How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
20-03-2013
  286
backstage pass
 
mainstay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: new york
Gender: homme
Posts: 943
The name "Elite" New York was sold by the Elite network many years ago, so the Society is essentially the Elite network's New York office/agency.

  Reply With Quote
 
20-03-2013
  287
backstage pass
 
mainstay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: new york
Gender: homme
Posts: 943
To elaborate..

Essentially, the "Elite" franchise in North America was sold by the Elite network many years ago, which included Toronto, Miami, New York, etc, so the Society is the Elite network's new New York office/agency. Society maintains a relationship with Elite worldwide and will act as their North American agency, thus providing the Society with the worlds largest scouting networks. Exciting times!

Couple that with decades of experience on the booking table, some of the industries most respected bookers and managers, a gorgeous roster of stars and solid up&coming models and you have an agency to be reckoned with, a major contender in the NY scene!

  Reply With Quote
20-03-2013
  288
Unveil Yourself....
 
Mr-Dale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: homme
Posts: 15,091
^Ahh that makes sense! Exciting times indeed!!

__________________
Beauty is the climactic apotheosis of flowing elegance...

twitter.com/ErikP87
  Reply With Quote
26-03-2013
  289
front row
 
niknak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Memphis
Gender: homme
Posts: 450
What is Clement Chabernauds London agency at the present moment anybody? I was just wondering because MDC has him at FM, Elite, and Supa. He couldn't possibly couldn't be at all 3, could he??
And also, does anybody know if Janis Ancens and Jester White have been placed with an agency in NY yet.

__________________
"Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all?"
  Reply With Quote
21-04-2013
  290
scenester
 
NouveauGarcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York City
Gender: femme
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
When agencies get models editorials- is it always low paid and even free also? I am just wondering when agencies do it plus I noticed though am not sure that top photographers such as the likes of Terry Richardson also do tests with models like photograph models just because they want to- I am assuming they go through an agency when doing this, do they have to pay or can they get the model for free from the agency? Do agencies some times give models free work for exposure?
Yes, Editorials are relatively low pay for models. Even big brands like Condé nast give very low rates. They pay is low to none in general editorial. The actual artists (photographers, illustrators, art directors) pay is at lower rates than any other jobs they accept. You don''t make a living off of editorials basically.

Photographers that are well known usually don't test but they can if/when they want to and it would be free even if they request the girl. But Keep in mind that girls that are well established are not available for tests either. Also, since you mentioned, Terry Richardson specifically, I can tell you that he does go-sees where the girls show up to see him but he still takes photos for his blog, it's not a test but it's in a similar category. This is free to answer your question. Usually, these girls are not requested though, the agents are the ones reaching out to photographers. Finally, yes. Agencies do give models free work for exposure or images that could be useful for the model's book. It's part of the development process.

  Reply With Quote
30-04-2013
  291
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: femme
Posts: 7
Have you guys heard of Frame Model Management (NY)? I saw it on models.com the other day. The founder/CEO is a Ford model apparently.

  Reply With Quote
05-06-2013
  292
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
Anyone know what will happen with Ford plus? They are closing their downtown office and along with it their "commercial" and artist divisions. The mens division will now be in the uptown office along with their image board. I'm assuming this "commercial" division would only include their direct and lifestyle boards, I can't imagine the plus division was doing that bad. I can understand with Paul Rowland having been fired or "leaving" that many of the top girls who left hurt the agency in such a way that they would need to cut back on costs and employee's, especially the ridiculous and absurd idea of having 2 offices in the same city.

I hope after all these changes that Ford is able to resurface, it may take some time unless they buy over another major booker, but otherwise I'm sure Ford can hold it's own commercially considering the new bookers there are more experienced with the commercial market than the editorial one. So this means $$, which is probably what they need after the loss of money they endured. They already had to close their Canada office, but don't think any of the other Ford offices will be closing. Unless someone has additional info considering this? Chicago still holds strong along with LA and Miami's office seems to be scraping by.

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
05-06-2013
  293
backstage pass
 
evedwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMist View Post
Have you guys heard of Frame Model Management (NY)? I saw it on models.com the other day. The founder/CEO is a Ford model apparently.
Yes, and the bookers are Olga and I think the other guy from the show "The Network". They also have one of the girls who was in the show, Shaunacey. Not sure if there is a connection between them and Paul Fisher still. I hope not.

  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  294
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
It seems like it's confirmed, from the Ford website, that the Ford Plus division is no more in NY. However, they kept the Ford Direct board? I don't understand. I guess Ford plus wasn't doing as great after all. Anyone know where some of the more top plus girls from Ford will end up?

