How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemodelbook View Post
Who would you consider to be the best male agency in Europe?
That's difficult to say, considering there are so many. I would say Success in Paris and I Love Milan. In London I'm not too sure who is strongest for men?

24-09-2013
backstage pass

Guys, does any of you know anything about YES RIGHT modeling agency from London? They don't have much info (not even an address) on their website, only on their facebook page. There aren't many models either, but they say they are newly opened agency. Do you think it's worth going on the casting?

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCAT View Post
That's difficult to say, considering there are so many. I would say Success in Paris and I Love Milan. In London I'm not too sure who is strongest for men?
I agree with Success + I may add Ford Models Europe.

London's SUPA, Models1 and Elite for me. Sometimes Premier too.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
24-09-2013
backstage pass

I also think SUPA is really strong. Would you consider "Tomorrow is another day" a good agency?

24-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
I also think SUPA is really strong. Would you consider "Tomorrow is another day" a good agency?
They have a few strong new guys, but their board is SO LOADED, there are like 500 guys, it's pretty insane. I honestly think they would benefit by cutting out more than half of those guys and keeping the real stars.

25-09-2013
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Although I don't favor many of the models, TIAD's a good agency and I love that they are committed with their own imagery.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
16-10-2013
trendsetter

If one was going to sign with an agency in Europe, What are the top three women agencies in London, Milan and Paris and why?

28-10-2013
rising star

I would say:

London: Select , Premier, Storm, (Union)
Milan: Women, Why Not, Monster ?
Paris: Nathalie, Women, Viva and Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab348 View Post
If one was going to sign with an agency in Europe, What are the top three women agencies in London, Milan and Paris and why?

07-12-2013
trendsetter

For those members in the know, if one is a new face, which NY agency would be best to sign with based upon ability to develop, launch and build a career?
Women, DNA, Society, Supreme?
Also Women has no development board on website, anyone know how many girls they might have in dev?
I didn't include IMG because they seem better for more established girls and have so many girls in development. Also concerned about potential management changes at Elite and their relationship with Oui which people indicated earlier in thread may be financially unsound.

07-12-2013
rising star

Quote:
For those members in the know, if one is a new face, which NY agency would be best to sign with based upon ability to develop, launch and build a career? Women, DNA, Society, Supreme?
Would love to see a new face which is wanted crazy by all these agencies! Normally, unless a new face did some Prada in Europe already, she's the one to be chosen and not v.v.

07-12-2013
front row

Quote:
For those members in the know, if one is a new face, which NY agency would be best to sign with based upon ability to develop, launch and build a career?
Women, DNA, Society, Supreme?
Also Women has no development board on website, anyone know how many girls they might have in dev?
I didn't include IMG because they seem better for more established girls and have so many girls in development. Also concerned about potential management changes at Elite and their relationship with Oui which people indicated earlier in thread may be financially unsound.
If the new face is brand new to modeling and NYC is the first market, a smaller agency is best. With the agencies you mentioned, the DNA and Society team are incredible with development. Supreme/Women does great things for their new American girls. Smaller agencies like Fusion and Trump have proven to do amazing things for their girls too by literally polishing a diamond in the rough--many of their girls can eventually move on to bigger agencies for the next step. All in all, development in NYC is the hardest because the modeling industry tends to stem development from overseas first (where the overseas markets are already so saturated and everyone wants to come to NYC). So the girls already signed with the top agencies are foreign girls who have already made somewhat of an international status.

Agencies like Next, Wilhelmina, IMG develop an original star through their NYC office once every blue moon. Their boards are very crowded, repetitive and a lesser known name is more likely to get lost especially if she doesn't give a strong competition. Their development boards move faster than a fast food drive-through lane.

Attention is the biggest factor with development. New faces need a lot of attention in every facet of their life and career. So it is important to choose an agency that has the time and resources to give attention to a girl. This means an agency that is not stuck on their stars but also has the client and coaching connections.

10-12-2013
backstage pass

I totally agree with thebluerider, as new face, never be obsessed to join the biggest where you will be at best in the middle of 20 other new faces arriving at same moment as you. But go where you are sure you are very wanted and where you receive all the attention and the biggest part of the promotion of their just few new girls.

11-12-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Would love to see a new face which is wanted crazy by all these agencies! Normally, unless a new face did some Prada in Europe already, she's the one to be chosen and not v.v.
Yeah, and it's normally not the case that big agencies especially in NY, take in a new girl unless they're with the mother agencies they're connected with. It's crucial to have a good mother agency that has all the right connections.

11-12-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Yeah, and it's normally not the case that big agencies especially in NY, take in a new girl unless they're with the mother agencies they're connected with. It's crucial to have a good mother agency that has all the right connections.
I missed you here, are we talking business or just about a tourist trip to NYC? Have you got any idea which are the average debt and the average income for the new face model in NY if she's there for the first 3 months?

Last edited by sleb; 11-12-2013 at 03:02 AM.
17-12-2013
backstage pass

IMG sold apparently. Unclear whether William Morris is keeping the modeling agency.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/12/...ent-agency/?hp

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread