How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2013
tfs star

Why doesn't Gucci cast any other black models besides Joan? Like come one, black models like Grace Mahary and Cora Emmanuel have much better walks and have a greater presence then some of those bland white girls they cast. It just doesnt make sense. And Julia Nobis for Gucci?! Really?!

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

If they want a model to spice up their casts, they need to bring back some old Prada fixtures.

Amber Valletta, Angela Lindvall, Hannelore Knuts, Luca Gadjus, Anouck Lepere, Elise Crombez.

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
Why doesn't Gucci cast any other black models besides Joan? Like come one, black models like Grace Mahary and Cora Emmanuel have much better walks and have a greater presence then some of those bland white girls they cast. It just doesnt make sense. And Julia Nobis for Gucci?! Really?!
As much as I love Julia Nobis with every single shred of soul I may or may not have, she is not a Gucci girl whatsoever. I really do think there needs to be more than just one black girl at Gucci, especially when girls like Grace and Cora are doing so well this season and have great bodies to boot.

20-02-2013
front row

Gucci does need to cast more black girls. Grace mahary doesnt really seem like a gucci girl but Cora Emmanuel, anais mali, or melodie monrose are much better than joan imo. And I just realized all three of those girls are from Martinique! My homeland! So maybe im being biased towards them lol
Posted via Mobile Device

20-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by intern22 View Post
Gucci does need to cast more black girls. Grace mahary doesnt really seem like a gucci girl but Cora Emmanuel, anais mali, or melodie monrose are much better than joan imo. And I just realized all three of those girls are from Martinique! My homeland! So maybe im being biased towards them lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Personally, I really do think Grace Mahary is a Gucci girl but maybe its because I love her so much But for me, Grace and Cora fit the brand perfectly and they would be a great fit to the Gucci shows.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
Personally, I really do think Grace Mahary is a Gucci girl but maybe its because I love her so much But for me, Grace and Cora fit the brand perfectly and they would be a great fit to the Gucci shows.
Yeah, it's definitely because you love her so much. Grace Mahary fits Gucci as much as Jamie Bochert does. But there are plenty of other black girls who would look wonderful there - Jasmine, Cora, etc. At least better than Julia, Suvi, etc.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Yeah, it's definitely because you love her so much. Grace Mahary fits Gucci as much as Jamie Bochert does. But there are plenty of other black girls who would look wonderful there - Jasmine, Cora, etc. At least better than Julia, Suvi, etc.
Why don't you think Grace would fit Gucci? And no, not Jasmine Tookes, eeek! Im glad Jasmine is fading, sorry to say. She did nothing for me on the runways. But in the end, all I want are some more black girls in Gucci!! You don't know how mad I was when they dropped Jourdan Dunn after S/S 2012

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Frida Gianini does enjoy a "goth" approach in addition to her floaty flower blond girls. Gucci is honestly not a sexy brand anymore and isn't sexy as the Tom Ford era when exotic girls ruled. Frida used Jamie Bochert in a Gucci campaign too..
I can see Cora and Grace there but I can't see Jasmine.

20-02-2013
tfs star

Melodie Monrose for Gucci?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Frida Gianini does enjoy a "goth" approach in addition to her floaty flower blond girls. Gucci is honestly not a sexy brand anymore and isn't sexy as the Tom Ford era when exotic girls ruled. Frida used Jamie Bochert in a Gucci campaign too..
I can see Cora and Grace there but I can't see Jasmine.
That campaign was a mess though. And even still, Jamie never walked the show. Neither should Grace. Sexy or goth is not an issue.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
If they want a model to spice up their casts, they need to bring back some old Prada fixtures.

Amber Valletta, Angela Lindvall, Hannelore Knuts, Luca Gadjus, Anouck Lepere, Elise Crombez.
That sounds so good!! Guinevere and Iselin hopefully again too.

trendsetter

Why Jourdan Dunn doesn't walk Gucci anymore? she used to be a must.

20-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernini View Post
Why Jourdan Dunn doesn't walk Gucci anymore? she used to be a must.
I know, right? Her last appearance at Gucci was S/S 2012. Now the only black model they cast is Joan Smalls, like come on. She's not the only black model in this business

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
And sadly the IT girls of today are the most unconventional looking ones
Nah, more like the most generic girls but they're the ones favored because of their ~personalities~

Last edited by stellarnostalgia; 20-02-2013 at 08:39 PM.
20-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiki View Post
Melodie Monrose for Gucci?
Absolutely, shes walked for gucci before
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, casting, f or w, model