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  295
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
It seems like it's confirmed, from the Ford website, that the Ford Plus division is no more in NY. However, they kept the Ford Direct board? I don't understand. I guess Ford plus wasn't doing as great after all. Anyone know where some of the more top plus girls from Ford will end up?
Just b/c it's not on Ford's website doesn't mean Ford got rid of the division. It also don't have its commercial division, fitting division or older models division on the site. It just means it is not making it available to the public. Not every models' portfolio is made publicly available even, regardless of the division.

  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  296
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
Just b/c it's not on Ford's website doesn't mean Ford got rid of the division. It also don't have its commercial division, fitting division or older models division on the site. It just means it is not making it available to the public. Not every models' portfolio is made publicly available even, regardless of the division.
Well I happen to know for a fact that most of Ford's commercial divisions have closed. I've worked for the company for many years as a stylist and they sent out a mass email that they were closing their commercial divisions in NY. One of my friends was a make up artist with Ford Artist NY and they have closed that division already. Also, one of the bookers from Ford's Men direct board is rumored to be heading over to Wilhelmina, perhaps to start a Direct Men's board there. Considering this chain of events and that fact that the entire board is off the website, I think it's safe to say that Ford Plus is closed. I hope I'm wrong though, considering they had what I thought to be one of the stronger plus size boards in NY for plus girls. When portfolio's aren't made publicly available, it's usually for a model or two, not an entire board.

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  297
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 912
If what you say is true, then they should just close down the entire agency because they certainly are not making money off their "high fashion" board. Aside from Ashleigh and possibly Athena and Joanna T., what model do they have that any designer actually is booking?
They fired Paul R., let all of their top girls leave for other agencies and now are shutting down their commercial divisions?!?!
Maybe they'll can just keep the men's division.

  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  298
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
If what you say is true, then they should just close down the entire agency because they certainly are not making money off their "high fashion" board. Aside from Ashleigh and possibly Athena and Joanna T., what model do they have that any designer actually is booin NYing?
They fired Paul R., let all of their top girls leave for other agencies and now are shutting down their commercial divisions?!?!
Maybe they'll can just keep the men's division.
Well not necessarily, they still have a women's division, which probably makes some money while they try and rebuild the image board. Because they are trying to rebuild the image board, which is a priority to them and it cost money to run, they get rid of the other boards. The cost of 2 offices in NY and all these extra employees was too much with not enough income. Unfortunately it seems like their prestigious plus board suffered from the lack of image girls. In my opinion not a wise move, but who knows if they had other reasons. The former director of the plus girls had already taken a position at the women's board anyways. I'm assuming Wilhelmina plus and Muse's plus board will be the 2 major players now, unless someone else buys that plus board or the bookers go somewhere different.

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde

Last edited by CheshireCAT; 02-07-2013 at 07:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
02-07-2013
  299
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
Well not necessarily, they still have a women's division, which probably makes some money while they try and rebuild the image board. Because they are trying to rebuild the image board, which is a priority to them and it cost money to run, they get rid of the other boards. The cost of 2 offices in NY and all these extra employees was too much with not enough income. Unfortunately it seems like their prestigious plus board suffered from the lack of image girls. In my opinion not a wise move, but who knows if they had other reasons. The former director of the plus girls had already taken a position at the women's board anyways. I'm assuming Wilhelmina plus and Muse's plus board will be the 2 major players now, unless someone else buys that plus board or the bookers go somewhere different.
If their intention is to create an agency similar to DNA or Women or Marilyn before it started to crumble, I'm all for it. Those guys are very focused on the high fashion scene, but it's very hard to tell if that in fact is what they are doing. They have very few assets on the Image board now though they have added some recent girls with promise. They still seem to have no sister agency in Paris, which is a big problem. In Milan it looks like they are getting a lot of Monster's girls. Chris Gay apparently left Marilyn so if Ford landed him, it would be a huge boost in rebuilding their high fashion creed, though I have no idea if he in fact has any interest in Ford or otherwise.
As for the Plus size division, even if they've decided to shut down the board, I hope they kept a few of their top Plus girls like Marquita Pring or Kate Dillon and move them to the Women board at least. Plus size modeling pays fairly well so keeping a select few would be wise.

  Reply With Quote
04-07-2013
  300
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 649
Gary Dakin started Jag Models, a plus only agency with Jaclyn Sarka, who was heading the plus board. The facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jag-M...306508?fref=ts and their website www.jagmodels.com is still under construction.


Last edited by fashionfan222; 04-07-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: link
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.