How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2013
  301
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 911
According to NY Times, IMG Worldwide is for sale. That would, I'm assuming, the modeling agency as well as its sports management ops.

  Reply With Quote
 
20-07-2013
  302
front row
 
tayloryepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 346
Who would you consider the strongest agency in Paris to be? Elite? IMG? Oui?

  Reply With Quote
20-07-2013
  303
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloryepp View Post
Who would you consider the strongest agency in Paris to be? Elite? IMG? Oui?
Elite. It hasn't had the mutual support and benefit of a consistent sister agency in NYC like IMG until recently with the creation of Society. IMG Paris is a terrific agency by Elite Paris has found and developed so many top models and landed their girls in countless top runways and magazines. Oui is a good agency but really isn't in the mix for best agency in Paris. I would rank Women Paris and Next Paris ahead of Oui.

  Reply With Quote
29-08-2013
  304
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usa
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,073
If a model would like to change agencies, can she herself contact other agencies to meet? the mother agent has no follow thru and rarely returns calls. Would like to drop mother agent but afraid they are needed to set up meetings. Would this violate the models contract or just put her in jeopardy if the agency she is signed to found out?

  Reply With Quote
29-08-2013
  305
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
If a model would like to change agencies, can she herself contact other agencies to meet? the mother agent has no follow thru and rarely returns calls. Would like to drop mother agent but afraid they are needed to set up meetings. Would this violate the models contract or just put her in jeopardy if the agency she is signed to found out?
You can drop any agency you're with if they're not doing their job, granted you don't have a binding agreement or it has expired. You can go into agencies yourself, but agencies are not always easy to get appointments with (especially the good ones). Also a good mother agent has good relationship with certain agencies and can get a girl meetings one on one, none of that open call cattle thing where there are 50 other girls meeting the same agent.

My suggestion is to find a new mother agent in your area first.

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
03-09-2013
  306
Mr. Magic
 
Flashbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 101,672

__________________
Our existence is not worthy without your presence. Join the fun!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
  Reply With Quote
15-09-2013
  307
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usa
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,073
Could someone post which ny agencies link with which paris agencies? Obviously img, next, women link to their paris counterpart and Society with Elite, but who does, Ford, Nymm, DNA and Elite us link up with?

  Reply With Quote
15-09-2013
  308
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Could someone post which ny agencies link with which paris agencies? Obviously img, next, women link to their paris counterpart and Society with Elite, but who does, Ford, Nymm, DNA and Elite us link up with?
Ford is kind of open ended, but there a lot of Ford girls at Elite Paris.

DNA -> Viva Paris

NYMM -> Nathalie

Elite -> Oui

  Reply With Quote
15-09-2013
  309
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 911
I'm pretty sure Ford has no official ties with Paris Elite any longer. The Ford girls with Paris Elite have been with them from the days when P Rowland was still at Ford and before Paris Elite started Society in NY and took so many of Ford's girls. Will be interesting to see where Kate Goodling and Lexi Boling land in Paris. Might give a clue as to whom Ford is aligning with there.
Also, DNA seems to do quite a bit of swapping with Nathalie now as well as with Viva. Marilyn NY apparently is allied with Ford Europe now.

  Reply With Quote
16-09-2013
  310
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
I'm a bit curious as to the difference between an exclusive for a show in the territory and a worldwide exclusive. How hard it is for girls to get these and do the designers only use new faces for these exclusives? It just seems like these exclusives can be rather unpredictable. Cant imagine how the agencies don't kill each other to get them, if a girl books one and cant go on for other shows. If anyone could explain this please!

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
16-09-2013
  311
_____
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,949
City exclusives usually do not walk other shows but in many cases especially in Paris and Milan some will walk another prestige show which makes them a semi-exclusive. i.e. Scoop's strategy for Juliane Gruner and Kirstin Liljegren.

Girls that are up for a worldwide exclusive are the ones making their debut there and they will not be walking any other shows in other cities.

For models of high caliber to appear at Prada or Miu Miu only that would be a special request.

  Reply With Quote
16-09-2013
  312
_____
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
I'm pretty sure Ford has no official ties with Paris Elite any longer. The Ford girls with Paris Elite have been with them from the days when P Rowland was still at Ford and before Paris Elite started Society in NY and took so many of Ford's girls. Will be interesting to see where Kate Goodling and Lexi Boling land in Paris. Might give a clue as to whom Ford is aligning with there.
Also, DNA seems to do quite a bit of swapping with Nathalie now as well as with Viva. Marilyn NY apparently is allied with Ford Europe now.
You're right about Ford and Elite Paris.

They have a very stagnant flow at Ford EU. Other than Sara Steiner who else is with Marilyn?


Last edited by Cold; 16-09-2013 at 02:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote
17-09-2013
  313
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Gender: homme
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
You're right about Ford and Elite Paris.

They have a very stagnant flow at Ford EU. Other than Sara Steiner who else is with Marilyn?
No one I can think of at the moment but then again Ford Europe isn't brimming with top girls that NYC agencies are clamoring for, even an agency as downtrodden as Marilyn is these days.

  Reply With Quote
23-09-2013
  314
rising star
 
CheshireCAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: wonderland
Gender: femme
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
City exclusives usually do not walk other shows but in many cases especially in Paris and Milan some will walk another prestige show which makes them a semi-exclusive. i.e. Scoop's strategy for Juliane Gruner and Kirstin Liljegren.

Girls that are up for a worldwide exclusive are the ones making their debut there and they will not be walking any other shows in other cities.

For models of high caliber to appear at Prada or Miu Miu only that would be a special request.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious, I have not seen any world wide exclusives this show season. Unless I'm wrong. I thought every major designer had at least one world wide exclusive no?

Also, do the city exclusives, worldwide exclusives, and semi exclusives pay better than average? I'm assuming worldwide exclusive being a more lucrative booking.

__________________
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
-Oscar Wilde
  Reply With Quote
23-09-2013
  315
backstage pass
 
wannabemodelbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 816
Who would you consider to be the best male agency in Europe?

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.