How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2014
windowshopping

Does anyone know why Bleu Model Management is Los Angeles is being shut down by the owner Rosie?

27-08-2014
rising star

Women Management (Women Direct)
Anyone have any news about Women Direct changing into a new agency called Women / 360 ?

Does it have to do with the Elite/Women holding company ?

28-08-2014
backstage pass

^ no, I believe it's simply a rebrand. "Direct" has connotations that the girls are not in town or are only available for direct bookings (meaning, not available for castings, go-sees, fittings, etc). I believe their intention is to remove this impression and come into their own identity.

28-08-2014
rising star

That makes sense...
Thanks for your answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstay View Post
^ no, I believe it's simply a rebrand. "Direct" has connotations that the girls are not in town or are only available for direct bookings (meaning, not available for castings, go-sees, fittings, etc). I believe their intention is to remove this impression and come into their own identity.

01-11-2014
windowshopping

The Fabbrica
Does anyone know a new model agency called "The Fabbrica" which seems to have recently open in Milan?

2 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

www.thefabbrica.com

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

New agency in Paris called Supreme, the Paris office of Supreme and affiliated with Women in NYC and of course, Women Paris/Elite Europe/Nathalie. Looks like all of the girls were with Women in Paris and/or Nathalie. I don't exactly understand the need for yet another Women/Elite Europe-affiliated agency in Paris. All these agencies are essentially the same agency even if they are branded differently.

Last edited by woemwoem; 1 Week Ago at 07:52 PM.
1 Week Ago
front row

I have a question about models and the agencies they belong to that I don't know if I should make a new thread or if it's suited to this thread but meh. So I often see people commenting on certain models like 'oh she's definitely an IMG girl' or 'that model has got the Elite look' or 'that's not Storm's typical kind of girl' etc. What is the "IMG look"? Doll face? And the others.. it'd be interesting to hear.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite13 View Post
I have a question about models and the agencies they belong to that I don't know if I should make a new thread or if it's suited to this thread but meh. So I often see people commenting on certain models like 'oh she's definitely an IMG girl' or 'that model has got the Elite look' or 'that's not Storm's typical kind of girl' etc. What is the "IMG look"? Doll face? And the others.. it'd be interesting to hear.
I think essentially it's which agency could best represent a model if you get what I mean. The most obvious example I can think of was Supreme when Paul Rowland was in charge, where you get all these edgy, editorial girls who got all the cool editorials and some campaigns but sadly, most of them didn't last very long in the industry.

And when it comes to an IMG girl, I think it's someone who you see straddling both high fashion and commercial and I think thats what IMG best represents especially if a model plans to diversify. Like, Martha Hunt was initially with Code Model Management (a small agency that shuttered) before going to Next and ultimately landing at IMG where she's getting all these big commercial jobs like VS while doing a bit of high fashion like her Miu Miu campaign. But ultimately, IMG usually works well with semi-established models and their newcomers usually gets left behind especially if they don't have a strong showing their debut season.

And I don't know what the "Elite look" is because their contest is huge and almost every other model goes through their Elite Model Look and gets funnelled to different agencies but they do get success with their models. If you look up their mainboard at The Society, almost all their girls are consistently working and they do seem to have a good eye out for new models who tend to do really well.

Last edited by ash92; 1 Week Ago at 07:08 AM.
1 Week Ago
front row

^ Thank you, gave you karma.

This has probably been answered before but can anyone tell me the difference between The Society and the New York branch of Elite?
It almost seems like The Society is more exclusive? Hence the name I guess..

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite13 View Post
^ Thank you, gave you karma.

This has probably been answered before but can anyone tell me the difference between The Society and the New York branch of Elite?
It almost seems like The Society is more exclusive? Hence the name I guess..
The Society and Elite NY have no relationship. All the Elite branches used to be affiliated but the Europe branch and NY offices had some sort of falling out, possibly due to the whole drug scandal in the late 90s or early 00s.

Elite NYC was sold and operated independently from Elite Europe for a while. Elite Europe was the European sister agency for a number of agencies in NY like Ford and Marilyn for a while. About two years ago, Elite Europe decided to open an office in NY, hence the Society.

The Society, though, is affiliated with Women NY/Supreme NY. They are owned by the same people.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread