How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

i saw a instagram pic Anja together with Arizona (i am afraid she will do the Ford show too...)

18-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_expert View Post
Is J Saunders still Marsh? To me it seemed more a Katie Grand cast..
I believe Katie wll say this cast is not cool enough. LOL

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

^what do you mean? Katie styled the show..

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATO View Post
i saw a instagram pic Anja together with Arizona (i am afraid she will do the Ford show too...)
I really don't get why it's such a bad thing that Arizona is there. Whenever Arizona is mentioned in a thread, the dislike towards her seems so unjustified, IMO. I may not follow her career religiously, but still..

Excited for Tom Ford, hope there will be some surprise appearances. Also, I've noticed some models are going to Madrid during LFW? Is there a fashion week there?

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naya View Post
I really don't get why it's such a bad thing that Arizona is there. Whenever Arizona is mentioned in a thread, the dislike towards her seems so unjustified, IMO. I may not follow her career religiously, but still..

Excited for Tom Ford, hope there will be some surprise appearances. Also, I've noticed some models are going to Madrid during LFW? Is there a fashion week there?
that Arizona theme is discussed enough - she is a very good print model and i like her ads, pics, etc... everything is fine o.k.
- but her runway appearances - no - unsuitable - thats my opinion

18-02-2013
Mr. Magic

Christopher Kane is by Russell Marsh again and styled by Jacob K.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naya View Post
Also, I've noticed some models are going to Madrid during LFW? Is there a fashion week there?
Yes and it pays very handsomely.

18-02-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_expert View Post
^what do you mean? Katie styled the show..
but Russell is the casting director right? I feel if Katie give advise about the cast, it would be a little bit more unexpected. just saying

18-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Yes and it pays very handsomely.
^plus, fashion shows are held on the same premises, so the models find it much more comfortable and less stressful to do their work and meet their runway-schedule.

on the other hand, does anyone know something about Moa Aberg? perhaps Burberry semi/exclusive?

V.I.P.

Karlie at Burberry.

V.I.P.

...as i expected ...

18-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
^Neither of them has ever walked for Burberry so it's a safe bet it's for Tom Ford. They both fit his aesthetic so well anyway.
Joan has walked for Burberry before, but she was not there this time, Karlie however was I'm guessing you're right that they are both going to be at Tom Ford.

18-02-2013
tfs star

Saskia is also in London maybe she will walk Tom Ford

18-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Akiyama View Post
^We really cannot position Saskia and Lindsey in the same arena as new faces, though - Saskia was never a show girl to begin with (She was one of the ones I was considering when I mentioned show-editorial differentiation), while Lindsey's frame when she first started was much less womanly than today. And with Lindsey her appeal is likely very much about her unique look a la Kel Markey.

But all good and fair enough in regards to Elza - like I said it was just a theory, but it's one that actually does have basis via personal experience and observation. I know she was apparently ill last season - hopefully recovered in full health now - but the two shows in her NY showlist this season were no doubt random, even if it was due to a selectivity decision. I've always thought that Elza's upper frame was very similar to Eniko's, and I know for a fact that this (Rather unfortunate) issue contributed to Eniko's lacking presence on the runway as her career progressed. Kasia, on the other hand, has it all - from the elegant neck down to great ankles. She has always been the ideal runway girl even if she never shot every other Vogue editorial in existence like Eniko used to. All I can say is I hope for a good comeback for Elza when she is ready again, as IMG seems to do very well in that realm. If not on the runway, then hopefully she will still thrive in printwork and shine in front of the camera

And for sure no one these days comes close to the models of older eras, but I do wish things would return to a more womanly visual than one that's too androgynous, which is where most of the "cool" brands in the major markets are headed.
I do understand what you mean but my reply was based on the fact that working in the industry for this short 6 months I have realized that shoulders, ankles, and minimal things like that are becoming less relevant.while designers and casting directors do use models with a certain body type it is actually becoming less specific than it was even a few years ago. If a model has the personality and and is able to fulfill the designers vision she will be booked regardless of her shoulders being a little wider. And believe it or not the ones sitting front row at the shows will not notice shoulders being a little wider or ankles or even height for that matter. Right now their are models who are 5'7 walking for the top brands in the world. Castings are becoming less about exact measurements and more about a personality that is endearing. So no elza's shoulders has NOTHING to do with her slowing momentum. And by the way her momentum has not really slowed
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by intern22; 18-02-2013 at 12:10 PM.
18-02-2013
fashion elite

Kristen McMenamy at Giles

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model