How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2012
French Chic

If I'm honest I didn't find the casting as odd as others did this season.
I also thought there were quite a few blonde girls doing shows.

I was so thrilled for Ava Smith to do so well, after slogging away for so long.
Mackenzie Drazan was also impressive.
Any of the girls whose names began with a 'K'.......Kati Nescher, Katlin Aas, Karlina Caune, Kate King, Kendra Spears and Kinga Razjak who was the highlight of show season IMO.

Bette Franke being everywhere that mattered.
Black girls being poorly represented...yet again. Only Cora Emanuel seemed to be in favour.
Arizona Muse doing some very B-list shows, Daphne Groeneveld doing pretty much terrible.....although I wasn't unhappy about that. Querelle Jansson staging an impressive comeback.

Most baffling to me was the popularity of Meghan Collison, who looks terrible on any runway.

10-03-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
Most baffling to me was the popularity of Meghan Collison, who looks terrible on any runway.
^I second that, in fact she looks 'unwell' to me if you know what I mean...

V.I.P.

Third that. When she debuted back in the day and was "the s***" in print, she could barely book 2 decent shows during a season, and now she's suddenly on fire. Strange.

10-03-2012
front row

Probably because she looks great on the runway and you will all deal.

Unveil Yourself....

In pictures, maybe. But in moving footage, it's awefully awkward.

Can I also just celebrate the return of Alison Nix and Tanya Dziahileva to the runways? They might not have booked all the major shows, but I really enjoyed their presence at the shows they did walk!

twitter.com/ErikP87
11-03-2012
French Chic

^ Yeah I was going to mention Alison Nix, but forgot.
Such a great runway presence and looking great at the shows she did.

fashion insider

Ophelie Rupp had a great season as well. I am happy for her , it's so unusual to see a girl from a smaller agency book so much. She walked 43 shows.
Here's her showlist

lost in thought

If anyone is interested in following James Scully's Casting Director Diaries series (post #64) here are parts II and III.

Quote:
Casting Director Diaries: James Scully’s Fittings with Jason Wu and Oscar de la Renta
By James Lim and Trina Rodriguez

In James Scully's second video installment, the casting director gives us an exclusive glimpse into the endless fittings that take place before a show is presented. Models including Joan Smalls, Kati Nescher, Daria Strokous, and Cara Delevigne all appear in the video, as does newcomer Katryn Kruger, who closed for Jason Wu. Scully also explains why there's such emphasis placed on a show's opening and closing models. Watch the exhausting process unfold after the jump, and stay tuned for part three tomorrow.

Quote:
Casting Director Diaries: James Scully’s Backstage Chaos at Carolina Herrera and Derek Lam
By James Lim and Trina Rodriguez

All week, veteran casting director James Scully has been taping his hectic schedule of gosees and fittings for The Cut. In his final installment, he reports from the backstage madness at Oscar de la Renta, Derek Lam, Jason Wu, and Carolina Herrera. He manages to capture some delightful moments with Daria Strokous (fashion week dreams!), Cara Delevingne (they're getting fake-married soon!), and the always hilarious Hanne Gaby Odiele (who really enjoys yelling). See it all unfold in the clip.
Video: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2012/...art-three.html

Great backstage vibe, and encouraging words for the girls.

20-03-2012
tfs star

Dammmn, Daphne's proving that runway nowadays means squad by scoring i-D, Vogue Russia and Vogue Korea.

Last edited by Riseup; 20-03-2012 at 09:22 AM.
21-03-2012
V.I.P.

^those covers were probably shot before fashion week though, since it takes what most of the time 3 months?

21-03-2012
backstage pass

yeah, i agree with you forrest..most of eds or covers were shot 3 or more months before..f.e snejana's ed in vogue japan for may issue was shot in january or even before..
Posted via Mobile Device

21-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
Dammmn, Daphne's proving that runway nowadays means squad by scoring i-D, Vogue Russia and Vogue Korea.
I agree as it pertains to certain models like Daphne and Arizona. I think that if you are at their level with their connections, then not walking a lot of shows or booking a bunch of the highest echelon shows* (whether it is your choice or the designers) does not matter significantly - photographers, editors and designers already know these two models, so walking or not walking Prada or Versace at this point IMO is not a big factor in near-term bookings.

* I think that quality matters somewhat, but I don't think that walking Genny is that big of a deal if you are also have shows like Chanel, Balmain and Oscar de la Renta on your showlist.

Last edited by agee; 21-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.
01-04-2012
rising star

The Daily Mail have done their top ten show girls with Ava Smith first: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/...medium=twitter x

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

Apparentely there's some huge casting for tomorrow's Wunderkind by Wolfgang Joop show... Iris Strubegger, Querelle Jansen, Zuzanna Bijoch and so on.

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Where is the show? Is it in Paris? Casting sure sounds good already!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, casting, f or w, model