How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

As all of you already said, it has been a strange season. I don't know in what though , 'cause there were both established and newcomers walking so..

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

I wouldn't give my hopes up on LV either. It's basically going ot be another bunch of newfaces, the top newcomer of the season and Kate Moss closing again. I even, quite frankly, look more forward to the Miu Miu cast.

tfs star

most random casting choice of the season so far: Dorothea closing Chanel.

IMO anyway.

backstage pass

It was unexpected but not totally random, Karl has always liked Dorothea.

06-03-2012
fashion icon

I know I'm about to get slaughtered for this comment, but I feel like Joan, Karmen & Karlie have been carrying this whole season for the established models. They all have star power, but usually there are at least 7 or 8 big stars that walk all the big shows, not 3 or 4. The newcomers this season have been especially bland. I wish they would have had a few more "comeback stories" this season, like Tanya D. There are so many girls that could have been used this season: Bruna Tenorio, All Kostromichova, Georgina Stojilkovic, etc. If the supermodels won't show up, then at least bring back the girls who could perform. Most of the new girls are gonna be blips next season. The expiration date for models is getting shorter & shorter.

06-03-2012
fashion insider

How has Karlie carried the season...when she didnt even walk 3/4 cities?

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

well the ''COMEBACK" i love the most was Lily D

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
well the ''COMEBACK" i love the most was Lily D
++++++++1. i also enjoy meghan collison; its great to see her walk more shows.

what happens to lisa cant? i thought she would walk after her agency announced her comeback to full time modeling.

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

I also loved Lily D's comeback but for me the best comeback is Ymre Stiekema, even though she slowed down a bit in Paris it was nice seeing her in a lot of shows.

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
most random casting choice of the season so far: Dorothea closing Chanel.

IMO anyway.
On style.com Maria Bradley has the last look, which IMO is slightly less random. She seems more like a Karl girl to me.

I don't really agree about the Joan/Karlie/Karmen star power either. Karmen I didn't notice all season? Karlie appeared with a bang in Paris but then she walked some rather random shows and didn't open or close as many huge shows as one would have expected. And no idea about Joan, I didn't see her opening/closing anything other than Kanye...

To me the "stars" of the season were Kati Nescher and Aymeline Valade. They both had solid seasons, walking shows in all major cities, opening and closing a lot. Although Kati has slowed down in Paris a lot. Kasia Struss did really well in Milan.

Hard workers of the season: Hanne Gaby, Kinga Rajzak, Julia Nobis, Ruby Aldridge.

Major disappointments: Jacquelyn Jablonski, Daphne Groeneveld, Jac, Emily Baker. As for the newbies, Katryn Kruger was below all expectations because after a good start in NY she walked almost nothing major in Europe.
Another odd case: Laura Kampmann? Being on a Vogue Italia cover during Fashion Week month and being in the Balenciaga campaign and booking only small shows. Weird.

Best surprise: Kel Markey walking Proenza, Prada, Balenciaga & Chanel She's been my favorite girl for so long and it's crazy she finally gets booked for the big shows.

Newbies that made an impression: Kolfinna Kristoffersdottir, Elza Luijendijk, Sophie "Hirschy" Hirschfelder. And I also really loved Magda Laguinge, Codie Young, Dempsey Stewart and Kelly Mittendorf this season.

Overall I guess this was inarguably one of the weirdest seasons casting-wise and it's going to be very interesting to see how this translates into campaigns. I guess it will be another one of those seasons where the "Icons" will front more campaigns than the established hard workers. And there will probably be more new faces that we won't even end up seeing on the runway next season...

07-03-2012
User Friendly

I guess its a fact of the modeling world, but I'm really disappointed to see some of the faces of the last few seasons already fading..

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

This season makes me DEPRESSED!!! Bleahhhh!!! Prada and Versace ..such a shame!! Today ugly is cool!! Hate that fashion has always This "refresh refresh, new!" when agencies are full of supers! Most of the newbies are UGLY, anonymous, and i'll forget their faces altre one day (same about their unspeakable names!!!) i'm only happy about karlie, aymeline, ruby, hanne gaby, joan and poly..the rest is nothing. And happy jac is slowing down! AND where's Constance ???

07-03-2012
fashion elite

not even a big name at Louis Vuitton, such a shame

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

I'm shocked!!! Why not Stam at LV?! many thanks to ALL the casting directors this season! Bleah !

07-03-2012
V.I.P.

So far, this season was a mess. Sure I get that the dark clothes goes with a type of beauty, but it was to much. To less big names, to many new faces in one show, only Milan was exciting with Poly and at the Wang show. I was glad Karlie was in Paris but would except to see her more.

It seems the trend was to get as many dark haired newbies as you can. I agree that ugly beautiful this day is "in" and they were in almost every show. True beauty's like Jac, Ymre, Toni and Frida didn't have that much show. I think for Ymre it was better to start a full season last season or wait a other season..

The stars are ofcourse Kati, she was in almost every big show and opened/closed quite a lot in NY. She is the "it" face of the season and also Zuzanna was almost everywhere.
Others who did quite good: Ava, Nadja, Kasia and Bette.
Unfortunatly blonde is not in. But Hanne Gaby, Ginta seems to always get their share.

Most odd case indeed Laura Kampman; she did only two shows in Paris and like 4 in Milan.
M&M's exclusive Daphne (a couple years ago) did a way better job then Meisels exclusive Laura. tbh Laura isn't really exciting to watch, very bland.

Loyalty: where was it by some designers (balenciaga for example)? Prada did have quite a lot newbies but also faces you always see at Prada.
Josefien 3 times opened ck in a row and now not even in one show casted bij rami and the other.
@AlbertNoir: you hate ugly but you're glad Jac (one of the most beautiful models) slowed down? uhh?

Arizona Muse (except maybe paris), Daphne Groeneveld, Emily Baker where were they? Most castings were all the same, i only enjoyed the castings that stayed loyal to their models with some new faces or the ones that didn't have the same cast we saw everywhere: like Stella McCartney, Balmain, Isabel Marant, Dior, Kenzo.

Last edited by Forrest; 07-03-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, casting, f or w, model