How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2013
backstage pass

According to NY Times, IMG Worldwide is for sale. That would, I'm assuming, the modeling agency as well as its sports management ops.

20-07-2013
front row

Who would you consider the strongest agency in Paris to be? Elite? IMG? Oui?

20-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloryepp View Post
Who would you consider the strongest agency in Paris to be? Elite? IMG? Oui?
Elite. It hasn't had the mutual support and benefit of a consistent sister agency in NYC like IMG until recently with the creation of Society. IMG Paris is a terrific agency by Elite Paris has found and developed so many top models and landed their girls in countless top runways and magazines. Oui is a good agency but really isn't in the mix for best agency in Paris. I would rank Women Paris and Next Paris ahead of Oui.

29-08-2013
trendsetter

If a model would like to change agencies, can she herself contact other agencies to meet? the mother agent has no follow thru and rarely returns calls. Would like to drop mother agent but afraid they are needed to set up meetings. Would this violate the models contract or just put her in jeopardy if the agency she is signed to found out?

29-08-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
If a model would like to change agencies, can she herself contact other agencies to meet? the mother agent has no follow thru and rarely returns calls. Would like to drop mother agent but afraid they are needed to set up meetings. Would this violate the models contract or just put her in jeopardy if the agency she is signed to found out?
You can drop any agency you're with if they're not doing their job, granted you don't have a binding agreement or it has expired. You can go into agencies yourself, but agencies are not always easy to get appointments with (especially the good ones). Also a good mother agent has good relationship with certain agencies and can get a girl meetings one on one, none of that open call cattle thing where there are 50 other girls meeting the same agent.

My suggestion is to find a new mother agent in your area first.

03-09-2013
Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
15-09-2013
trendsetter

Could someone post which ny agencies link with which paris agencies? Obviously img, next, women link to their paris counterpart and Society with Elite, but who does, Ford, Nymm, DNA and Elite us link up with?

15-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
Could someone post which ny agencies link with which paris agencies? Obviously img, next, women link to their paris counterpart and Society with Elite, but who does, Ford, Nymm, DNA and Elite us link up with?
Ford is kind of open ended, but there a lot of Ford girls at Elite Paris.

DNA -> Viva Paris

NYMM -> Nathalie

Elite -> Oui

15-09-2013
backstage pass

I'm pretty sure Ford has no official ties with Paris Elite any longer. The Ford girls with Paris Elite have been with them from the days when P Rowland was still at Ford and before Paris Elite started Society in NY and took so many of Ford's girls. Will be interesting to see where Kate Goodling and Lexi Boling land in Paris. Might give a clue as to whom Ford is aligning with there.
Also, DNA seems to do quite a bit of swapping with Nathalie now as well as with Viva. Marilyn NY apparently is allied with Ford Europe now.

16-09-2013
rising star

I'm a bit curious as to the difference between an exclusive for a show in the territory and a worldwide exclusive. How hard it is for girls to get these and do the designers only use new faces for these exclusives? It just seems like these exclusives can be rather unpredictable. Cant imagine how the agencies don't kill each other to get them, if a girl books one and cant go on for other shows. If anyone could explain this please!

16-09-2013
_____

City exclusives usually do not walk other shows but in many cases especially in Paris and Milan some will walk another prestige show which makes them a semi-exclusive. i.e. Scoop's strategy for Juliane Gruner and Kirstin Liljegren.

Girls that are up for a worldwide exclusive are the ones making their debut there and they will not be walking any other shows in other cities.

For models of high caliber to appear at Prada or Miu Miu only that would be a special request.

16-09-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by woemwoem View Post
I'm pretty sure Ford has no official ties with Paris Elite any longer. The Ford girls with Paris Elite have been with them from the days when P Rowland was still at Ford and before Paris Elite started Society in NY and took so many of Ford's girls. Will be interesting to see where Kate Goodling and Lexi Boling land in Paris. Might give a clue as to whom Ford is aligning with there.
Also, DNA seems to do quite a bit of swapping with Nathalie now as well as with Viva. Marilyn NY apparently is allied with Ford Europe now.
You're right about Ford and Elite Paris.

They have a very stagnant flow at Ford EU. Other than Sara Steiner who else is with Marilyn?

Last edited by Cold; 16-09-2013 at 02:55 AM.
17-09-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
You're right about Ford and Elite Paris.

They have a very stagnant flow at Ford EU. Other than Sara Steiner who else is with Marilyn?
No one I can think of at the moment but then again Ford Europe isn't brimming with top girls that NYC agencies are clamoring for, even an agency as downtrodden as Marilyn is these days.

23-09-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
City exclusives usually do not walk other shows but in many cases especially in Paris and Milan some will walk another prestige show which makes them a semi-exclusive. i.e. Scoop's strategy for Juliane Gruner and Kirstin Liljegren.

Girls that are up for a worldwide exclusive are the ones making their debut there and they will not be walking any other shows in other cities.

For models of high caliber to appear at Prada or Miu Miu only that would be a special request.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious, I have not seen any world wide exclusives this show season. Unless I'm wrong. I thought every major designer had at least one world wide exclusive no?

Also, do the city exclusives, worldwide exclusives, and semi exclusives pay better than average? I'm assuming worldwide exclusive being a more lucrative booking.

23-09-2013
backstage pass

Who would you consider to be the best male agency in Europe?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread