch what Profile is doing, some huge efforts there.

11-04-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie123 View Post
like etc?

that's what i'm trying to find out about the london ones and it seems quite difficult to be honest. i mean, i know which the big, important ones are, but i'm trying to understand the characteristics behind them.

any help would be great, cheers!
Not really possible to put agencies into clear categories in London, as the city in itself is very different than the other cities about works provided.
Everything is more "mixed"in London, and agencies reflect that as they must really have girls to cover a larger range of work than agencies in Paris for example.

The new team in FM seems to be very appreciated by the girls, at least the 3-4 i dealt with them since for about 1 year all told me it was the coolest agency they ever been, and it is 3-4 girls having experience in Milan, NY Paris too...
Models1 is great too about that, and in typical London way cover really larger categories of work, if u really need to compare they are very much like Select about what they can provide and about size.

11-04-2010
V.I.P.

What do you guys think about Premier and the type of management they provide?

And what about Women Milan/Paris, do they work hard for their girls or are most of the deals made through the NYC offices?

V.I.P.

Don't think this has been posted

03-06-2010
V.I.P.

I recently noticed Game Model Management based in Paris - they have really very very precious raw diamonds desipte the fact they've been established just 2 months ago - if somebody happens to tell me whether they're just scouting & managing or into booking and a exclusive representation for the Paris' market, would be warmly welcome.

http://www.gamemodelmanagement.com/

04-06-2010
Zenga Zenga

They are a new boutique agency in Paris with a limited number of girls on their board and aiming for quality rather than quantity. They actually represent the girls in Paris, so it's no scouting business and most of their current models have mother agencies (Avant, Vo Models etc.).

04-06-2010
rising star

Well, this kind of info is evident from their website. Any inside info re the team and their boss?

04-06-2010
V.I.P.

Thank you for that info Penny! Looks really promising so far....

08-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Well, this kind of info is evident from their website. Any inside info re the team and their boss?
Someone who used to work for a very good agency in Paris and who seems to have some nice contacts hence the very pretty scouting

Last edited by mariemaud; 08-06-2010 at 05:04 PM.
08-06-2010
rising star

Well, does this answer my question? Phillippe L***ost has got also lots of contacts, so what?

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

I am helping a friend research Canadian modeling agencies, starting with Toronto. Do you all have perspectives about Toronto modeling agencies like Elmer Olsen, NEXT Toronto, Chantale Nadeau, Spot 6, Elite Toronto, Ford Toronto, Maximillian, Sutherland, Kontact, any others?

This is what I know, feel free to add or correct:

Elmer Olsen - established model agency, several of its models get high profile local bookings and also a mother agency for prestigious fashion work in NY, Milan, Paris and other capitals; I would assume that they have similar standards and are as picky as established NY agencies.

NEXT Toronto - Part of the NEXT network.

Chantale Nadeau - this is a management firm, she places models with agencies and gets a cut. Seems like a good situation if the model does not want to get lost in a larger agency.

Spot 6 - It looks like they are a modeling and talent agency. They seem to have a good roster and get their models good gigs, but I can't figure out their website.

Elite Toronto - ??

Ford Toronto - Not a lot of info, but they seem to get some good bookings.

Maximillian - couldn't find a lot of info, website is more flash than substance.

Sutherland - They seem to get some good bookings, but they have a training program which is OK, but I don't know if getting signed with them is contingent on you taking their classes.

Kontact - seems like a commercial and talent agency which is OK, but I couldn't find a lot of info connecting the talent to the booking, so can't figure out the quality of the work they get their models and actors.

Based on my information, Elmer Olsen, NEXT, Ford, Chantale Nadeau, Spot 6 and Sutherland look like the best bets. Does anyone have any additional information or insight? A different point of view? Are there any agencies that I did not list that I should look into?

Thank you.

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

For Toronto I don't care about anyone except Elmer Olson. I like Chantale as well but she's quite some girls who were promising but failed with bland placement if you ask me. Otherwise, my top recommendation goes to Mode Models, they've offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calagry and also some scouts located in Toronto opening mind to all possibilities, aggressively but considered pushing into the 4 main markets with a very certain focus and goal but still not losing the personal touch to their girls. Furtheron, there's no decent girl at Mode Models without promising placements within the agency networks of Europe (+ NYC) - Meghan Collison, Heather Marks, Julia Dunstall, Johanna Stickland and Simon Nessman should be grateful for such great motheragents.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 11-06-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread