How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

Women is the cash cow / star division (established, developed models), Verve is the common development roster with girls who have already worked a bit and Sneak Preview includes freshly discovered gems who have nothing than a batch of polaroids or simple test shot to their books.

It's pretty much the same like Storm Models' 'Women - New Faces - The Future" segmentation...

17-07-2011
trendsetter

Thank you!

19-07-2011
trendsetter

Here I am again! (with my 1000th post)

What about Bookings London? Is it good?

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

^ Nope not really. Typical low lever commercial agency.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

What about d'management Group Milan?
http://www.dmanagementgroup.com/html/index2.asp

I mean..there are a LOT of BIG names: Kate, Naomi etc, it girls like Liu Wen..but how this agency is powerful to get jobs for their models?

Kate is with IMG in New York for ex..when you're with a monster like IMG in NY and you don't walk anymore in Milan what could be the role of d' management?
For models like Elisa Sednaoui, Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Chanel Iman, Behati Prinsoloo etc ?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by AlbertNoir; 19-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.
19-07-2011
V.I.P.

^Well it makes sense for direct booking although I doubt that supermodel-relevant-bookings run through a Milan based agency so it's probably prestige relevated

19-07-2011
trendsetter

Good question. I always think that agencies with a large number of "celebrities" are the best agencies. But... That isn't necessarily true?

19-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertNoir View Post
What about d'management Group Milan?
http://www.dmanagementgroup.com/html/index2.asp

I mean..there are a LOT of BIG names: Kate, Naomi etc, it girls like Liu Wen..but how this agency is powerful to get jobs for their models?

Kate is with IMG in New York for ex..when you're with a monster like IMG in NY and you don't walk anymore in Milan what could be the role of d' management?
For models like Elisa Sednaoui, Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Chanel Iman, Behati Prinsoloo etc ?

Thanks in advance!
Like Cologne Rocks pointed, Milan is truly just an important place for the show seasons, and even for that, the top shows are pre casted well before in Paris too anyway.
Beside that, there is really not a lot of important booking done in Milan, even the most important italian magazines edito are rarely booked from Milan agencies offices.
So for the top girls, the agency is Milan is really not a choice as important as can be in Paris or NY.
Overall, about "quality" of work, u can consider that a top milan agency provide the same work as a medium level agency in Paris, nothing better.

19-07-2011
trendsetter

Dutch agencies often send their girls to Milan... So that's kinda unnecessary?

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

I think Milan is the place to start out for girls who were not "worth" enough to be located to Paris. I may be wrong, but apparently the truly promising girls are directly flight in to Paris while girls who have been taken by agency networks for stragecy-related reasons with motheragents or who knows why go to Milan and end up doing two bland test shootings and Jil Sander showroom.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 19-07-2011 at 05:15 PM.
19-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post
Dutch agencies often send their girls to Milan.
it is because in any mother agency, if 10% of the girls are good for Milan, maybe just 2% are good for Paris or NY.
Milan It's just a more easy market to be placed in for an "average" new face.

19-07-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks to everyone for the answers! I'm even a bit confused btw..ok it's clear NY is the center of the industry for every model..but I hate this NY thing! Sorry..everything that comes from that city is gold?! Every year the same persons say the same things..in NY there're the coolest models, photographers, stylists, magazines bla bla bla! I love that city, but why the industry can't be more free from these stereotypes?
And why a Vogue Italia edit couldn't be shooted in Italy or in Europe (thanks to a Milan agency for ex)?
Why a Paris agency is more "in" than a Milan agency and: "Milan is truly just an important place for the show seasons"..ok, right for new models like Liu Wen or JuJu Ivanyuk (talking about d'management), BUT..Kate Moss, Eva Riccobono, Lily Cole, Lisa Cant, Naomi, Eva Herzigova, Claudia Schiffer etc are all girls far from the catwalks now..they did their money..so what d'management does in Milan for them (considering they're with big agency in NY & Paris)?
And every big Italian campaign (Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Ferragamo...) is booked by a NY or Paris agency?!?

THANKS!!!!

19-07-2011
backstage pass

What do you guys think of Modelwerk?

19-07-2011
backstage pass

Modelwerk has a lot of big money clients and is a great direct booking agency. One of the top agencies in Germany for sure.

19-07-2011
Zenga Zenga

Love this kind of answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
I think Milan is the place to start out for girls who were not "worth" enough to be located to Paris. I may be wrong, but apparently the truly promising girls are directly flight in to Paris while girls who have been taken by agency networks for stragecy-related reasons with motheragents or who knows why go to Milan and end up doing two bland test shootings and Jil Sander showroom.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agency, mega, model, thread